My Hair Has Now Started Growing Back

Samantha Black

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello Im 43 and have noticed hair falling out over the years. It was embarassing for me. I have been trying so many things and the Dr put me on Vitamin D and told me to used regaine which never really helped.

I then tried to do a more natural approach and go herbal because I am not too keen on put chemicals over my hair any more so option to a natural health store and bought hair loss ointment from them. I cant say that it helped me because I hadn't been on it too long.

What helped me was when I turned to Reiki healing. I know if sounds daft to a of people who dont believe in energy healing but the only way I can put it is everything on the planet is made of energy no matter what way you look at it or the sun.....ok im probably rambling on here

I used far distance healing which probably makes it sound more bizaar but when I told her my problem I could feel what seemed like pins and needle all over the scalp and its been 2 weeks now and I can see new routes coming up because I have jet black hair.

I just thought I would share it hair. I will give it a couple of weeks the get another session

femmemuscle

My Regimen
Reaction score
i think any meditation might be helpful. I threw out all of my "Hair Growth Products" - and started working on meditation. Binaural Beats was a good start for me. For one, It helped me to stop stressing so much. If you go to amazon.com there is a Binaural Beats meditation for pretty much anything.

I think the premise is pretty much - "relaxation". It doesn't matter whether it's through, Binaurals, Theta Waves, Reiki, Yoga. Relaxation is the key to de-stressing the body in order for HgH to be released as well as dilating the arteries for better flow to the scalp, face and brain.

Makes sense.:)

Samantha Black

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I know less stress helps too. I actually to EFT to help me. Emotional Freedom Technique. It has helped me a lot with my epilepsy, stress and anxiety too. It aclso helps me sleep. You can easily go on YouTube a learn it and it doesn't cost anything as you do it yourself.

Samantha Black

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok here are the before and after pics. The before is a pic I took about 6 weeks ago. The other one is 3 weeks after reiki healing. I'm not saying it's a miracle but haven't dyed my hair yet so looks very grey

Attachments

• IMG_3419.JPG
    IMG_3419.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 2,489
  • IMG_3603.JPG
    IMG_3603.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 2,246

Hairlane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, I agree with natural approach to, will try. I did an experiment. I shaved both legs, coconut oil and olive on each leg.
The olive oil promoted faster growth. Actually though, my skin looked far better using coconut and actually delayed hair growth. So I've been using olive cold pressed grocery store stuff, on q tip mildly for hair loss areas and eyebrows and they are darker thicker. coconut and olive both equally make eye area (skin only) look rested and youthful next day. Coconut on just hair...great, scalp I would not, my experience.

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reiki, for aggressive hair loss? I am sorry, but my own mother practices this religiously, has published papers on Yoga and cancer and is a professor at a well respected university and Reiki, acupuncture, holistic remedies didn't do a thing for her hair loss. I am sorry for being skeptical OP, but I think what you had was Telogen Effluvium. perhaps a couple bouts of it, like I did. It tapered off and you grew your hair back.

Please don't be fooled that Reiki alone can conquer hair loss. The majority of hair loss caused by Androgenetic Alopecia, AA, AU, etc... is created by very distinct biochemical mechanisms. Reiki will not alter these pathways, at all. I have my MS in molecular bio and was a professor for years. Holistic approaches are amazing, when it comes to certain things. when it comes to diseases or conditions that you are GENETICALLY predisposed to, it will do nothing.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reiki, for aggressive hair loss? I am sorry, but my own mother practices this religiously, has published papers on Yoga and cancer and is a professor at a well respected university and Reiki, acupuncture, holistic remedies didn't do a thing for her hair loss. I am sorry for being skeptical OP, but I think what you had was Telogen Effluvium. perhaps a couple bouts of it, like I did. It tapered off and you grew your hair back.

Please don't be fooled that Reiki alone can conquer hair loss. The majority of hair loss caused by Androgenetic Alopecia, AA, AU, etc... is created by very distinct biochemical mechanisms. Reiki will not alter these pathways, at all. I have my MS in molecular bio and was a professor for years. Holistic approaches are amazing, when it comes to certain things. when it comes to diseases or conditions that you are GENETICALLY predisposed to, it will do nothing.

Im with you my friend.

Unless its her autoimmune (nothing to do with Androgenetic Alopecia) there is no reason to think relaxation is going to cause her hair to grow. And even if its her autoimmune its highly unlikely. If its AA is so unpredictable on how it can go into remission its hard to tell what causes it.

Hairlane

My Regimen
Reaction score

But if it's hair loss caused by stress could it aid? I'm really interested. I certainly would like to hear reply from educated and experienced persons, so I appreciate hearing the other side. I was told my hair loss is most likely stress related by my doctor, I finally agree because stress wreaks havoc on everything. Again loved hearing from all sides. I just want to hear what works! I hear so much about estradiol. Why aren't more women checked for that being an issue? Just saying. I'm so excited to try reiki

Last edited:

Hairlane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im with you my friend.

Unless its her autoimmune (nothing to do with Androgenetic Alopecia) there is no reason to think relaxation is going to cause her hair to grow. And even if its her autoimmune its highly unlikely. If its AA is so unpredictable on how it can go into remission its hard to tell what causes it.
Do you know wh
Hello Im 43 and have noticed hair falling out over the years. It was embarassing for me. I have been trying so many things and the Dr put me on Vitamin D and told me to used regaine which never really helped.

I then tried to do a more natural approach and go herbal because I am not too keen on put chemicals over my hair any more so option to a natural health store and bought hair loss ointment from them. I cant say that it helped me because I hadn't been on it too long.

What helped me was when I turned to Reiki healing. I know if sounds daft to a of people who dont believe in energy healing but the only way I can put it is everything on the planet is made of energy no matter what way you look at it or the sun.....ok im probably rambling on here

I used far distance healing which probably makes it sound more bizaar but when I told her my problem I could feel what seemed like pins and needle all over the scalp and its been 2 weeks now and I can see new routes coming up because I have jet black hair.

I just thought I would share it hair. I will give it a couple of weeks the get another session
Ok here are the before and after pics. The before is a pic I took about 6 weeks ago. The other one is 3 weeks after reiki healing. I'm not saying it's a miracle but haven't dyed my hair yet so looks very grey
Amazing....by the way, my grandmother's last name was black! ☺

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But if it's hair loss caused by stress could it aid? I'm really interested. I certainly would like to hear reply from educated and experienced persons, so I appreciate hearing the other side. I was told my hair loss is most likely stress related by my doctor, I finally agree because stress wreaks havoc on everything. Again loved hearing from all sides. I just want to hear what works! I hear so much about estradiol. Why aren't more women checked for that being an issue? Just saying. I'm so excited to try reiki

I would make sure its is indeed stress or autoimmune hair loss and not genetic DHT type hair loss

Even if it is autoimmune not guarantee this will help--its only if it is in dee your trigger--your body also does not need a trigger its an autoimmune disease its your autoimmune misfiring some times no reason you can figure out.

I would get a biopsy maybe even two and make sure 'what' is causing hair loss. Get blood work check ferritin, vitamin D etc these also won't 'cause' hair loss but can contribute if your having problems.

Before spending a Dime on Reikie--i would do a biopsy.

Hairlane

My Regimen
Reaction score

In this case Reiki can help you.
I know I see her results, and that's what I would like to hear about natural.

Hairlane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to add, if you use try the olive oil method go light. Like I'm applying with q tip, light treatment. I also will clean area with q tip with water or witch hazel on occasion. Another important.....less oil less likely to trap dirt or clog. Having just enough to nourish doesn't take much.

Hairlane

My Regimen
Reaction score

Don't you see her growth? It worked when she did that treatment.

femmemuscle

My Regimen
Reaction score
Buckthorn and Armando do have a point. I have to admit that. I started listening to the binaural beats about 2 months ago. There has been significant fill-in of the bald spots, to the point where my boyfriend of 15 years is saying that he hadn't seen this much growth in 10 years.

Here's also something significant that might have attributed to the growth? I finally quit working in a high stress job in the field medicine. (after a couple of decades).. We're talking not only 12 to 18 hour days, plus, being called all night - probably getting 4 hours sleep - if that. For over 15 years this happened with the expectation from Administration that we damn well better not show the patients that we are stressed, tired, over worked, malnourished, or irritated due to lack of sleep. (This in the realm of physician and physician assistants.) When the physician was called in for a case, he didn't want to be bothered with at 2:00 a.m., then the PA - would have to go in for him.

The medical field has become a huge business. Get them in, get them out, and "make sure they have a positive experience - even if it kills you." It's the same mentality all over this country. I tried contracting, and it's the same all over.

Once i made that decision to quit. I could see, growth. When i started listening to the binaural beats? The bald spots are filling in slowly.

Thus, i'm seeing two "de-stressers" that have helped. But i'm also thinking in the same vein that if this were "the serious" type of alopecia? I don't think i would see any results at all.

femmemuscle

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, i was on the alopecia world forum, and there was a person raving about that "miracle" pill, xeljanz?

Here's the clincher, because alopecia is an autoimmune disorder, if you suppress the autoimmune system by taking this pill - you'll have this "miraculous" hair growth.

I thought people would think twice about this due to the fact that, suppressing the autoimmune system can be a problem. folks are flocking on that forum willing to go to any lengths to grow their hair back.

Plus, the treatment is not cheap. anyone else hear anything about it?

Samantha Black

My Regimen
Reaction score
She told me I will look for any blockages and can't promise you anything about your hair but I will balance out the hormones and you may see results that way. The tingling on my head MAY have been her knowing that was my main concern if she found the blockages