My mums going bald.. what to do?

miansc

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Well, over the past few years my mother's hair had started to thin out greatly. Currently, she is loosing more and more hair and her scalp is noticeably visible. It's making her extremely upset and is doing the exact same to me.

She is 45 years old. She eats healthy / cooks healthy. She works out a couple of times per week. She does not consume alcohol, however will have an occasional cigarette.

What steps could we take to help her ATLEAST slow down the hairloss?

Is it possible to grow new hair at the age / phase?

Are there any other natural medicines / drugs we could use to help regrow some hair (if that's possible).

I will do anything to help her.
Really any helpful information would be gratefully appreciated as I hate seeing my mum upset by this! :(

Thanks.

miansc

Reaction score
I'm a little older than your mother (51) but started losing a lot of hair at 49. Currently, I'm using Rogaine (men's 5%) once a day in the morning and taking Vitamin B6. I would suggest your mother do what I did: Get her Vitamin D, ferretin, cortisol, potassium, folate, B12, DHEA-sulfate and all iron, testosterone, thyroid and hormone levels tested. If nothing is abnormal, then the next step would be a scalp biopsy.

I'm pretty sure she would have checked most of that, but I do see some new things she can check up on thanks!