My Transplant Procedure With Dr. Demirsoy 2985 Grafts Armamed

brill007

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been lurking on this forum since mid 2019 originally trying to figure out if there is anything I can do naturally to stop hair loss /re grow hair, but after seeing some hair restoration result I decided that this is something I should really look into.

I'm 32 now with a NR4 pattern heading into NR5-6, started losing hair at the age of 18 on my temples without really thinking too much about it. At 26 I started to develop the horseshoe pattern and also had chunks of hair in my hands when I would get ready for work in the morning trying to style my hair. I started doing research which lead me to finding horror stories of PFS online, I kind of got worried about the sides/ didn't think I would care much about hair loss in general, so I gave up until 31. At this time I took a picture of my midscalp, after seeing how bad it looked along with the hairline under lighting I decided I need to get this sorted ASAP.

I got on finasteride which gave me no sides (first 7 days I had electric balls) which I ended up sticking with for 7 months (and will continue to use). I don't have the time to use minoxidil and don't really see the need to use any other supplements as I have a balanced diet and live a very healthy lifestyle.

Surgeon decision: I did quite a bit of research as to whom I will have the surgery with and after speaking with a few members on this forum and seeing before/after results on the German forums I decided that this doctor was the best decision for the following reasons: Does the extraction, incisions (so majority of the important work), has great feedback (most of the reviews are on the German forums as 50% of his clients are German), all his hairlines look natural, and lastly 1.25 Euros per graft.

I ended up with 2985 grafts (mostly doubles and triples) with reserves for future procedure if I need it. One thing to note that if you have straight hairs like me you will be at an disadvantage because under certain lighting angles you will see some scalp even though there is no signs of hair thinning. The surgery was completely painless. However there is some discomfort, the anesthetic injections and the last 1-1.5 hours of the implanting process when the anesthetics start to wear out. I naturally overthink everything and develop anxiety for needles. Had to stop for 5-10 minutes during anesthetics because I was having an anxiety attack. They give you a xanax but it kicked in 30 minutes later for me.

The doctor, Muzzaffer, and the nurses are very professional and have a great system. If you are thinking about getting a procedure I would strongly advise to just do it as soon as possible because spending 10% of your day thinking about your hairloss for the rest of your life is annoying.

On the side note Turkey has really hot wemon so if you want to have some fun, get there a week or more before your surgery, get on Tinder or just cold approach on the streets to go for a google translate date. I matched and built a vibe with some Russian/English speaking girls on Tinder that were pretty much ready to go on a date, but didn't want to risk ducking up my implanted grafts :(

_NDE9278.JPG
_NDE9282.JPG
2.jpg
paint1.jpg
_NDE9313.JPG
_NDE9312.JPG
_NDE9281.JPG
_NDE9307.JPG
_NDE9280.JPG
20200117_191624.jpg

Last edited:

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good mate! I can see you getting some decent results

Last edited:

brill007

My Regimen
Reaction score
-Day 13. Scabs off on day 9, sleeping normal, went outside a few times, nothing unusual. Can't wait to get back in the gym.
-Recipient and donor still pink and will be for a few months as I'm pretty pasty.
-Donor feels 80%normal, recipient still has almost no feeling

Attachments

• 20200127_121100.jpg
    20200127_121100.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 628

brill007

My Regimen
Reaction score
For documentation purposes: I will be taking/using these for the next 7 months to make sure majority of the transplanted grafts survive.
-1000mcg biotion every second day (every day gives me breakouts)
-collagen peptides - not too important if you are younger and have a balanced diet.
-omega 3 source - mostly from eggs
-finasteride merck proscar 1.25mg every second day forever
-minoxidil mostly to make sure most transplated grafts survival by blood supply and to reduce shock loss on donor.
-other things like no alcohol/smoking which I already don't use.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For documentation purposes: I will be taking/using these for the next 7 months to make sure majority of the transplanted grafts survive.
-1000mcg biotion every second day (every day gives me breakouts)
-collagen peptides - not too important if you are younger and have a balanced diet.
-omega 3 source - mostly from eggs
-finasteride merck proscar 1.25mg every second day forever
-minoxidil mostly to make sure most transplated grafts survival by blood supply and to reduce shock loss on donor.
-other things like no alcohol/smoking which I already don't use.

Hey man,

Great write-up, the work looks good, nice and clean so good luck healing and with progress.

Your list looks very good and spot-on, you could also do microdosing of finasteride to 0.25mg/daily or 0.5mg every other day To lessen any sides.

Hope you keep updating this thread with your progress.

brill007

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man,

Great write-up, the work looks good, nice and clean so good luck healing and with progress.

Your list looks very good and spot-on, you could also do microdosing of finasteride to 0.25mg/daily or 0.5mg every other day To lessen any sides.

Hope you keep updating this thread with your progress.
I will update when I see improvement (in the middle of the shed phase at the moment on day 16). I don't have any sides from finasteride even at 1.25/day, but since it stays in your system for 30 days I decided to take it 1.25mg every second day

Last edited:

brill007

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly at 5 months.

I had an unavoidable injury that happened at work exactly 1 month after the procedure so I did lose some grafts.

Also please note that I have straight fine hair which is naturally see-through, having said that I'm very happy with the result so far

20200216_153434.jpg
20200618_091430.jpg
20200618_091855.jpg
20200618_091900.jpg

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Results are day and night. Def reset your hairloss back 10 years, congrats. Will only get thicker the next 6 months.

frontal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi.

Sad for the injury.

Did your doctor told you that you lost some graft?

By the looks of it, it's not the hair transplant area that was injured.

brill007

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi.

Sad for the injury.

Did your doctor told you that you lost some graft?

By the looks of it, it's not the hair transplant area that was injured.
Hi, unfortunately the injury was in the recipient area. Basically I was told by the doctor if there is blood then the graft most likely dislodged. At the same time I read that after 10 days all the grafts are secure and it's very hard to make them pop out, the injury was exactly 1 month after the surgery. I know that even after 1 month the recipient area is still very sensitive so it could be that I just applied a lot of pressure during the injury that made it bleed (saw only 3 channel openings with signs of blood). Considering the big picture not all implanted grafts are supposed to survive anyways so it's not a very big deal to me, the point of that picture was just to document everything that happened after my surgery.

Last edited:

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks fantastic so far, you should be very pleased with the final result.

My hair type is the same as yours, glad to know this kind of donor is still good enough to achieve a nice result

brill007

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I haven't noticed any insignificant difference between Month 6 and now (month 9). I will post my final update at month 12. I am very satisfied with the current result even with my thin / straight hair :)

brill007

My Regimen
Reaction score
11 month update as I haven't really seen much progress since month 5-6. I tried to take the most non flattering photos possible.
Overall pretty happy with the result and the doctor choice, however I didn't expect the type of hair/direction of hair growth to play such a big role in the final result. I was hoping for more density honestly after seeing other peoples result with 3000 grafts, this just goes to show how many variables you have to consider regardless of donor quality, bolding progression, doctor choice, etc. I will probably get a second transplant of 1500-2000 grafts to get more density in the near future. In the pictures below you can see how fine/straight hair looks under different angles/lightning.

Attachments

• 20201204_163931.jpg
    20201204_163931.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 408
  • 20201219_124302.jpg
    20201219_124302.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 392
  • 20201219_124329.jpg
    20201219_124329.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 408
  • 20201220_123343.jpg
    20201220_123343.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 413
  • 20201220_123636.jpg
    20201220_123636.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 403
  • 20201219_124354.jpg
    20201219_124354.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 405
  • 20201219_124210.jpg
    20201219_124210.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 401

zerafian

Established Member
Reaction score
for just under 3k, covering that much space, I would have definitely expected to go back for another 2k. The harvesting looked top notch man. You can see my thread just under yours and I got just under 2100 and my coverage was WAY less. I wouldnt be upset with the result.

giegnosiganoe

My Regimen
Reaction score
however I didn't expect the type of hair/direction of hair growth to play such a big role in the final result
By this do you mean having fine/straight hair, or is it something about the way the grafts were implanted?

Would you go back to Demirsoy for your next procedure?

Also, could you share a picture of your donor?

brill007

My Regimen
Reaction score
My straight hair :)

I'm planning to use demirsoy again.

Donor looks untouched (#2 into a #4 fade in picture)

Attachments

• 20201221_154337.jpg
    20201221_154337.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 277

brill007

My Regimen
Reaction score
for just under 3k, covering that much space, I would have definitely expected to go back for another 2k. The harvesting looked top notch man. You can see my thread just under yours and I got just under 2100 and my coverage was WAY less. I wouldnt be upset with the result.
Just saw it, can I ask why you chose 2100 and not higher ?