my sad situation

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
dudemon said:
TBH, I have been so out of weight lifting these last couple of years. I Have been so overy exremely pre-occupied with school, and I have been through the ringer with a myriad of pesky health problems and illnesses (ie - ear infections, pulled muscles .. and now just this week - swollen lymph nodes). I have lost 10 lbs too in the last 7 days.

Before I got a torn ACL in my shoulder, and all the other *issues*:
(in lbs)
Flat barbell bench - 5 sets 10 x 275 (max 325)
Squats - 5 sets 10 X 275 (max 345)

Now: (If I even make to the gym at all :mrgreen: )
Flat barbell bench - 5 sets 10 x 135
Squats - 5 sets 10 x 135
(And I have been lifting weights since about 1979 ... LOL) :mrgreen:

How about you?

I apologize dudemon, clearly you are a mean mofo with a boatload of muscle :punk:
Are you sure your 1 rep maxes are correct? If you can bench squat 275 for 10 reps, you are super strong. You should capitalize on that..wear some nice clothes/suites that hint of the strong mofo you are (see how nice Schwarzeggars suits are). And yeah, you may have to lose 20lbs of fat to show neck muscles etc; but it should not be a problem for ya. Make the scars work for you.

I have been genetically gifted to be a weakass it seems. My best lifts were
Bench Press: 175x5
Squats: 220x5
^^And I had to struggle to get there..it took me years to bench press 135.
Been out of training for a couple of years due to moving and what not, getting back into it.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
barcafan said:
ghg said:
^ Hehe, my eyebrows are very thin too, and they thin out even more in the outer third. Dunno if that's a common trait amongst baldies? :dunno: I'm glad I haven't got eyebrows as white and thin as my mother though, hers are practically inexistant.

you're very likely hypothyroid, good idea to get it checked out thoroughally. Common complaint is thinning outer third of eyebrows.

I have thought my thyroid is on the fritz too..In addition to thin eyebrows (they have been thin throughout my life I think), I have also suffered from chronic fatigue since I was about 14-15 (when I started losing my hair). I have to sleep 9-10 hrs a day to function properly in the long term. There have been times I have slept for 17hrs straight. Had my TSH levels checked a while back..they said it was normal..maybe I should get it checked again.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
ghg said:
Thanks for the compliments, CaptainForehead. Too bad I'm only 5'7", I think I would look ridiculous if I'd get seriously ripped.

You'd look even better; but seriously due, you may not realise it, but your face is quite aesthetic and symmetrical = women will want to have babies with you.
Regd height, wear some Doctor martin type shoes, and fix your posture and you will appear to be 5'9". Posture adds 1 inch. People always assume I'm 1 inch or more taller than I am. To fix your posture, think of what superman's posture would be like.. and carry yourself like that. A bit silly but it works. I am also under 6 feet so I had to fix posture.

With your facial structure baldness is not much of an issue for you..dont know what you are complaining about. But then, I'm NW6, so NW2-3s whinings appear ridiculous to me.

If I'm NW2-3 then I was born one. My hairline hasn't moved even one bit, I'm a diffuse thinner and pretty f*****g bald on top.

slipy

Reaction score
damn, im not even 130 lbs at this point. im 125 lbs .

Do you know that movie the Machinist with Christian Bale in which he portrays that emaciated man? He had to starve himself eating only one apple a day to become that thin but i'm naturally like that despite eating like a normal person. At least his charachter had good hair. Me? i don't even have that.

Normal people don't realize it's possible to eat and still be that sickly thin, much like many don't know that it's possible to bald in your teens and early 20's.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
slipy said:
Normal people don't realize it's possible to eat and still be that sickly thin, much like many don't know that it's possible to bald in your teens and early 20's.

^ public misconception runs rampant, noted. :hump:

Hoppi

Reaction score
I know I always say this stuff buuuut... your health is otherwise ok? Because if not perhaps there's a digestive issue or thyroid issue or something else underpinning the problems you're having?

Just something I wanted to throw out there :)

EDIT (read some more stuff) - colon dysfunction eh? I would say that's possibly playing a larger part than you realize, but only possibly, I can't say for sure ofc :)

slipy

Reaction score
i think those are two separate things because i've been emaciated for at least 10 years but the bowel problem started only 4 years ago. i've been diagnosed with ibs constipation predominant which i manage with apples and fiber suplements there's no cure for this thing most likely i'll have it for the rest of my life. But doctors have never paid much attention to my weight.

Hoppi

Reaction score
slipy said:
i think those are two separate things because i've been emaciated for at least 10 years but the bowel problem started only 4 years ago. i've been diagnosed with ibs constipation predominant which i manage with apples and fiber suplements there's no cure for this thing most likely i'll have it for the rest of my life. But doctors have never paid much attention to my weight.

Well, in my opinion there's quite likely no cure for "IBS constipation predominant" but that's because that only describes the symptoms and not the cause. What if there's an underlying cause that can be cured?

Oh, also do you have any energy issues like too high or too low, etc? The thyroid seems to also have an amazing role in lots of stuff. I didn't believe it was as important as digestion at first but I was chatting to this girl recently who was like, dangerously overweight despite a normal diet aaaand guess what? She had an underactive thyroid! So my advice to her wasn't to take malic acid or choline or go jogging or something but to kick more life into her thyroid and she would lose weight naturally! The body is incredible! :)

waldo

Reaction score
without reading the entire thread, heres something directed at the OP and everyone else who is pretty much drowning in self-pity:

you can change ALOT of things. you can change being skinny and underweight by going to the gym and eating even more. if you enjoy the luxury of being ultra-ectomorph THE BETTER. you will look aesthetic even when bulking with 3k calories a day.

balding? there is meds and supplements to slow down, halt, or even reverse it to some degree. and if none of that works, hairpieces are an option most people dont seem to even consider.

seriously guys, man up a little. be happy you have 4 limbs, a loving family and a roof above your head. im sure there is plenty of nw1's who have it ALOT worse than all of us, and would gladly trade bodies.

have a nice day

Obsidian

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
slipy said:

^ public misconception runs rampant, noted. :hump:

So does personal. :whistle:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
^ That's good. I find discontent comes from comparing yourself to the top 1% of the best looking people alive.... but this is something that our society is guilty of encouraging, making the ideal the standard to "live up" to. So most people are setting themselves up for disappointment by subscribing to that narrow standard. But if you can recognize all the different kinds of people walking around out there in the real world then that disappointment quickly turns to encouragement as one realizes that most people are "ugly" when compared to that standard so our own physical imperfections ultimately get lost in the crowd.

barcafan

Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
barcafan said:
ghg said:
^ Hehe, my eyebrows are very thin too, and they thin out even more in the outer third. Dunno if that's a common trait amongst baldies? :dunno: I'm glad I haven't got eyebrows as white and thin as my mother though, hers are practically inexistant.

you're very likely hypothyroid, good idea to get it checked out thoroughally. Common complaint is thinning outer third of eyebrows.

I have thought my thyroid is on the fritz too..In addition to thin eyebrows (they have been thin throughout my life I think), I have also suffered from chronic fatigue since I was about 14-15 (when I started losing my hair). I have to sleep 9-10 hrs a day to function properly in the long term. There have been times I have slept for 17hrs straight. Had my TSH levels checked a while back..they said it was normal..maybe I should get it checked again.

Yea you're gonna need a full workup for that, free t3, reverse t3, free t4, thyroid antibodies, along with cortisol. Chronic fatigue aint no joke

gunmaster

Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
dudemon said:
I have the opposite problem, I am 20-25 lbs over weight for my age and height. (I weight about 245 lbs, and I'm 5'11' BTW)

I'd say you were 65-70 lbs overweight. Sorry.
(I am also trying to lose weight)

Fat + Bald = disaster.

My next door neighbor but then again he has two sons that are20. Always bitching about live granted he's divorce. He doesn't work and trys to pick up chicks.

gunmaster

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
I know I always say this stuff buuuut... your health is otherwise ok? Because if not perhaps there's a digestive issue or thyroid issue or something else underpinning the problems you're having?

Just something I wanted to throw out there :)

EDIT (read some more stuff) - colon dysfunction eh? I would say that's possibly playing a larger part than you realize, but only possibly, I can't say for sure ofc :)

Blah I was in a car accident and all I do is complain about all my pain and muscle problems and the lack of sleep to drs. All I get is bs ur bipolar and need anti depressant s. And talking to a shrink with help with the pain. I told them there full of sh*t,