My own personal research and *study* new pics coming soon

BH 90 NWtwo 10

Established Member
Reaction score
First and foremost I hope this post is not moved to another section, I believe it should remain here. I am going to study&research on my self, everything I have learned here from the most brilliant minds this form has. Michael berry, Bryan and CCS to name just a few.

hairregimen2better2wf2.jpg

What you see here is what I believe are *some* of the most powerful tools to combat MBP, not including finasteride and minoxidil.

From left to right, nizoral 2% shampoo, Alpecin Caffine Shampoo, [Suplements Curcumen, tourine, l-lyson, fishoil grape seed ext. green tea ext & Spirulina (whcih has SODS)], Revivogen, Eumu oil, Apple Poly, Nano Shampoo and Prox-N

I will be ordering the HAIRMAX hair laser this wednesday to compleat the regimen.

I will post Before and After pics on this thread once every 2 weeks. I will be starting the above regiman June 1st and am shaving my head to a 1 grade prior to starting. Right now I am a NW2 with JUST receding temples and hairline.

Hopefully soon enough this thread can be moved to Sucsess Stories, but until then its a study. :)
[/b]

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting post....I am eager to see the results. keep us posted I wish you the best!

abcdefg

Reaction score
Without finasteride and rogaine I think you will fail and be more bald 5 years from now then when you started. Topical or oral spironolactone might help. Without anything proven or fda approved you will lose. The hair brush is a little iffy I have seen no studies on its efficacy myself.

BH 90 NWtwo 10

Established Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
Without finasteride and rogaine I think you will fail and be more bald 5 years from now then when you started. Topical or oral spironolactone might help. Without anything proven or fda approved you will lose. The hair brush is a little iffy I have seen no studies on its efficacy myself.

I know its much harder with out finasteride and minoxidil, but everything on there DOES have at least some type of scientific study to back it up. The suplements should help in theory(and some have been pattented by L'oreal as an MBP treatment). The Laser IS FDA approved.

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
This is nothing new. What you are calling "study and research" is what we on this forum have long been calling a regimen. I'd suggest just tagging it on your post like many others do and then letting us know how it works for you. I think they way you presented it here is way overblown.

Anyways, it looks like a good regimen and I hope it works out for you!

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
BH 90 NWtwo 10 said:
abcdefg said:

I know its much harder with out finasteride and minoxidil, but everything on there DOES have at least some type of scientific study to back it up. The suplements should help in theory(and some have been pattented by L'oreal as an MBP treatment). The Laser IS FDA approved.

it is not fda approved for efficacy...just for safety pretty much...IMO its a piece of garbage. the best weapon you have is that prox-n.

BH 90 NWtwo 10

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, but i think the FDA said the laser adds 19 hairs per Sq cm?

michael barry

Reaction score
This is a great idea.

Dont let anyone tell you different.

People need to understand that to get FDA approval, one needs to test a product in 3 FDA phase trials, and then there is a review period. The 3rd phase trial is super super expensive, sometimes running over a hundred million bucks, although it may not be that much for hair treatments.

For example, Tricomin, was pulled after a FDA phase 2 trial with merely 36 men, because the parent company didn't want to pay for a phase three, thinking they wouldn't recoup their money. However, Tricomin did about as well as 2% minoxidil did (slightly better if I remember correctly) and since tricomin is an anti-inflammatory and superoxide dismutase, many will tell you (like me) that its positive effect should last longer than minoxidil's will. In other words after the growth spurt of the first couple of years, the deseending haircounts would probably be much slower than they are on minoxidil------at least thats my opinion. Yet Tricomin is not FDA approved.

All we can do is read, and discern as best we can based on the science available.

Ketoconazole has science behind it----although the one percent might be about as effective as the 2% or close to it.

Alpecin has a study backing it up performed at 2 real universities and was reported on by the EHRS.

Revivogen has fatty acids that have been found to be effective in hamster flank organ tests.

Prox-N is copper peptides and NANO, and is likely better than tricomin or at least as good, and you can see Bryans photos with its usage alone here at the HairLossTalk.com photo gallery and a couple of impressive regrowth pics with Procotor products on his site.

Alpecin is probably the product with the least amount of back up that BW has incorporated, but hey...............................gotta shampoo with something on those non-Ketoconazole days right?

Im glad you will be posting pics BW. I hope you can post them every three months or so. It will be interesting to see your hair in one year vs. baseline. Good luck.

jh

Established Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
Not to be an ***, but your regimen will be a failure in the long-term.

Define long term. Bryan Shelton was in better shape after two years with just NANO and Prox-N - there are pics on this site to prove it.

The moderator on this site has been maintaining for quite a while with just spironolactone/revivogen/nizoral.

The other treatments can only help matters.

BH 90 NWtwo 10

Established Member
Reaction score
just wanted to update, i havnt gotten my paycheck yet so il have to order my laser comb in about a week, as soon as i order it il be buzzing my hair and posting pics.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
jh said:
Not to be an ***, but your regimen will be a failure in the long-term.

Define long term. Bryan Shelton was in better shape after two years with just NANO and Prox-N - there are pics on this site to prove it.

The moderator on this site has been maintaining for quite a while with just spironolactone/revivogen/nizoral.

The other treatments can only help matters.

long term = 5 years or so
finasteride alone is stronger than all those treatments IMO

BH 90 NWtwo 10

Established Member
Reaction score
you could be right, how ever i feel im attacking male pattern baldness in so many differnt directions with this that it could almost be equal..

jh

Established Member
Reaction score

finasteride may or may not be stronger than all those products put together; there's no way to make an accurate comparison. Because of this, there's no reason to tell the original poster he will be bald long term. We can't be certain. Anyhow, long term we're all dead and won't have to worry about it.

As for the treatments buying five years of hair, when hair is regrown using treatments like minoxidil and finasteride, it takes several (and probably more) years to slowly return to baseline. If a significant amount of hair can be regrown with just Prox-N and NANO in two years, why would this hair be lost considerably more quickly and not gradually return to baseline over a number of years as with other treatments?

BH 90 NWtwo 10, I wish you the best of luck.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
jh said:

finasteride may or may not be stronger than all those products put together; there's no way to make an accurate comparison. Because of this, there's no reason to tell the original poster he will be bald long term. We can't be certain. Anyhow, long term we're all dead and won't have to worry about it.

As for the treatments buying five years of hair, when hair is regrown using treatments like minoxidil and finasteride, it takes several (and probably more) years to slowly return to baseline. If a significant amount of hair can be regrown with just Prox-N and NANO in two years, why would this hair be lost considerably more quickly and not gradually return to baseline over a number of years as with other treatments?

BH 90 NWtwo 10, I wish you the best of luck.

B/c nano does nothing for the cause of male pattern baldness...it just grows some hair while you are still balding....it buys you time thats all.

prox does have some anti androgens in it so its a better treatment but expensive.

Im giving him my opinion....thats all. Would you drop finasteride and take all that stuff? i know i wouldnt. I think the key to stoppin hair loss is to bring your androgens esp in the follicle as low as possible finasteride and dutasteride have proven to do that with clincal tests...none of his treatments have the backing that finasteride or dutasteride has.

Good luck anyway.

BH 90 NWtwo 10

Established Member
Reaction score
thank you both,

Bryan used prox-n and nano to keep his male pattern baldness the same for a period of two years.

nizoral 2% has some regrowth abilities but mainly also keeps things the same, from wat we all hear ont he boards at least.

the laser comb and the revivogen will hopefuly do the regrowing both have had studies done and i remember hearing the laser comb can grow 17 hairs per cm2

That is the study on Alpecin

http://www.cosmeticsdesign.com/news-by- ... d=57421&k=

Apple poly has been studied and Michael recently posted pictures of regrowth on mice. i think i remember reading that the Apple Poly website sells the topical at 4% and michaals pictures were at 1%

Everything that is going to be used has had studys.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
BH 90 NWtwo 10 said:
thank you both,

Bryan used prox-n and nano to keep his male pattern baldness the same for a period of two years.

nizoral 2% has some regrowth abilities but mainly also keeps things the same, from wat we all hear ont he boards at least.

the laser comb and the revivogen will hopefuly do the regrowing both have had studies done and i remember hearing the laser comb can grow 17 hairs per cm2

That is the study on Alpecin

http://www.cosmeticsdesign.com/news-by- ... d=57421&k=

Apple poly has been studied and Michael recently posted pictures of regrowth on mice. i think i remember reading that the Apple Poly website sells the topical at 4% and michaals pictures were at 1%

Everything that is going to be used has had studys.

good luck...and take tons of pics!!!

BH 90 NWtwo 10

Established Member
Reaction score
I will be shaving my head tomrrow.

here are pics, sorry i had to use my cell but i will be using a 5 mega pix for the rest of the pics as they come along. These were taken in the bathroom, right after i got outa the shower, under the lights at 2 mega pix.

my hair pre shaven. we can compare the density when it grows out again.

L Temple

R Temple

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
BH 90 NWtwo 10 said:
I will be shaving my head tomrrow.

here are pics, sorry i had to use my cell but i will be using a 5 mega pix for the rest of the pics as they come along. These were taken in the bathroom, right after i got outa the shower, under the lights at 2 mega pix.

my hair pre shaven. we can compare the density when it grows out again.

L Temple

R Temple

my man...it seems as all you have is a matured hair line...I dont see any miniaturization at all....are you sure you have male pattern baldness?