My Search Begins-looking Into Fue-top Five Surgeons? | HairLossTalk Forums

My Search Begins-looking Into Fue-top Five Surgeons?

Discussion in 'Hair Transplant & Doctors | USA & North America' started by Trichosan, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Trichosan

Trichosan Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I thought I'd pose the question here since I'm in the US but I'm willing to travel anywhere. And so I'll begin my search and interviews regarding the procedure. N5 medium density, average to fine hair. Please give me some recommendations if you have been a patient and are not a paid representative of the Dr. Travel and costs are not a limitation.

2. JeanLucBB

JeanLucBB Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Freitas, Konior and Couto all have a waiting list over a year so I won't include them.

Otherwise:

******** - Belgium
    Feriduni - Belgium
    Lupanzula - Belgium
    Erdogan - Istanbul
    Lorenzo - Spain

For NW5 the only real options for FUE are Lorenzo and Erdogan as they are the most skilled at large FUE megassessions, donor management and coverage.

#2 JeanLucBB, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  3. Trichosan

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks@JeanLucBB. Some on the list I had not heard of casually checking the transplant threads. Is there any disadvantage to doing one large session as opposed to several smaller ones, that is does it compromise graft health with such a large healing area?

4. JeanLucBB

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The only genuine issues I see with large megassessions (performed by doctors with rigorous donor management and coverage systems + manual punch for the case of FUE doctors) are extreme dense packing decreasing the yield of haircount and an extremely minute chance of necrosis, likely in the range of 1/3000. There is a tendency of this occurring (and I saw it recently on another forum and its horrific) with top-docs however as they are the ones doing massive megassesions with heavy dense packing.

Some suggest that its safer to opt for two surgeries as with in the 5000 graft range for FUE the patient will have used up the vast majority of their available donor grafts in one go, however even if you do two smaller sessions focusing first on the front and then another the rest of the area there is still a chance of the first failing or yielding poorly and being left in a position without the donor to meet your goals. The more you put yourself in the chair, the more you open yourself up to risks like infection and necrosis or an unnatural looking or failed result requiring repair work.

In my case I have redness in the recipient lasting over 4 months so this is another issue, dealing with the post-op life for the first 6 months can be a struggle and planning for multiple surgeries means you'll spend years in the surgery cycle, also dealing with healing times, travel expenses and time away from work.

FUE megassesion surgeons like Erdogan and Lorenzo have some of the most widely available results including those posted by patients and are just as consistent in achieving high yields and aesthetically impressive results if not more consistent than any of the doctors that are opting for smaller FUE sessions or rejecting FUE for high norwoods entirely. Ultimately every surgery comes with risks no matter the size, I tend to think that there are top end doctors with proven track records justifying a large one and done approach rather than several smaller ones.

#4 JeanLucBB, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    RegenWaiting likes this.
  5. michel sapin

michel sapin Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    hey @JeanLucBB ; do you know if the doctor ******** perform miniaturisation test with a microscope to know the density of all scalp area ? and the pourcentage of miniaturization? thanks

6. JeanLucBB

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Ask @Swoop, he's the new rep for BHR clinic.

7. Trichosan

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Based on the recommendations, it seems the best of the best are overseas, Spain, Turkey, Belgium. I can take off as much time as I need, but what would you estimate the healing time to be for a bad sunburn look as opposed to fresh zombie attack (don't want to shock people at the airport)? I can take 2 months off work, how do things usually look by then?

8. JeanLucBB

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Around 10 days it should look clean and scab free, although you can easily travel home the day after surgery if you changed your mind about the airport issue. After two months most light skinned Caucasians still have a mildly red look and for the vast majority no growth. Nothing particularly unsightly though.

Trichosan likes this.
  9. Trichosan

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    A primary factor in deciding on a surgeon is the number of cases he has done, not secondary to artistic skill but it assures one that he has cycled through most of the mistakes in technique and diagnosis that are inevitable in medical science. I'll take the doctor with thousands not hundreds of procedures.

10. topcat

topcat Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Trichosan if you are going to stay in the US then hands down no one has more experience then Dr. Cole. Europe is a different story. Over the years I found him and this is just by what I have seen online not to be personable and a bit abrasive. But I don't know him personally so I don't know the whole story. What I do know regardless of that opinion is I do not believe anyone in the US can even come close to his experience and skill which goes back decades while all the strip doctors bashed FUE. If you look at his numbers they seem to be very ethical staying within the limitations of the procedure long term.

Many of the marketers will tout the doctors that have been around the longest as old and incompetent and for some that is true. They will push the young bucks as being the trend and where prospective patients should be going. This is simply marketing as the Masters in the field have dismissed them and the young bucks are looking for someone to latch on to. Logic would tell you this type of surgery takes years and years to master. No different then a great artist or musician. Yes I wish it were different but it's not.

Go back to early 2000 who was actually trying to advance the procedure and why? You see my 100 dislikes..............it's there for a reason.................why?

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=20691

#10 topcat, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  11. Dench57

Dench57 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    topcat is a paid shill for Dr. Cole so please disregard his recommendations. this isn't 1998, nobody regards Cole as top tier anymore.

these are the names you will always see when discussing top tier surgeons:

Feriduni
    Lupanzula
    Couto
    Erdogan
    Lorenzo
    Rahal
    Konior

12. topcat

topcat Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Actually he didn't fill my requirements otherwise I would have started a repair long ago. But I do have a moral obligation to be truthful.

All the history is out there and it can't be erased so it would make sense to move toward truth going forward. What you are doing doesn't work any more..............doesn't matter who owns this forum or what group it looks bad. You either see it or you don't and you are creating your own history. What will you do when it's pointed out?

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=20691

13. Trichosan

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I appreciate everyone's input. I've begun to check on all the Drs. and I look forward to hearing more of peoples personal experiences and backdoor knowledge on the procedure and practioners. Please keep the info coming-both good and bad. This is the kind of decision one must make correctly the first time.

14. shookwun

shookwun Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Fut mega session are practical. H&w are insane when it comes to doing 4-5k. However most will it stick to 2-3.5k

Fue not so much.

Max i would do is 3500 in one given session. No ethical euro or American doctor will do more then this typixally. There are exceptions however.

ICUman likes this.
  15. davesmith420

davesmith420 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Who is considered the best in the US/Canada? I'm planning on getting a dense pack if I ever reach NW2+

ICUman likes this.
  16. DoctorHouse

DoctorHouse Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    We might actually have a cure before that happens.:D Konior is one of the best in the US. I think Arocha does good work too. That video of his work with a diffuse thinner was incredible.

davesmith420 and JeanLucBB like this.
  17. JeanLucBB

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I second Konior for hairline work, but his waiting list is over 12 months so make sure to book way in advance.

davesmith420 likes this.
  18. DoctorHouse

Dislikes Received:
    JeanLucBB likes this.
  19. Trichosan

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Konior and Arocha. I could book a trip in Sept. or Oct. for consultation but many offer online video consults. Is it better to do an inperson or online equally good?

#19 Trichosan, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  20. DoctorHouse

Dislikes Received:
    I think it's better to go in person. They can feel your hair bulk and feel it's texture. My hair looks worse in person than in photos. However, I think if you can't travel in person, then I think Skype might work too.