My Latest Discovery...fabric Softener

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey guys, just sharing an experience i tried with fabric softener. I wear synthetic grey pieces mostly because I find the human grey hair is overly processed, dry, brittle, fragile and sheds too quickly.

Since wearing synthetic grey, there is less shedding and i prefer the look and shininess of synthetic grey...but with all things, it doesn't last forever...while searching the net, I saw many using fabric softener on synthetic wig to rejuvenate fibres\hair... well it works !, makes is less frizzy and brings life to synthetic hair. My pieces usually lasts 3 months, but by that time, hair is lifeless by then, however, fabric softener bath brings some silkiness and softness , plus a great SMELL LOL.

I started using it on a newer piece to see how long it will prolong hair...my concern is on knots, if it will loosen them...

anyways, just thought of sharing... Oh, the recipe I use for soaking is half water, half softener.. I also putting that same combination in a spray bottled and use on dry piece when not attached , a bit like a leave in conditioner.
if you do decide to try it, find a unscented softener as they do smell .. I presently smell honey, lotus, bamboo LOL

Noah

Reaction score
Good tip AxC, but when you put it on do you find yourself dancing through sun-dappled fields of barley, surrounded by tumbling puppies (or is that toilet rolls I'm thinking of ...)?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good tip AxC, but when you put it on do you find yourself dancing through sun-dappled fields of barley, surrounded by tumbling puppies (or is that toilet rolls I'm thinking of ...)?
LOL, i feel that way whenever i put my hairpiece on... regarless of product I use... my bald look is very drab and dull, but when I have my piece on, i feel pretty, reason why I continue wearing...

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL I believe it’s fabric softener.

HairPiece

My Regimen
Reaction score
Helpful information.
% 10-15 grey exist on my original hair.Do you have advise for this ? ( 15% Grey , 85% natural black)

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Given your percentage of natural human hair is higher (85%) this techniques doesn't apply. I suggest you test it on an old unit, to see. Fabric softener is slimy so may have an impact on knots and make them loose...

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Given your percentage of natural human hair is higher (85%) this techniques doesn't apply. I suggest you test it on an old unit, to see. Fabric softener is slimy so may have an impact on knots and make them loose...

Hmm.. true...

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
How are fully synthetic, non grey pieces? I heard synthetic is VERY light, insanely easy to style & tangle free.

That said, how realistic does it look? I've seen it on inexpensive wigs & it's a joke - but I imagine there are better grades of it, or at least more realistic, less dense configurations...

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can only speak for grey synthetic hair, but i now only buy with synthetic grey. Keep it's color.

I have seen women's synthetic hair wigs and can't tell the difference.

Maybe time to start a new post/thread asking who does mens synthetic hair piece suppliers out there.?

I am sure you can do a custom order specifying synthetic, but that will take ages..

All this to say, if I was wearing a solid light color, I would choose synthetic. However I'd jet black, the roots can't ve bleached..