My hair, sometimes I will update with new pics

better? almost the same? worst?

• Total voters

Bet24

Established Member
Reaction score
POST OCT 12 2006: NEW POST

Ok guys another picture, I took a new pic today and was a nice one to compare to that pic that I took last year... take a look...

updatehairhi3vmrt38.jpg

another pic, this time the right temple (my worst temple)

righttemplexc8rm5355.jpg

and the usual front hairline pic updated:

fronthlgh35329.jpg

Take care guys and keep your hopes up in the treatment.

POST AUG. 08 2006: OLD POST

ok guys, some update here, I think there is some new hairs, but I really dont know....

Im on propecia (5 months) + nizoral (almost one year).... nothing more.

What do you think guys? do I have hope in this fight?

updated252r4.jpg

thanks and take care

bubka

Reaction score
nice pics for comparison, i would say you are having some improvement, check out some of those new hairs out in front (i have a few myself) though my hairline only come down a bit, more on the temples. I think some of that is just normal male hairline maturation, and nothing can be done to get to back down pre post puberty levels. Hopefully you will still continue to get some improvement over the next 6 to 18 months!

CCS

Reaction score
most of those hairs are hanging down from higher up. But a few are darker looking.

The only reason someone can't keep pre-puberty hair is if those are two sensitive to androgens and died really fast and fully. Theoretically, a good enough topical anti-androgen combined with a good dutasteride regimen and other stuff could make an environment the hairs could survive in.

Bet24

Established Member
Reaction score
well guys thanks for the response.

my "pre-pubert" hairline was very weird...., do you see those hairs in the sides of my hairline (see pic down)? most of them are alone now... but there was my hairline when I had 16, the center of my hairline is almost the same...

I really prefer my hairline now, before was like a woman hairline... really... but I dont want to loose more hair... or density

(Those hairs are gone since...... the 2000)

6za3554f4.jpg

bubka

Reaction score
you look in good shape man, did you notice just loss in other places, or just the hairline changing?

Bet24

Established Member
Reaction score
bubka said:
you look in good shape man, did you notice just loss in other places, or just the hairline changing?

just the hairline, and a bit of density loss, but only around the hairline zone, more in the right temple (a bad sign if you ask me)

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
i have the same sort of black short stray black hairs growing and they are from the propecia.

i think your hairline really looks good.

kalbo

Established Member
Reaction score
There should be a separate section called "Success Stories?" for threads like this :)

Anyways, your hairline did improve a bit. Pretty surprising considering you don't use any topicals

G

Hello,

I voted for "almost the same", yet tendency goes towards better. I am with CCS on this one, what looks like new hair is basically the same hair, which was pulled back from your hand in the first pic. Yet, the hair in general looks healthier and somehow thicker. If maintenance was your goal you definetly achieved it.

I have a question, how can you draw such lines in a picture? I am using the freeware "Xnview", yet I don´t manage to find such an option. I am quite a newb when it comes to computers......

Bet24

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
I have a question, how can you draw such lines in a picture? I am using the freeware "Xnview", yet I don´t manage to find such an option. I am quite a newb when it comes to computers......

photoshop :wink:

Sean68

Reaction score
id say better.youve at least maintained your hairline.well done.

Bet24

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok guys another picture, I took a new pic today and was a nice one to compare to that pic that I took last year... take a look...

updatehairhi4t4523.jpg

My reg. is the same as the original post, and almost no sides.

Take care guys and keep your hopes up in the treatment.

bubka

Reaction score
it looks as if the temples may have grown back just a bit... was debating that on the 9 month...

still awesome maintenance to say the least! congrats!

Gangularis

Reaction score
man.... you have the farthest thing from a serious receeding hairline that i have ever seen... i envy your hairline, and i think it's really stupid that you're even here.

Bet24

Established Member
Reaction score
Gangularis said:
man.... you have the farthest thing from a serious receeding hairline that i have ever seen... i envy your hairline, and i think it's really stupid that you're even here.

No man, I had a serious temple receeding and density loss last year....

another pic, this time the right temple (my worst temple)

righttemplexc436r8.jpg

Bet24

Established Member
Reaction score
Well guys, Im going to update my thread after almost 6 years.

Before the pic I have to say that I quitted propecia, I just got tired of that pill, after a couple of years my penis was failing me, so thats is a no no for me. Im still with nizoral.... and never tried minoxidil (to scared to have a big shed).

I did a big changes in my life though, I changed my diet (no sugar, small amount of sal in my meals, no chocolate, no milk [I became alergic], no processed food and Im eating a lot of vegetables, fruits and almonds lol), also, Im sleeping well now and exercise every day.

Also I changed the way I see the life, I have a more relaxed life without stress, I no longer worry about my hair because I dont really care anymore, and how ironic, I think that way of thinking is helping to controll the loss.

As you can see in the following picture:

11401524.jpg

I didnt loose much hair in all those years, only the small ones, the hairline its almost the same. But I have to say, the density overall is worst, but almost nobody notice that and its impossible to capture that with my camera, only mysef know that because... well... its my hair.

Also, the way I have sex have changed a lot. Im trying to not ejaculate when I have sex because that way my wife enjoy more the act (I last much longer now) and maybe, I mean maybe that zinc Im saving is helping, I dont know. Btw, I only have sex twice a week and I never masturbate. But I will say this just to be clear, I dont belive that crazy masturbation=hairloss theory.

Also, Ive been with dermmatch all those years.

Another thing that helps: Im shaving those brave hairs that survived and still live where the old hairline was (1 cm down), this way people will never notice that my hair was better before.

Keep fighting guys, if you have a positive way of living you will loose less hair... maybe... :punk:

Temples pics later...

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
It looks to me like your male pattern baldness is just VERY slow, and that's a good thing. You might never lose anymore.