My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

jac962

My Regimen
Reaction score
That looks right, I keep mine in the bottle. I shake it, then suck it up with a dropper. So each application gets a little sediment on my scalp. Once it dries, I shake any of the left over residue out.

Hi Worm,

Really appreciate your dedication to helping people on the forum especially on the topic of Zix. I recently got off of Finasteride because of sides and decided to try Zix. I started with the original and I’m going to modify based on the results I get. My current regimine is: Zix 2x daily, minoxidil 2x daily, keto shampoo 1x/week, dermaroller 1.5mm 1x/week (no minoxidil or Zix on that day).

My question is this. One drop of Zix = 1/20mL. So if you’re using 1-2mLs per application, you’re using 20-40 drops? What is the benefit of this vs. using 4-5 drops? I’m obviously naive to the application process but 20-40 drops seems like a lot. Also, I’m only applying to the hairline as my crown is in good shape. Thanks again for all the help and looking forward to hearing your response.

James Passion

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, I am back.
The zix is really good, my zix contains 150mg vitamin B6 P5P, 700mg Zinc sulfate heptahydrate,40ml water and 15ml alcohol(75%).
I want zix to work better. What concentration do you think I should increase? Thanks.

quantumzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairloss is starting to get worse so i need to get on something and this looks promising. It´s a very long thread however and i have not really understood exactly how to make this conoction. Dissolve zinc, b6 in 70% ethanol and then add distilled water? Where would one acquire 70% ethanol? I dont think this is something available in pharmacies where i am from.

quantumzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hairloss is starting to get worse so i need to get on something and this looks promising. It´s a very long thread however and i have not really understood exactly how to make this conoction. Dissolve zinc, b6 in 70% ethanol and then add distilled water? Where would one acquire 70% ethanol? I dont think this is something available in pharmacies where i am from.
I think you need a pharmaceutical license to be able to buy high grade ethyl-alcohol here in Sweden. The only thing thats readily available is not pure ethyl alcohol but mixed with a bunch of other things...Are there any alternatives to ethyl alcohol?
EDIT: managed to order all the ingredients needed online. Excited! 1-2ml of the conoction twice a day right? Do you guys ever miss days?

Last edited:

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Worm,

Really appreciate your dedication to helping people on the forum especially on the topic of Zix. I recently got off of Finasteride because of sides and decided to try Zix. I started with the original and I’m going to modify based on the results I get. My current regimine is: Zix 2x daily, minoxidil 2x daily, keto shampoo 1x/week, dermaroller 1.5mm 1x/week (no minoxidil or Zix on that day).

My question is this. One drop of Zix = 1/20mL. So if you’re using 1-2mLs per application, you’re using 20-40 drops? What is the benefit of this vs. using 4-5 drops? I’m obviously naive to the application process but 20-40 drops seems like a lot. Also, I’m only applying to the hairline as my crown is in good shape. Thanks again for all the help and looking forward to hearing your response.

I actually use more like 3-4 MLS once daily, as inhave long hair. But I would do 2mls twice daily to kick start things.

I caution you about using nizoral, I dont think it reacts well with zix I shed massively while using nizoral.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi worm, I am back.
The zix is really good, my zix contains 150mg vitamin B6 P5P, 700mg Zinc sulfate heptahydrate,40ml water and 15ml alcohol(75%).
I want zix to work better. What concentration do you think I should increase? Thanks.

You can try upping the b6 and zinc proportionally to have a higher concentration. That may work or may not as it may be the plateau. Tough to say. Its trial and error

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you need a pharmaceutical license to be able to buy high grade ethyl-alcohol here in Sweden. The only thing thats readily available is not pure ethyl alcohol but mixed with a bunch of other things...Are there any alternatives to ethyl alcohol?
EDIT: managed to order all the ingredients needed online. Excited! 1-2ml of the conoction twice a day right? Do you guys ever miss days?

I do, but I have been using it over a decade. So I suspect missing a day here and there is no biggie

yammer1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has Zix affected anyone’s sleep? Been using the past four nights and my sleep has been horrible....... not saying it is Zix, but a strange correlation. Also, are folks using this once or twice a day?

It's likely a zinc to copper ratio imbalance. Do some googling "zinc insomnia" and read up on it.

yammer1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking Zix might just be treating a scalp condition. I'm waiting for my zinc to arrive but have since made an appointment with a dermatologist. My itchy scalp has to be from something other than just "itchy scalp". I'll report back what I'm diagnosed with if anything.

Argloss

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tomorrow will start the treatment. Only left to buy ethyl alcohol. It's better 70% or 96%? Here I can buy either,

Murat312

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi. Do you guys think it's possible to add some caffeine powder to the zix formula? I've read that topical caffeine has minoxidil-like effects

figuringitout90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is any 1 having success other than worm and Mrs s? I just made a batch tonight and put it in my trinov bottle lol sh*t was junk. Just looking to get some hope for this treatment. Going to try it out for Atleast a month. Hoping shedding stops right away. I will update

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm back to my original Zix "brands" (the dutch ones). Turns out that my shedding returned about two weeks after changing brands of Zinc and B6. It's trial and error when it comes to finding the sweet spot. I also believe it's partly shock loss from microneedling. But the weird thing is that even though I'm shedding 200+ hairs in the shower again, my Hair feels thick and healthy? I have new hairs poppin' up everywhere. Even the temples are filling in. Havent had that in a long while.

Still figuring out how to stop the shedding permanently. It has been over 15 months already. Zix played a major role in slowing down the shedding. However, in my case I need something extra to stop it completely.

It's great but I'm not cured yet!

MrsS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Screenshot_20190315-152847~2.png Screenshot_20190322-152605~2.png Screenshot_20190403-082456~2.png IMG_20190403_083048.jpg

It's a bad comparison due to light and different camera's but this shows my progress since January 1. First pic is before Zix, seconden pic Match, last 2 pics are from this morning.

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Worm, thanks for sharing all this information during the years.
Just started Zix with the formula you recommend.
Just one question due to the fact I live in Europe.
I use the same zinc product you do.
But what about the P5p.
I think I am using not the right type. IMG_20190404_204643.jpg IMG_20190404_204711.jpg
Do you recommend a different P5P?

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm back to my original Zix "brands" (the dutch ones). Turns out that my shedding returned about two weeks after changing brands of Zinc and B6. It's trial and error when it comes to finding the sweet spot. I also believe it's partly shock loss from microneedling. But the weird thing is that even though I'm shedding 200+ hairs in the shower again, my Hair feels thick and healthy? I have new hairs poppin' up everywhere. Even the temples are filling in. Havent had that in a long while.

Still figuring out how to stop the shedding permanently. It has been over 15 months already. Zix played a major role in slowing down the shedding. However, in my case I need something extra to stop it completely.

It's great but I'm not cured yet!

Been down that road. That's why i am so hesitant to recommend any brands other than the ones i know have worked for me. definitely a lot of trial and error. And dont mess with a good thing!

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Worm, thanks for sharing all this information during the years.
Just started Zix with the formula you recommend.
Just one question due to the fact I live in Europe.
I use the same zinc product you do.
But what about the P5p.
I think I am using not the right type. View attachment 116440 View attachment 116441
Do you recommend a different P5P?

I only recommend two types - ecological formulas and pure encapsulations. I use ecological formulas. search ebay, i think it's better than amazon in EU. Maybe @MrsS can let you know which ones she uses.