My Story And Solution That Has Truly Worked.

Ashleymarie20009

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a 27 year old female who began experiencing sudden and dramatic hair loss in September of 2015. This hair loss was accompanied with a burning sensation that made small things like washing my hair very uncomfortable (I was told this was Burning Scalp Syndrome). Washing my hair became a daunting task, not only because of the pain, but because of all the hair that would come out. Once my hair dried, another round of shedding would occur. I went to numerous doctors - dermatologists (at least 4 different ones), a neurologist, my primary care physician, gynecologist, and a trichologist. I was told it was stress/anxiety at first, and went to a psychologist as well as began acupuncture biweekly. That didn't help. Then I was told, maybe it is just early onset of female pattern hair loss. Finally, my dermatologist told me she had just gone to a conference and learned about a new treatment - Platelet Rich Plasma, or PRP. This is a treatment used in many different areas of medicine but recently started being used in the scalp to treat hair loss. The idea is that the platelet rich plasma in your own blood has growth factors that stimulate hair growth. I began this treatment because I had nothing to lose (except a couple thousand dollars). I started treatment in March of 2017, which consisted of PRP injections once per month for 4 months, then maintenance treatments every 4 to 6 months. It is now December and I can truly say this has worked SO WELL. First of all, I experience far less pain than I did before. Second of all, I have so much new hair growth! It is incredible- my hair is almost back to the way it was before the loss began. Thirdly, I don't lose as much in the shower or throughout the day - probably only 1/3 of what I was losing. I highly recommend consulting your dermatologist about PRP. If they don't perform it, you may need to travel to a city that does (I am in Washington, D.C.)

Good luck and feel free to reach out with questions
Thanks,
Ashley

Roxxy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, Ashleymarie20009, for letting us know what's worked for you. That's great! I hope it has continued.

I'm in the DC area. Would you mind sharing the name of your dermatologist?

Thanks so much!

Hello everyone,

I am a 27 year old female who began experiencing sudden and dramatic hair loss in September of 2015. This hair loss was accompanied with a burning sensation that made small things like washing my hair very uncomfortable (I was told this was Burning Scalp Syndrome). Washing my hair became a daunting task, not only because of the pain, but because of all the hair that would come out. Once my hair dried, another round of shedding would occur. I went to numerous doctors - dermatologists (at least 4 different ones), a neurologist, my primary care physician, gynecologist, and a trichologist. I was told it was stress/anxiety at first, and went to a psychologist as well as began acupuncture biweekly. That didn't help. Then I was told, maybe it is just early onset of female pattern hair loss. Finally, my dermatologist told me she had just gone to a conference and learned about a new treatment - Platelet Rich Plasma, or PRP. This is a treatment used in many different areas of medicine but recently started being used in the scalp to treat hair loss. The idea is that the platelet rich plasma in your own blood has growth factors that stimulate hair growth. I began this treatment because I had nothing to lose (except a couple thousand dollars). I started treatment in March of 2017, which consisted of PRP injections once per month for 4 months, then maintenance treatments every 4 to 6 months. It is now December and I can truly say this has worked SO WELL. First of all, I experience far less pain than I did before. Second of all, I have so much new hair growth! It is incredible- my hair is almost back to the way it was before the loss began. Thirdly, I don't lose as much in the shower or throughout the day - probably only 1/3 of what I was losing. I highly recommend consulting your dermatologist about PRP. If they don't perform it, you may need to travel to a city that does (I am in Washington, D.C.)

Good luck and feel free to reach out with questions
Thanks,
Ashley