My hair transplant.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. I had a hair transplant yesterday and got a shaven FUE transplant.

I think I was a Norwood 2-3 (you guys might be able to inform me). I'm 22 and have been receding for the last 4 years. My confidence started declining hence why I had a transplant. I've been on propecia, regaine and nizoral for about 2.5 months and have been shedding like mad, my doctor said this is a good thing though. Due to the transplant I've been off all the treatments now for the past week and cannot use them again for the next 10 days. The next 4 days of the procedure are a hassle and I wouldnt recommend going to work during this time. This is because you have to spray salin solution on the transplanted hairs every 30 minutes. Because I only need to do for four days I am going to spray my hair as much as I can at night as well. My surgeon said that keeping your transplanted hair soaked is the most important part. The White bits you see on the newly transplanted hairs are bits of tissue and this absorbs the fluid keeping the roots clean. You also need to take medication supplied for the next few weeks.

The procedure lasted about 7 hours, 5and half if you skip lunch and the interruptions throughout the day. The morning is the extraction and the afternoon is the implantation of the hairs. The injections weren't that bad. I'd say the two which went in my forehead before lunch were the most painful. But the extraction and in implantations didn't hurt. After the procedure i received all the instructions on treating the areas at home. The first day after the procedure my head was soar and a bit bloody. I'm now on day three and in two more days I can gently start washing my hair to remove the scabs. Any questions I'm happy to answer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 821

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been one week since my transplant here's my progress.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been one week since my transplant here's my progress.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 748
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 663
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 675

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, thanks it was for approximately 3000 hairs (1100 grafts). I have very thick hair, but my surgeon advised me to go for less density because I will naturally lose density over time. My surgeon was Dr zioga, she is actually a very nice person and was joking around with me before the surgery which helped out because I was nervous.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, thanks it was for approximately 3000 hairs (1100 grafts). I have very thick hair, but my surgeon advised me to go for less density because I will naturally lose density over time. My surgeon was Dr zioga, she is actually a very nice person and was joking around with me before the surgery which helped out because I was nervous.

I think that's a smart move and you got more grafts saved up for the future if you need them.

Personally I think you should have gone on meds first for a year to see what growth you can get and also knowing that your body can take finasteride long term.

Anyway, keep up the updates. I look forward to seeing how your hair turns out!

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a typo I'll edit it, it was actually 2.5 months. But I agree with you, I wouldn't recommend rushing into it. I do believe I will be a good responder though because I've literally shedded none stop and had no side affects.

shookwun

Reaction score
1000 grafts is not enough for coverage, let alone density. It's going to look pluggy, and see through.

NW2 2000-2500

psyhotria

Banned
Reaction score
No point in showing your "progress" post-op or after one week (why people are doing this?). Come back in a year with your before/after, and then we may discuss your result..

shookwun

Reaction score
Oh come on! It's like I can predict everything you will say before you even say it.

I had 2000 grafts for my entire NW4 area and it's looking OK right now after 8 months.

Not ideal, but not pluggy either, no transplant done by a top surgeon looks "pluggy" anymore.

You should try harder to hide your "sluthater" status by the way.

I don't post on that site for starters. 2000 grafts is what most surgeons will transplant on a NW2.

Go check out hair transplant network under surgeons results and see for yourself.

shookwun

Reaction score
2000 grafts to fill a NW2 is just being greedy. What happens when you hit NW5-6 then?

You'll look cool with your insanely thick NW2 and your massive bald area behind it.

2000 grafts on a NW2 isn't even remotely close to being insanely thick, it's just enough to replicate, and provide an illusion of density.

I dunno man, but I do know for a fact that surgeons will emphasise on the front then gradually work back with what's left. Every individual is different, but in most cases that's how it's typically done. The front will have majority of the bulk, and the mid-crown areas will be gradually filled in with what's left over. The frame is most important.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Id be honestly happy with a thinning crown than a recedimg hairline.Why?? coz all i have to do is just grow it out and get on a finasteride or minoxidil which are MEANT to work mostly on the crown and vertex

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1000 grafts is not enough for coverage, let alone density. It's going to look pluggy, and see through.

NW2 2000-2500

A graft can contain up to and sometimes over 8 hairs, calculating hair counts with grafts therefore isn't accurate. With FUE surgeons can select the best grafts containing more then 1 hair. And use them for your hair line therefore giving you more density. I can assure you that although it's early and a vast amount of my hair transplanted hair has shed it looks only a little less dense as my surrounding hair.

- - - Updated - - -

No point in showing your "progress" post-op or after one week (why people are doing this?). Come back in a year with your before/after, and then we may discuss your result..

There is a big difference in 1 day post op to a week post op. Maybe it doesn't show in the pictures but people who have had a procedure can tell you that once those scabs have been removed how different you look. I will post every few months because it's also a way I can compare my progress.

fixmyhead

Reaction score
even if you wanted to post sooner than that you should. you have at least one person interested

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
image.jpgimage.jpg

Here are some updates, this is my head at its worse. I have lost most of my transplanted hair on the left temple. Fortunately my right temple hasn't lost as much hair so I am able to brush my hair to the side to cover the thin areas. To date there are no signs of regrowth, I am approaching 5 months now on on the treatment so hopefully I will start to see some results from the big 3.
- - - Updated - - -

These pictures do give of an impression that my hair looks better then it actually is.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 32465View attachment 32469

Here are some updates, this is my head at its worse. I have lost most of my transplanted hair on the left temple. Fortunately my right temple hasn't lost as much hair so I am able to brush my hair to the side to cover the thin areas. To date there are no signs of regrowth, I am approaching 5 months now on on the treatment so hopefully I will start to see some results from the big 3.
- - - Updated - - -

These pictures do give of an impression that my hair looks better then it actually is.

kills doesnt it. Im in a shock loss phaze right now. I think its why Im in such a bad mood and thinking of shaving my head again. Its like I went from wow to "oh" over night as the new hairs left and took some old ones with them. I went through loss the first time around as well and it wasnt fun until it came back.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
What you're describing is not shockloss, it's the normal shedding that happens after every hair transplant.

Choose your words carefully because it could make some newbies believe that shockloss is more common than it is.

Just a reminder: actual shockloss happens to 1 to 2% of hair loss sufferers undergoing a hair transplant.

shedding is the new hairs falling out, shock loss is the hairs AROUND the new hairs being shocked from the procedure and falling out as well. It especially happens when the new hairs are placed back further into non thinned areas in consideration for future loss so youre not returning every year for touch ups.

Also 1 to 2% is not true I dont know where you got that number from but the internet is FLOCKED with people who have had it happen. Did your surgeon tell you this? Thats a lie. You may not have experienced it because you say you were fully NW6 up top so there would be no existing hair to shock. Someone in mine or his place with existing hair would/could experience this. Shock loss is very common.

You should read the post "carefully" before you tell people to "choose your words carefully".

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/answers/what-is-shock-fall-out/

on a side note WHY are all hair transplant docs bald? In my consults I only met ONE who had his own hair transplant and it was NOT good lol

home_bernstein5.jpg

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I mean shockloss for non-DHT hair in the donor area of course.

Maybe my remaining 300 hairs in the recipient area have been subjected to shockloss, I don't know. And I don't care.

There were actually surgeons who warned me about shockloss for my native hair in the NW5 area.

Oh yeah, what a tragic loss that would have been. They're gone now anyway.

lol

well for me those 100 hairs make a big difference. I seriously makes me from diffuese NW5 to 7 in the way of looks. Plus this time around we had 100 to 200 ( i honestly dont remember) grafts (multi hair) left over so we threw throught the crown area and the shedding is awful. I went through this the first time around. It comes back but its frustrating. Im seeing lots of little hairs coming through and getting the pimples from them coming through. I took some tweezers and did the tug test just to be sure they werent left overs that didnt fall out and they seem to be holding good.

Just frustrating. I wish the OP well in his progress.

Aesthetic

Established Member
Reaction score
no offense, the back of ur skull has a weird shape, did that happen naturally or were u injuried when young or something, no offense bro , hair lookin good now

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no offense, the back of ur skull has a weird shape, did that happen naturally or were u injuried when young or something, no offense bro , hair lookin good now

Its a natural shaped skull, not every skull is shaped the same, it isn't common shape but it definitely isn't uncommon. The picture does make it look much more unusual than it actually is though.

- - - Updated - - -

kills doesnt it. Im in a shock loss phaze right now. I think its why Im in such a bad mood and thinking of shaving my head again. Its like I went from wow to "oh" over night as the new hairs left and took some old ones with them. I went through loss the first time around as well and it wasnt fun until it came back.

Yeh I know, I'm struggling with patience, summers just started and I want to be able to show off my hair lol. I guess I'll have to wait until autumn for that though.