My Propecia Timeline Starting April 1st 2016

g.i joey

Reaction score
hey guys, as most of you all now ive been on finasteride for quite a while now and i personally think it isnt doing much.

Last edited:

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Taking a one month break could totally cause a negative impact on your hair. IMO at the worse you're still at baseline which is a success in itself.

g.i joey

Reaction score
would you say there's any indication on my third pic that puts me even a little below baseline?

I do admit when I look at month 8 and pre treatment pic I do notice more overall density now, but my hairline seems to not be recovering at all.

I guess the next 3-6 months will give me my answer. Hopefully brotzu comes through so I have another weapon to throw at this bih.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
would you say there's any indication on my third pic that puts me even a little below baseline?

I do admit when I look at month 8 and pre treatment pic I do notice more overall density now, but my hairline seems to not be recovering at all.

I guess the next 3-6 months will give me my answer. Hopefully brotzu comes through so I have another weapon to throw at this bih.

I think angles and how you're exactly pulling your hair back can play a HUGE role. IMO I wouldn't try to worry to much about it as long as you're on treatments. Based on research you probably won't be losing massive ground anytime soon. If you feel like you are really losing ground I would add like 30-40 mg of RU on your hairline and forelock in at night.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hard to tell , you might have lost some miniaturized hair at the hairline .
wait more month on treatment .
with your current dosage of finasteride you don't have puffy nipples ?
you take 0,5 mg per day .

Maybe this is the use of an AI which causes those vellu hair to shed .

g.i joey

Reaction score
1mg 3-5x a week. I haven't touched an AI since Jan 2015 when I tried finasteride for a month and got gyno. i micro doses for a good year after I got rid of the gyno but it didn't do sh*t, so I hopped on higher normal doses April 2016

Now I have the most minor bump in chest, my Doctor claims the size of my bump is just a simple gland and isn't recognized as gyno.. nipples are a tiny bitnpuffy if I slack on diet but aside from that esthetixally they are fine.

Last edited:

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
me too i am more sensitive to puffy nipples now .
when you said micro dose didnt do sh*t ; it was in term of hair maintenance or in term of gyno reduction ?
because i am currently on 0,5 mg per day and nipples are puffier again . that sucks , my first roung of 1 mg i was perfectly fine . strange

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
and the AI didnt worsen tour hair too much ? i heard horror story about it .
Your current hair situation is kinda good if you don't have crown loss .

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
when you said micro dose didnt do sh*t ; it was in term of hair maintenance or in term of gyno reduction ?

shookwun

Reaction score
I believe most men including myself take a bit of a hit on there libido, and erection quality, but nothing to substantial.

Worth maintaining a full head of hair over.

it looks like you further diffused on the most recent near your temples, and lost your miniaturized hairs.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You definitely went below the baseline at the hairline but most people don't keep their hairline above baseline on finasteride. Your hairline is slightly receding uneven. Mine did the same. You can see your right temple is slightly more receded than you left. Most people have the right temple more receded than the left when you are balding so its very common. Before finasteride your temples were almost even. Overall, your existing hair looks slightly thicker.

g.i joey

Reaction score
You definitely went below the baseline at the hairline but most people don't keep their hairline above baseline on finasteride. Your hairline is slightly receding uneven. Mine did the same. You can see your right temple is slightly more receded than you left. Most people have the right temple more receded than the left when you are balding so its very common. Before finasteride your temples were almost even. Overall, your existing hair looks slightly thicker.

My thoughts exactly, my hairline def took a hit but I feel more solid density throughout. Now I'm gonna give it a couple more months to really gauge if that 30 day break set me back or not.

But for now it's New Years let us all get so drunk we forget what Norwood we are. Happy new year to all of you!!!!

MikeW

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe most men including myself take a bit of a hit on there libido, and erection quality, but nothing to substantial.

Worth maintaining a full head of hair over.

it looks like you further diffused on the most recent near your temples, and lost your miniaturized hairs.

I wish I just took a hit.. I'm completely impotent. Mental and physical sides are worse..

g.i joey

Reaction score
Why would you continue a drug that causes bumps in your breast area ? Losing your hair may suck a little but growing breasts and messing with your body is going to suck a lot more further down the line.

Because my doctor wanted to help me lose my gyno while continuing the drug long term and only stopping short term to cure gyno, so he put me on an AI which took care of 90% of my problem. I would be stupid to not continue treatment after resolving the only side effect that actually effected me.

i get bloods every 3 months, its not GROWING breasts, i dont know if you're having trouble reading but i clearly stated in my previous post that i managed to rid myself of the gyno and continue treatment with NO FURTHER PROBLEMS.

Stop picking and chosing what you wanna answer to and read the text as a whole.

MikeW

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because my doctor wanted to help me lose my gyno while continuing the drug long term and only stopping short term to cure gyno, so he put me on an AI which took care of 90% of my problem. I would be stupid to not continue treatment after resolving the only side effect that actually effected me.

i get bloods every 3 months, its not GROWING breasts, i dont know if you're having trouble reading but i clearly stated in my previous post that i managed to rid myself of the gyno and continue treatment with NO FURTHER PROBLEMS.

Stop picking and chosing what you wanna answer to and read the text as a whole.
Why would you continue a drug that causes bumps in your breast area ? Losing your hair may suck a little but growing breasts and messing with your body is going to suck a lot more further down the line.

I don't even care about hair loss anymore. I'm just trying to warn guys about the horrific life altering side effects this drug can cause.

This drug destroyed me.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't even care about hair loss anymore. I'm just trying to warn guys about the horrific life altering side effects this drug can cause.

This drug destroyed me.

"I don't even care about hair loss anymore."

"My Regimen: Minoxidil"