My second hair transplant surgery. Where to go? Which doctor to choose?

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
giphy.gif

If you don't have anything constructive to say, say nothing at all. Much better that way, for the both of us.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
I am contemplating not to have another hair transplant, for now...

I am contemplating not to have another hair transplant, this year at least. If I grow my hair out long enough, I can still get away with appearing to have a full (but thinning) head of hair. Also, my financial situation is a fickle girl.
I am considering to switch up from Finasteride to Dutasteride. Any recommendations on where I can get a hold of this online? I don't want to use a toupee or hair fiber, or anything like that, but instead use some volumizer, to see if that will work at all. I know that I have enough quality body hair to fill even a Norwood 5-6 (possibly even 7) in. The best thing would be to mix the body hair with the scalp hair. Contacting Dr. Sunasi Umar perchance, somewhere down the road. I might actually postpone my next hair transplant repair for another 1-3 years, depending on how much hair I lose from now on and out. Hopefully my hair will look at least decent after growing it out to a certain length. This is going to be hard, but I don't want to make another mistake by exhausting my donor supply yet again, and only for a small region of my scalp.

What do you guys think about this? Does it sound reasonable, or ought I get it fixed now?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't read it all but seems you had a poor transplant at the front? I would for sure repair this if the grafts were angled incorrectly. Can't they re implant and repair the front without taking any more hairs from the donor area? Or at least take a minimal amount.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't read it all but seems you had a poor transplant at the front? I would for sure repair this if the grafts were angled incorrectly. Can't they re implant and repair the front without taking any more hairs from the donor area? Or at least take a minimal amount.
Yes, they can. Although I am having some financial troubles too. The grafts were angled incorrectly and hairline placed too far down. I think if I grow my hair out long enough, it might look aesthetically acceptable. Also switching to Dutasteride might help the thinning hairs on my scalp, if I'm lucky. I'm in a real pickle, and it's all my fault. I've really done goofed :/ The hair on top of my head when wet, looks quite thin, but when dry and styled a certain way, it can actually look fairly decent. Waiting another one or two years will be difficult, but it will also give me some time to resonate and to make sure I do the right thing next time around. What I did was utterly stupid, and now I must repent for it.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, they can. Although I am having some financial troubles too. The grafts were angled incorrectly and hairline placed too far down. I think if I grow my hair out long enough, it might look aesthetically acceptable. Also switching to Dutasteride might help the thinning hairs on my scalp, if I'm lucky. I'm in a real pickle, and it's all my fault. I've really done goofed :/ The hair on top of my head when wet, looks quite thin, but when dry and styled a certain way, it can actually look fairly decent. Waiting another one or two years will be difficult, but it will also give me some time to resonate and to make sure I do the right thing next time around. What I did was utterly stupid, and now I must repent for it.

You've learned a harsh lesson but all is not lost. You can still have a fullish head of hair it seems. Choosing a surgeon that is on the approved coalition list, was a first good move by you. I know you can grow it long and cover it, but you shouldn't have to do this for the rest of your life. Repairing that botch job should the top of your list followed by maintaining the rest of your hair. Start saving up or something and find the cheapest surgeon abroad that's on the approved list. Look at before and after pictures of their previous patients too.

You need to think how much future loss you will get although it can be difficult to predict at a young age, how many grafts do you have in total available (usually 6 to 8k on average). Dutasteride is stronger and regrows a little more than finasteride. Worth a shot, Minoxidil is the best for regrowth. If you're losing ground on finasteride, get on dutasteride.

Make a long term plan with a good surgeon. I don't think they will fill your crown if it's thinning until you lose ground in the middle area, otherwise the transplant may look weird later in life. It's always front to back in terms of graft. This way if you are left with a thinning crown it looks natural rather than a thick front and crown and sparse middle.

Good luck.

TheMirrorOfDreams

Established Member
Reaction score
I have now canceled my hair restoration surgery with Dr. Feriduni in Belgium. My financial situation was never that good, and I had to resort to taking up a loan, which I now regret, hence I canceled it.
I will try and grow my hair out, it should look decent enough. I'll post some pictures when it has gained some length.