My terrible experience dealing with a FUE clinic in Atlanta

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
CaptSandy said:
I don't understand all the confusion about hair treatments. When I started to go bald they didn't have any of this stuff, at least I don't think they did because I never thought about it. I was 40 and mostly bald the first time I ever heard of Rogain. I'm 60 now and up until a couple of years ago I was skin bald on top and wicked thin on the siges. But I'm not any more:)

A couple of years ago I was watching a baseball ball game and I got to thinking about baldness. That was due in large part to a commercial for Avacor. The same ad ran between every inning. They showed a "Before and After" of the back of some guys head. The picture was on the screen for a second only. Honest. About the sixth time the commercial came on I got up real close to the screen to see what the language was. I am talking about the words I saw in very small print at the bottom of the screen in between the Before and After pictures. Can anyone of you guys think of what it said? Was it something like "Results may vary." Nope. In between the Before and After picture it said, and I quote, "60 Seconds Later."

In my view, that was Avacor's way of avoiding a law suite. Hey, if the difference between the two pictures happened in 60 seconds, then you know it wasn't as the result of hair growth. That add really pissed me off. I was so pissed off I went searching on the computer, and guess what I found.

I found a product that increases blood flow to the scalp naturally. Since I have been using this all natural magnetic roller my hair loss has completely stopped, and I have re-grown so much new hair in the thin areas that every time I get my hair cut now the barber has to use thinning sheers. I don't understand for the life of me why this product isn't on every store shelf in every store in the country. It's call Mag-Gro and the only place I ever saw it was on line.

This product will work absolute wonders for you. Good luck to you. If you decide to use this magnetic roller I bet you will be surprised.

:stfu: :spam:

felixthecat

Reaction score
hey lucky ,
it is indeed your fine furry friend from HLA....

the rest of you guys - how many clinics are there in atlanta ??
its obvious who he's talking about , and if you need him to name names then youre just being deliberately provocative .
you should also look past blaming the author for "not doing his research " , and look at the underlying issues involving his experience with this clinic .
put yourself in his position and think how you'd feel .
and try showing some compassion and support .

jared_24

Established Member
Reaction score
I honestly can not decide if Martinet's story is legitimate or not (I'd say its a 50/50 chance either way...)

The problem is, uneducated, inexperienced and purely **DESPERATE** (no offence to martinet) newbies tend to make impulsive decisions, and it's only in retrospect do they actually learn from their mistakes.

I know first hand that hair transplant clinics can be sleazy, extremely manipulative and use high pressure sales tactics to sell the surgery, which leads me to believe martinet could maybe be genuine.

Although I will probably end up wanting a retraction, I'm going to assume that this is a real scenario and Martinet is a 'legitimate' case.

Should martinets story be true, I think it is absolutely disgusting that the clinic REFUSE to refund his ANY of his money and I think he has every right to be angry. I would definitely take it further and seek legal proceedings against the clinic, IF this is the case.

The clinic has NOT carried out the surgery and have NOT been at any (significant) financial loss.

I'm not saying Martinet should receive a 100% refund. He shouldn't. He made the final decision to have the surgery, and he made the commitment to the clinic. However, if he decided to back out the last minute then he has every right to do so and I believe the clinic should have a legal obligation to give him a refund of at least 80% of what he initially paid. Obviously he needs to incur a penalty for breaching the contract/agreement with the clinic.

Should this go to court, I can not imagine any judge ruling in favor of the clinic to keep 100% of the fee, especially for surgery that was NOT carried out!!! THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT TO DO SO!!!! I don't care what the small print of the agreement states - surely you guys have 'consumer rights' (or equivalent) in the States that overrule some ridiculous agreement made by a clinic - regardless if its signed or not.

martinet

Reaction score
Let me state that I never signed the Surgical Disclosure and Consent forms. All I did was pay for the procedure because payment was due in full prior to the scheduled surgery date. It was only after I paid for the surgery in full that the clinic sent me the Surgical Disclosure and Consent forms. The clinic sent me these forms after the cancellation deadline to receive a full refund.

When I asked the clinic what punch size they will be using to extract my donor hair, they refused to tell me. The answer I received was that I can have the doctor use whatever punch size I want; however, then they are not responsible for the surgery. I consulted with my dermatologist about this issue and he told me that I don't have to sign the Surgical Disclosure and Consent forms until the clinic answers all of my questions. My dermatologist is also a cosmetic surgeon.

I was not being given informed consent and the risks were never fully disclosed to me.

I had a plausible argument to cancel the surgery and receive back my money.

I would not have experienced such a tumultuous series of events at an ethical clinic.

topcat611

Reaction score
The poster is not a paid shill or basher. He relied on information he thought was reliable. Unfortunately a high percentage of prospective patients do not realize some of the boards are moderated in favor of the paid sponsors. Negative posts are deleted on a routine basis.

I am familiar with his case, and I hope he eventually gets his money back. There is no need for him to post pics, because he did not have any work done. There is no need to post the name of the clinic, any person with average intelligence can figure it out. The poster is just trying to inform others. What is the purpose of name calling?

http://hairtransplantrepair.blogspot.com/

jared_24

Established Member
Reaction score
topcat611 said:
The poster is not a paid shill or basher. He relied on information he thought was reliable. Unfortunately a high percentage of prospective patients do not realize some of the boards are moderated in favor of the paid sponsors. Negative posts are deleted on a routine basis.

I am familiar with his case, and I hope he eventually gets his money back. There is no need for him to post pics, because he did not have any work done. There is no need to post the name of the clinic, any person with average intelligence can figure it out. The poster is just trying to inform others. What is the purpose of name calling?

Hmmm - very dodgy!! :shakehead:

After reading this post and looking at the suspicious poster stats, I'm starting to side with LookingGood! now.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
topcat611 said:

you're obviously an idiot. Why does he post this and hijack this thread? You have no credibility with all of 1 post. Let me spell it out for you: T R O L L I N G!

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
felixthecat said:
hey lucky ,
it is indeed your fine furry friend from HLA....

the rest of you guys - how many clinics are there in atlanta ??
its obvious who he's talking about , and if you need him to name names then youre just being deliberately provocative .
you should also look past blaming the author for "not doing his research " , and look at the underlying issues involving his experience with this clinic .
put yourself in his position and think how you'd feel .
and try showing some compassion and support .

HLA should have known better than to have someone like Baloonman post on their site. Common knowledge.

felixthecat

Reaction score
you sound more like the idiot to me lookinggood - not interested in the issue being discussed , only interested in shills and trolls .
very intelligent .
and whats balloonman got to do with it ?
at least he has something of value to say ....

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If I have to explain to you what baloonman is all about at this point then you sir are the uninformed to say the least.

The bottom line is this original poster is a shill and if he is not he is certainly doing a good job looking like one. There is no reason to discuss this since it is clouded in suspicion. There is no room for these threads. Someone has to speak up about it.

martinet

Reaction score
you are wrong.

my blog will be up soon. this clinic stole $10,560 from me.

i will post copies of all correspondences with this clinic - excluding individual names, except for the clinic's name and domain name, which is on the invoice and all email correspondences.

there are no ethics of honesty and integrity practiced at this clinic.

this clinic did not give me informed consent.