My hair Surgery - Done now!

FBaldy

Reaction score
most recent pic at least much more hair on top... but yeah depends if you can style or grow it out even more or get further hair transplant to compliment the first one to improve shape and form.

newlook

Reaction score
After 9 months

This is the progress after 9 months.

Attachments

• after 9 months.jpg
    after 9 months.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 376

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
Why do you keep the sides that long? It just emphasizes that you have thin hair on top.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your growth was pretty good and you didnt seem to have complications. I would DEF go for another now tho to fill in the thinness on top, at least in the front. You seem to have a LOT of donor left. Plus perhaps you could use some body hair as filler now that the top is long. In between the hair you now have it might not be as noticeable that is was body hair. I plan to try this down the line.

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
All in all the surgery was a success with only 1000 grafts the coverage you have is pretty much what I would expect. However it is clear that 1000 grafts was never going to give you enough coverage.

SMP will surely help but for the cost involved in this I think you would be better off just getting another hair transplant first and then maybe smp later if you still need it

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha yes.
still, it's good of him to stay constant with his updates.

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope that you will recover soon and I know that most of the people affected by this same problem, should be careful as like you. Because, hair looks us beautiful.

Recover from what?? Baldness? We could all do with some of that :)

gravesen

Established Member
Reaction score
WOW.

The doctor gave him at least a very low hairline for that kind of low density.

I was going for 5000 grafts and my doctor refused to even discuss the possibility of lowering the hairline in exchange of reducing density a bit.

I'd be happy to find a doctor like that, even if i'd go with more grafts.

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys are being too nice here. 1000 grafts to cover a scalp that was pretty damn bald??? Who is this doctor? because i will never go to him/her.

I would have just stayed bald and shaved off the sides instead of having diffuse wirey hairs all over the top. Absolutely ridiculous. Seriously, a 1000 grafts?!?!? WTF

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
We are telling it how it is... its obvious 1000 grafts was never going to be enough to cover his baldness.

However you cant blame the doctor for this, it was most likely the patients decision or due to cost or donor supply.

What benefit would it be to the Doctor to only give 1000 grafts when he required more? In fact its the opposite. They charge per graft normally, and its not like he told him he was recieving more and charged him for more than he actually recieved.

For just 1000 grafts I think he got what is to be expected.

newlook

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
It has been over a year now since I had my surgery at DHI London. The story is that I had a mega session expecting around 3000 grafts but that number was not met because the extraction rate was under achieved as I understand. I think you all noticed that from my pictures and some of you rightly pointed that out too. Apparently this happens less than 10% but unfortunately I am falling into the ethnic category in which this is a high possibility. But the good news is that DHI offered me a 100% free session to rectify this and I am doing my second session in December. So, from my point of view it is very good of them to offer such a deal and just wanted to share that with you all since we discuss and want to know the pros and cons of clinics and suppliers etc. Will be posting my new photos in December for your kind comments again. Thank you all for your advice. You all helped me a lot as I was not very well informed last year when I wanted to do this surgery. So, the forum helped me a lot.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
It has been over a year now since I had my surgery at DHI London. The story is that I had a mega session expectingaround 3000 grafts but that number was not met because the extraction rate was under achieved as I understand. I think you all noticed that from my pictures and some of you rightly pointed that out too. Apparently this happens less than 10%but unfortunately I am falling into the ethnic category in which this is ahigh possibility. But the good news is that DHI offered me a 100% free session to rectify this and I am doing my second session in December.So, from my point of view it is very good of them to offer such a dealand just wanted to share that with you all since we discuss and want to know the pros and cons of clinics and suppliers etc. Will be posting my new photos in December for your kind comments again. Thank you all for your advice. You all helped me a lot as I was not very well informed last year when I wanted to do this surgery. So, the forum helped me a lot.

Good luck man,
That sucks, hope it works out

newlook

Reaction score
Second Surgery after 18 months -

Hello everyone,

I had the second surgery done at DHL London in December. See attached photos taken last week, i.e. 2 months after the surgery. Now I have done two surgeries and this time I had about 1500 grafts.
I must say that DHL London was very good to offer me this session at an extremely good value. I must mention that because you don't get this sort of recognition or kindness from companies anymore.
anyway, see what you think.. That is the more important.
just to clarify the reason why they gave me this almost free session is because in my first session we did back in 2013 they could not get the 1800 grafts as they expected and only managed 1200. That was also because of the nature of my hair follicles I was told.
I have mentioned in my early posts about this anyway but I like to hear opinion on this theory/reason I was given.

Thanks guys ..

See attached latest images.

Attachments

• after 2 months 1.jpg
    after 2 months 1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 286
  • after 2 months 2.jpg
    after 2 months 2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 288

Thentent57

Reaction score
Wish you best of luck, health and wealth :). stay happy ! I hope you get the desired results.

Reaction score
Glad you like it man. I'm really worried about the day I have to get a transplant.

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Glad you like it man. I'm really worried about the day I have to get a transplant.
Why worry?
The only worry you should have is making sure you appoint the right surgeon , providing that you do, the rest is a walk in the park.