My hair piece arrived. Problem solved. (shampoo)

s.a.f

Reaction score
ithappens said:
I mean first off women flirting with you I can gurantee you that most of that is just from being more confident and sociable with yourself. You've gone from not flirting at all to putting yourself in a position to being flirted with. All girls flirt trust me on that, get back to me when the thing gets you some action, not just some flirting.

CCS gets wig girl speaks to him, he thinks its flirting.

CCS

Reaction score
ithappens said:
I mean first off women flirting with you I can gurantee you that most of that is just from being more confident and sociable with yourself. You've gone from not flirting at all to putting yourself in a position to being flirted with.

I did not put myself into any new position. I did not get more confident either. I put my piece on and walked out hoping people did not notice. I even put my hand on my head when walking within 10 feet of people out in the sun. Women just walked up to me and made sure I said hi back to them. Believe what you want, but looks matter a lot. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. I'm getting better at applying my piece every time I put it on.

CCS

Reaction score
And the only guys who complimented my hair were

1. The guy I told a month ago that I was going to wear a piece.
2. A guy who was listing all my strong points, to consol me for not having a car.
3. Dr Sharon Keene's boyfriend, who did not believe her that she was talking to me just because I was a patient of her's. He did not believe I was a patient because I had too much hair, and he stood between us and even invited me outside with him while he smoked.

Other guys have not mentioned my hair specifically, but said I looked really young or really good.

With the exception of some lift in front, my hair passes the feel test. As soon as I get more consistent at placing it perfect, and trimming it tight, I'll clean the piece and get toothpics to apply glue in the very front.

I'm also blending it much better. Can't tell from top view any more.

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:

2. A guy who was listing all my strong points, to consol me for not having a car.
3. Dr Sharon Keene's boyfriend, who did not believe her that she was talking to me just because I was a patient of her's. He did not believe I was a patient because I had too much hair, and he stood between us and even invited me outside with him while he smoked.

Other guys have not mentioned my hair specifically, but said I looked really young or really good.

With the exception of some lift in front, my hair passes the feel test. As soon as I get more consistent at placing it perfect, and trimming it tight, I'll clean the piece and get toothpics to apply glue in the very front.

Did you lie around with these guys after they complimented you on your nice hair? Did you remain flacid like last time or possbily get more into it now that your hair problems are solved?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
malibujoe said:

Did you lie around with these guys after they complimented you on your nice hair? Did you remain flacid like last time or possbily get more into it now that your hair problems are solved?

lol!!

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
ithappens said:
I mean first off women flirting with you I can gurantee you that most of that is just from being more confident and sociable with yourself. You've gone from not flirting at all to putting yourself in a position to being flirted with.

I did not put myself into any new position. I did not get more confident either. I put my piece on and walked out hoping people did not notice. I even put my hand on my head when walking within 10 feet of people out in the sun. Women just walked up to me and made sure I said hi back to them. Believe what you want, but looks matter a lot. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. I'm getting better at applying my piece every time I put it on.

ccs full head of hair or not...you are not model material....i dont believe women are just goin to fall on ur lap now.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
UK1 said:
You know when you spot a guy with a wig and either laugh inside or feel really sorry and embarrased for them? That's you.
For crying out loud.. have some pride and get a skinhead.

And women flirt with me, and men compliment me. A guy I went to for dating advice listed my hair as one of my good qualities, while consoling me about not having a car. My surgeon's boyfriend did not believe her that I was a former patient. He seemed like he saw me as competition, and said my hair looked so good I could not have possibly needed her services.

The only guy who said anything was the guy who already knew I had a wig. He was expecting it, and said "your hair looks great. Is it a wig?". I said yes. No further mention of it.

Maybe some people know, maybe they don't. But everyone is treating me better.

Just be careful, I know that lots of us on here seem as though we're not supporting you but deep down we're just trying to save you from the inevitable humiliation that you're about to experience.

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
i wish i was CCS roomate. I could watch this train wreck in real life! although it may not be worth it cuz i'd hate to wake up and see a dead squirrel bobbing up and down on my morning wood!

Meta-Monster!

Reaction score
ithappens said:
as said before i give you props for taking the step to wearing hair as I may go down that road someday, but trust me people aren't idiots they know full well you wear a piece, they almost always will know. I love going on some of these hair loss sites where people share information about wearing wigs and make posts like "I don't understand how I was busted yesterday for wearing etc etc I thought I had everything perfect". The bottom line is people post pictures of them wearing hair pieces from various angles, but it doesn't relate to how it looks in real life. When you look at someone's real hair you can just see how everything naturally blends and goes together it's pretty f$in simple. Sure, walking around passing by people during the day they won't really know or more so notice and care. Hell I could put a parking cone on my head and walk around and most people probably wouldn’t care that’s just the way it is. But the people who you're around on a daily basis friends, coworkers, etc they all know or will eventually figure it out there's no point in trying to pretend they don't. If they don't take notice and don't seem to care try to take it from their point of view, I mean what exactly do you say to one of your acquaintances who is wearing a piece? Hey you're wearing a hair piece!!!!! Yea I can tell!!! hhaha I mean most people are decent enough not to mention it let alone say anything to your face about it. The question is if you can't pull off the bald look do you want to look shitty and bald or wear a hair piece and look better but have people know obviously your wearing a hair piece. Personally, when it comes down to it I would probably go for the hair piece, but I never worn so I can't say for sure. It would take a lot balls and be a big decision so my hat goes off to you it really does. But this whole thing and post of trying to perfect it etc is pointless it will never be perfect enough where people around you on a daily basis won't know. So my advice would be from a younger guy's point of view if you're gonna keep wearing it just go with it, and if not then just ditch it, but just have realistic expectations. good luck and all

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where you mentioned the expertise you have with hair pieces...

The pieces that you spot are the bad ones. The hair transplants that you spot are the bad ones. If someone is wearing a great piece, or has had a great hair transplant, then by the virtue of being 'great', they will be performing their intended function and be undetectable.

By the way, how many people do you personally interact with on a regular basis who happen to be wearing a piece? How do you even know that they are wearing one (granted it's not of terrible quality)? Have you ever tried removing the suspected piece from their head to prove that it's not their real hair?

In my opinion, male pattern baldness causes the hair that guys still do have to look 'off' or 'fake'. I'm only a Norwood 1.5 or so, and last Thursday afternoon I was suspected of wearing a piece! Since I was suspected of wearing, does that make my hair a hairpiece? Obviously not, right?

If someone takes the time and trouble to learn how to acquire and incorporate in pieces that perfectly match their own original hair, (in all of it's characteristic ways), no one will be able to tell the difference.

ithappens

Reaction score
Meta-Monster! said:
I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where you mentioned the expertise you have with hair pieces...

The pieces that you spot are the bad ones. The hair transplants that you spot are the bad ones. If someone is wearing a great piece, or has had a great hair transplant, then by the virtue of being 'great', they will be performing their intended function and be undetectable.

By the way, how many people do you personally interact with on a regular basis who happen to be wearing a piece? How do you even know that they are wearing one (granted it's not of terrible quality)? Have you ever tried removing the suspected piece from their head to prove that it's not their real hair?

In my opinion, male pattern baldness causes the hair that guys still do have to look 'off' or 'fake'. I'm only a Norwood 1.5 or so, and last Thursday afternoon I was suspected of wearing a piece! Since I was suspected of wearing, does that make my hair a hairpiece? Obviously not, right?

If someone takes the time and trouble to learn how to acquire and incorporate in pieces that perfectly match their own original hair, (in all of it's characteristic ways), no one will be able to tell the difference.

Umm well let just say you're wrong, wrong, and wrong. First off, I'm 22 years old, none of my friends etc people I'm close with wear a hair system I can assure you of that, but I have no doubt if one was I could spot it in an instant. As for living in the dream world using the quote all these hair system places have "you only spot the bad ones", umm no offense but thats a load of sh*t. As I said before, I don't go around on a daily basis looking for hair systems, and if a guy is wearing one on the street etc and I walk by him I don't notice it because I don't care and I don't see the guy regularly so of course I wouldn't know. There was one time I noticed a guy walking by me on the street with that typical brushed back 90s hair style that screamed piece. I turned around and saw the back of his head, sure enough he didnt even bother to blend the thing. Another time I was sitting in the dining cafeteria at school, and saw a kid with hair that just didn't quite seem right, sure enough after talking to some of his friends he was known as the "rug kid". My point is these were just two random individuals I saw with nice pieces, good quality etc not even people I'm around on a daily basis. If any of my friends were wearing or people I was always around it would be even easier. As for male pattern baldness causing guys hair to look off or fake, maybe so, but big deal the bottom line is it's still your real hair. People are a lot more observant than you think. My hair loss isn't even related to male pattern baldness it's chemically damaged, and just this wirery mess that goes all over the place. I was wearing my hat one day after I washed it , and it really straightened out etc. Later in the day my friends started to joke at me saying I used a hot iron to straighten my hair. We all had a good laugh. The pieces you spot are simply pieces, not the bad ones or good ones. AS SAID BEFORE, I do agree a great quality piece can look good, perhaps even better than someone who is balding etc, but don't think for a minute people around you on a daily basis don't know or won't figure it out.

*Editor's Note*- The only exception to this in my opinion would be if a guy who was balding/bald had a piece that gave him some more hair, but he still was very much balding/thinning. Then I probably wouldn't think that it was a piece. However, that would sort of defeat the purpose of wearing a hairpiece in the first place.

Meta-Monster!

Reaction score
ithappens said:
Umm well let just say you're wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Really, about what? Almost everything written in my last post was a rhetorical question. Hence, they were used rhetorically... (consult a dictionary if you're still confused).

ithappens said:
First off, I'm 22 years old, none of my friends etc people I'm close with wear a hair system I can assure you of that, but I have no doubt if one was I could spot it in an instant.

Is that so... In response to your assertion I'll repeat my original question: exactly what expertise do you have with hairpieces? What possible criteria are you using in your fool-proof hair-piece analysis that allows you to 'spot one in an instant'?

ithappens said:
As for living in the dream world using the quote all these hair system places have "you only spot the bad ones", umm no offense but thats a load of s***. As I said before, I don't go around on a daily basis looking for hair systems, and if a guy is wearing one on the street etc and I walk by him I don't notice it because I don't care and I don't see the guy regularly so of course I wouldn't know. There was one time I noticed a guy walking by me on the street with that typical brushed back 90s hair style that screamed piece. I turned around and saw the back of his head, sure enough he didnt even bother to blend the thing. Another time I was sitting in the dining cafeteria at school, and saw a kid with hair that just didn't quite seem right, sure enough after talking to some of his friends he was known as the "rug kid". My point is these were just two random individuals I saw with nice pieces, good quality etc not even people I'm around on a daily basis. If any of my friends were wearing or people I was always around it would be even easier.

Umm... it's scary to think that you may not even realize just how hypocritical this part of last post was. You just claimed that people don't 'only spot the bad ones', then went on to cite two real-life anecdotes where you spotted other's hairpieces only because they were bad.

Would you be able to spot this one if you didn't know it was a piece?

[attachment=0:3mubevkq]SGG-060001.jpg[/attachment:3mubevkq]

Attachments

• VM._CR0,0,258,258_SS80_.jpg
    VM._CR0,0,258,258_SS80_.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 991
  • SGG-060001.jpg
    SGG-060001.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,025

ithappens

Reaction score
Meta-Monster! said:
ithappens said:
Umm well let just say you're wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Really, about what? Almost everything written in my last post was a rhetorical question. Hence, they were used rhetorically... (consult a dictionary if you're still confused).

ithappens said:
First off, I'm 22 years old, none of my friends etc people I'm close with wear a hair system I can assure you of that, but I have no doubt if one was I could spot it in an instant.

Is that so... In response to your assertion I'll repeat my original question: exactly what expertise do you have with hairpieces? What possible criteria are you using in your fool-proof hair-piece analysis that allows you to 'spot one in an instant'?

ithappens said:
As for living in the dream world using the quote all these hair system places have "you only spot the bad ones", umm no offense but thats a load of s***. As I said before, I don't go around on a daily basis looking for hair systems, and if a guy is wearing one on the street etc and I walk by him I don't notice it because I don't care and I don't see the guy regularly so of course I wouldn't know. There was one time I noticed a guy walking by me on the street with that typical brushed back 90s hair style that screamed piece. I turned around and saw the back of his head, sure enough he didnt even bother to blend the thing. Another time I was sitting in the dining cafeteria at school, and saw a kid with hair that just didn't quite seem right, sure enough after talking to some of his friends he was known as the "rug kid". My point is these were just two random individuals I saw with nice pieces, good quality etc not even people I'm around on a daily basis. If any of my friends were wearing or people I was always around it would be even easier.

Umm... it's scary to think that you may not even realize just how hypocritical this part of last post was. You just claimed that people don't 'only spot the bad ones', then went on to cite two real-life anecdotes where you spotted other's hairpieces only because there were bad.

Would you be able to spot this one if you didn't know it was a piece?

[attachment=0:wwbfqst0]SGG-060001.jpg[/attachment:wwbfqst0]

That's right what expertise would I need to spot a hairpiece on a guy hmm let me think. 22 years of experience on this earth and a set of eyes with decent vision perhaps? :dunno:

Meta-Monster!

Reaction score
ithappens said:
That's right what expertise would I need to spot a hairpiece on a guy hmm let me think. 22 years of experience on this earth and a set of eyes with decent vision perhaps? :dunno:

You're still may be missing the point. If you can spot a hairpiece, it is usually a bad one, and bad hairpieces aren't something I would waste my time learning about or even have an interest in. Great hairpieces, like great hair transplants, are 'great' because they perform their intended function of being undetectable.

What do think the 'differences that makes a difference' are which separate your average joe from a top hair stylist or hair transplant surgeon. Presumably, the latter two have not spent a great deal of their lives in vain constantly refining the distinctions they make about, and their philosophy of, hair. If merely having lived for 22 years and having decent vision was all that was required, then every world famous hair stylist and hair transplant surgeon would probably be a 22 year old with unimpaired vision. (It would beat working for minimum wage at a Starbucks for sure).

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Meta-Monster! said:
In my opinion, male pattern baldness causes the hair that guys still do have to look 'off' or 'fake'. I'm only a Norwood 1.5 or so, and last Thursday afternoon I was suspected of wearing a piece! Since I was suspected of wearing, does that make my hair a hairpiece?

No it just means that you look like a fool, and probably need a haircut.

ithappens

Reaction score
UK don't bother arguing there's no point. Didn't you know the hair pieces they have now a days are so perfect and undectable that most guys who are bald/balding are wearing them. It's the cure to hair loss, it's perfect, undectable, and best off NO ONE KNOWS. That's right they're so perfect that guys are lining up left and right to wear them . Pretty soon every bald man in the world will be wearing one because of how perfect they are, and best off no one will ever know! You know that friend of yours with nice hair or the random guy you see out with a great NW1 hairline more likely than not he's probably wearing a piece. Hell it should be mandatory if you're not at least full NW1.5 hairpiece right away.

:badmood: = meta monster's parade

fyi if you want to wear a hairpiece I'm not arguing the fact that it isn't a bad decision if you know what to expect and have the right attitude. However, as said people will know. meta monster your expectations are way too high. to me it seems you're the type of person that would wear one thinking you're fooling the world, but as soon as someone would finally confront you about it you would either deny it and/or flip out and have a mental breakdown cause your "perfect" hairpiece was dected. I give CCS props if he truely just responded to his friend when asked if it was a wig that it was and that was that. that's the type of mentality you have to have.

s.a.f

Reaction score
TBH I do think that most hairpieces are realistic looking enough to fool the general public, the problems arise when a balding man goes makes the transition from not wearing to wearing of course people will notice the difference.

malibujoe

Established Member
Reaction score
what about the general public that thinks wigs are just gross? the perception of a dead animal sitting on your head. i don't think that perception is there cuz the piece is detectable or not...it's cuz it's fake hair sitting on your head. im not sure how black women get away with wearing weaves and it's so acceptable...but a man wearing a piece is just a sign of weakness.

i find it hard to bite my lip when i spot spot a piece (and it's not hard). i want to crack a joke..but realize that's not cool. the fact i have yet to spot a 'perfect' one doesn't mean there are perfect ones out there that i can't spot cuz they are perfect. they don't exist. they are all detectable. probably more so to the balding guy cuz he's so aware of hair loss, etc.

Meta-Monster!

Reaction score
Alright. I see that it's fruitless debating this any further. So, I'm just going to stop it here.

Ithappens, please seriously consider investing some time and energy into your ability to debate. If you do, there may actually still be hope for you...