My Story (23M)

Pencol

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am here to ask for help and to share a bit of my story.
I never had a lot of hair but after 21 yo my hair started to get thinner and started to shed a bit.
At 22 yo i started using a shampoo called Alpecin that suppose to help, didn't saw much difference (still using it).
At around 3 months ago i started shedding dramatically and it became very obvious that i needed something to stop it .
Some background, my dad is pretty bald, so i guess its genetic.
I went a few weeks ago at the dermatologist and he gave me Finasteride pills. Even that he didn't even mention the side effects, after searching on the internet and reading the pamphlet i understood that it can make serious permanent damage, i am still hesitant if to even start to take it.

I tried to use minoxidil but it made my head skin really irritated and because you cant really touch it after, it makes it looks like its wet and it only highlights the lack of hair.

Some images:
20151220_163714.jpg20160213_194427.jpg

Any ideas what i can do?

johnson222

Reaction score
Yeah male pattern baldness man that sucks.. Anyway from my experience I'm taking 2 and a half weeks prophecies and only had a balls ache for the first two weeks but lately it reduced and even stopped so no sides here.. Look If I was you I was try finasteride and least before judging the treatment and also Munoz and noziral and basically anything that can help to your situation finasteride is basic and with out it or dutasteride you will probably get bald, so my advice here is to try and if u get side effects stop it good luck man.

Pencol

Reaction score
Yeah male pattern baldness man that sucks.. Anyway from my experience I'm taking 2 and a half weeks prophecies and only had a balls ache for the first two weeks but lately it reduced and even stopped so no sides here.. Look If I was you I was try finasteride and least before judging the treatment and also Munoz and noziral and basically anything that can help to your situation finasteride is basic and with out it or dutasteride you will probably get bald, so my advice here is to try and if u get side effects stop it good luck man.

Thanks, i was ready to try it, was like, okay.. if i get side effects after 1-2 weeks i stop, but then i read things like people that used it 1 week and got permanent stuff it freaked me out. i dont know :(, Its known to me that only people that have problems are the ones that really get into the internet and write about it... and the poeple that doesnt dont really care.. but yes... i am loosing hair and fast

jk1okay

Reaction score
I'd get on finasteride, try a small dosage like .25-.5mg for a few weeks then work your way up. Get on MNX asap. You have time to save your hair.

Pencol

Reaction score
I'd get on finasteride, try a small dosage like .25-.5mg for a few weeks then work your way up. Get on MNX asap. You have time to save your hair.
Thanks for the answer, like i said, i tried minoxidil, and had some issues, i will try it again, i might have used it wrong or something. also i tried it only once, so i panicked a bit.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You may want to try the foam minoxidil as many report it is less irritating to the scalp. The generic foam in many stores is made by perrigo in Israel so I'd imagine you would have easy access to it?

Pencol

Reaction score
Its so sad the insecurity that loosing some hair brings, this society... something for sure is wrong. I will look for the foam and try the spray one again...Thanks for the answer adovedagame, i really appreciate it.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Funny. My Doctor didn't explain any sides to me either. Told him I want something for male pattern baldness, he said sure he's finasteride. And I was out the door

Pencol

Reaction score
Funny. My Doctor didn't explain any sides to me either. Told him I want something for male pattern baldness, he said sure he's finasteride. And I was out the door

Yeah, well, reading all the issues it can do, it is surprising.

I think i will start with it. really scared... i wish i haven't even made the research haha
Any tips? like what can happen and when to know its time to stop (hope it never arrives)

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Most doctors don't tell patient side effects because if they did most patients would never take the medications. They just say come back if you have any problems with the medication or call us if you do. They figure you should be smart enough to read the side effects when you pick up your medication from the pharmacy which will list the side effects in the paperwork.

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
I think its funny how people put way worse **** into there bodies, but a terrified of finasteride.

Pencol

Reaction score
I think its funny how people put way worse **** into there bodies, but a terrified of finasteride.
Well, i am one of that weird people that doesn't smoke, or take drugs... but i understand, and i agree with what you said :whistle:

RobDumi

Reaction score
Hi

I feel for you mate. If the side effects are too dangerous... Nothing is worth your health.

Pencol

Reaction score
Well, really small update, started taking finasteride, 1 pill a day, been only 2 days so nothing special...
Of course knowing the problems it might give i take a lot more attencion checking them, so not sure if there is a difference.
The only thing is, the pill is strong... Its like, a few minutes after taking it i kind of fell it, hard to explain.

Pencol

Reaction score
Well, as it makes changes on the testis, i guess i feel them more... No pain... More like preassure and heat

Pencol

Reaction score
Well, as it makes changes on the testis, i guess i feel them more... No pain... More like preassure and heat

Little update, I am still shedding like crazy, missing lot of hair on the front sides.

Been on finasteride 1mg for 8 days, no side effects.
Of course is still early, got a few months ahead, just wanted to share. Hope this works!

2ant2

Reaction score
Hey man, that sucks about the male pattern baldness. Mine is similar to yours, not quite as far along though. I'm 22, and have been on finasteride for exactly 4 months now. No side effects whatsoever, and I only had a minor shed, which has stopped. Optimistically, I'm starting to see some new hairs in my temple areas (they only slightly receded), and overall I'd say my hair is looking healthier! I'd definitely recommend finasteride to people, but I wouldn't blame them if they proceeded with caution due to the supposed side effects.

The worst part is not knowing if what you're doing is working :(