My Hair Has Stabilized On finasteride. However When I Use Nizoral I Lose A Ton Of Hair.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Using too much Nizoral can thin hair and make it prone to breakage. Ideally you want to be using it once a week, or less.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
I wish I knew what people mean by “stabilized” hair. Just because only a few come out when you run your hand through your hair doesn’t mean that hairs aren’t still miniaturizing, for instance.

Maybe your hair hasn’t stabilized and Nizoral is not the problem? Don’t know.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish I knew what people mean by “stabilized” hair. Just because only a few come out when you run your hand through your hair doesn’t mean that hairs aren’t still miniaturizing, for instance.

Maybe your hair hasn’t stabilized and Nizoral is not the problem? Don’t know.
Stabilized hair means your male pattern baldness is no long progressing. Has nothing to do with shedding.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With Shampoos like Nizoral I usually have to "scrub" it reasonably hard... at least harder than my other shampoos, so dropping more hairs in the showers because of Noziral is not something I see as unusual. It helped my cause very well, no itch anymore, but I've since then moved on to regenepure DR because it's lighter on the keto but also has some other good stuff in it to keep your hair that you have left healthy and reasonably smooth.

Another proof of this is when I use conditioner after shampooing... even after having rinsed out a lot of the dropped hair (that got left stuck in there throughout the day) with the shampoo I still probably drop more hairs when using conditioner because it's thicker and is probably more likely to get hair glued to your hands than a shampoo that is more "watery".