my sad situation

slipy

Reaction score
imagine yourself in my place....im 23 year old guy and since early teens i've been very skinny and underweight. im of average height and i've never weighed more than 130 lbs despite the fact that i eat like a horse.
Being this thin is very bad both in terms of attractivenes and being able to defend yourself. shave your head and go to the gym isn't even an option for me. also i have health issues unrelated to my weight (colonic inertia)

And as if that alone wouldn't be bad enough i also started balding 2 years ago.
how is this possible? bald + underweight. It's sick. How can one person be this unfortunate? i really don't know how can i live when i'm this fucked up. should i end it all? i don't see a way out.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try balding, having a speech impediment and missing a finger for bad genes...

slipy

Reaction score
i dunno man, i still think my situation is worse.

balding + underweight + partly disfigured rib cage + colon dsyfunction :dunno: too much for one person

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i can outwin both of yous with my list of fucked up things, but its not a competition.

i used to be 143lbs (5'10) my entire life! i have a picture when i was 18yo before doing a bonjy jump, they took our weights and wrote it on our hands, i was exactly the same for fing 10 years now....
3 months ago i subed the local gym and bought gainer (!!!!!).... in 3 months i gained 5 kilos which is 11 pounds !! and still bulking up ! (i set a goal of 165 pounds, but i think ill stop at least at 170!!)

dude take control over the things you can fix! (and you can work your way up on the scale! IF I CAN DO IT EVERYONE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!)

dont be lazy and go at it!

as for your bald/ing head... i've yet to crack thisone lol, but shaving and tan proves to be a good option for now, im afraid that summer ill have to bring the big boyz ie store the electric shaver and use the razor lol... should be hilarious ! :D

(ps ghg, you look good dude, stop worrying about your hairloss {or lack that is} you have that rough Broke Lesnar look... his wife btw, is fing hot!!)

GeminiX

Reaction score
Are we really having a contest to see who has it worse? :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
slipy said:
imagine yourself in my place....im 23 year old guy and since early teens i've been very skinny and underweight. im of average height and i've never weighed more than 130 lbs despite the fact that i eat like a horse.
Being this thin is very bad both in terms of attractivenes and being able to defend yourself. shave your head and go to the gym isn't even an option for me. also i have health issues unrelated to my weight (colonic inertia)

how is this possible? bald + underweight. It's sick. How can one person be this unfortunate? i really don't know how can i live when i'm this f***ed up. should i end it all? i don't see a way out.

Yeah look at this poor muth3rfukk3r he's having to contend with almost NW3!!
[attachment=0:n8x1n6sc]JN0011SUINGA.jpg[/attachment:n8x1n6sc]

Attachments

• JN0011SUINGA.jpg
    JN0011SUINGA.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 243

m.gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
I used to be skinny... I was working out and i wernt getting any bigger. A good freind recommended me an excellent weight gainer. USN muscle fuel mass.

3 months later my confidence shot up. It changed me for the better. I put on about 3 stones and i looked very good. So if your serious about bulking up id say muscle fuel mass all the way!

sergiotahini

Established Member
Reaction score
You didn't mention if you belong to a gym, but if you're naturally skinny and have trouble gaining muscle you have to use a different exercise routine than the average person. For example, you would think about stopping all cardio, eating even more, and lifting weights for just 30-45 minutes two or maybe three times per week (focusing on compound exercises like squats, deadlifts, etc., rather than exercises that isolate smaller muscles like lateral raises for instance).

If you're really concerned about gaining muscle register with a bodybuilding forum and ask for advice on an exercise regimen (or maybe even ask peapoddy here; that guy is a beast).

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
dudemon said:
I have the opposite problem, I am 20-25 lbs over weight for my age and height. (I weight about 245 lbs, and I'm 5'11' BTW)

I'd say you were 65-70 lbs overweight. Sorry.
(I am also trying to lose weight)

Fat + Bald = disaster.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
slipy said:

how is this possible? bald + underweight. It's sick. How can one person be this unfortunate? i really don't know how can i live when i'm this f***ed up. should i end it all? i don't see a way out.

slipy, read Mark Rippetoe's book on training.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm skinny as foock aswell but luckily I've managed to gain some muscle so it doesn't look that bad anymore. My body fat % was ~8% in April.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Other then the bald part everything i fixable, too bad you got hooked on that.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
dudemon said:
Yeah but its mostly muscle not fat. I'd say about 20 lbs fat, 40lbs muscle.

Still (for me):
Fat + Bald + hair transplants with low density + old tired looking face w/ dark circles around eyes + big crooked nose + scars on face and head = horrible disaster :mrgreen:

What are your lifting stats dudemon? if you are mostly muscle, then you should be lookin good :punk: Have you had your bodyfat tested?

For me, its
Fat(ish) + Bald + super thin eyebrows(feminine) + girly voice + large dark patches on head due to autoimmune disorder + unaesthetic face shape :mrgreen:

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
^ Hehe, my eyebrows are very thin too, and they thin out even more in the outer third. Dunno if that's a common trait amongst baldies? :dunno: I'm glad I haven't got eyebrows as white and thin as my mother though, hers are practically inexistant.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
ghg, if thats you in your avatar, you look like a badass, muscly guy. Methinks you have good potential to put on serious muscle (your thick muscled neck indicates this). Your profile pic comes off as a someone from a military commando unit. Very symmetrical face too (girls like this; I have an unsymmetrical face). Congrats.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments, CaptainForehead. Too bad I'm only 5'7", I think I would look ridiculous if I'd get seriously ripped.

Jeremy K

Reaction score
I can empathize. I'm 28 now, but weigh 123 lbs at the moment and am 6 ft. tall, the most I've ever weighed in my life is 130, and that was in my early 20's when I ate fatty foods. I started losing my hair around the time that I was 19, but it didn't become noticeable until I turned 22, and got "bad" by 25. When I say "bad", I was never worse than a Norwood 2.5 with diffuse thinning up top, but without any action, it was going to get worse in a hurry!

Fortunately, I found a solution for my own personal case and the hairline is slowly filling back in, the hair is coming in darker, and not to mention thicker and longer! However, even though the main course of treatment is directed at treating my thyroid, I still can't gain a pound! I could eat an entire large cheese pizza in 1 sitting, but yet in 3 hours when I'd weigh myself, I'd lose 2 lbs with having done nothing more than sit around and watch tv, or browse the internet!

barcafan

Reaction score
ghg said:
^ Hehe, my eyebrows are very thin too, and they thin out even more in the outer third. Dunno if that's a common trait amongst baldies? :dunno: I'm glad I haven't got eyebrows as white and thin as my mother though, hers are practically inexistant.

you're very likely hypothyroid, good idea to get it checked out thoroughally. Common complaint is thinning outer third of eyebrows.

And man, how the hell are some of you guys 120lbs @ 6 feet tall. That sounds seriously unhealthy.

Jeremy K

Reaction score
barcafan said:
ghg said:
^

And man, how the hell are some of you guys 120lbs @ 6 feet tall. That sounds seriously unhealthy.

While it's not exactly ideal, it's also not as unhealthy as you'd think. It's not as though it's the result of poor habits such as malnutrition or anything. I have a healthy appetite and eat quite a bit of food, but my metabolism just overcompensates. I rarely ever get sick and I generally feel good most of the time, but that has more to do with eating healthy. I'd say that I'm healthier than most of my friends, I just worry that if I ever get really sick, there's no room for error so I'd be in trouble if I had an extended hospital stay.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
ghg said:
Thanks for the compliments, CaptainForehead. Too bad I'm only 5'7", I think I would look ridiculous if I'd get seriously ripped.

You'd look even better; but seriously due, you may not realise it, but your face is quite aesthetic and symmetrical = women will want to have babies with you.
Regd height, wear some Doctor martin type shoes, and fix your posture and you will appear to be 5'9". Posture adds 1 inch. People always assume I'm 1 inch or more taller than I am. To fix your posture, think of what superman's posture would be like.. and carry yourself like that. A bit silly but it works. I am also under 6 feet so I had to fix posture.

With your facial structure baldness is not much of an issue for you..dont know what you are complaining about. But then, I'm NW6, so NW2-3s whinings appear ridiculous to me.