My girlfriend wants me to go bald

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
just your regular white guy mix haha. My Great Grandfather came here from Germany after fighting in WWI so mostly German. But I have quite a bit of English and Scottish too.

Speaking of the Native American. I have an a tribal membership card which allows me money for school, medical care and stuff. It's funny how many bad looks I get from people when I go to the designated Indian clinics. I look more like General Custer than I do one of them haha.
damn cool haha . . . . germans are awesome . RAMMSTEIN! also very beautiful women ;)

and dam this girl sound so messed up lol

sad . . . . i wonder what ****ed her head?

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Haha yeah, my grandfather was hardcore from what I heard. He apparently had shrapnel still in his back from his time fighting.

Yeah, I wouldn't say she has mental problems, just very emotionally scarred. She had things happen to her as a kid that a lot of unfortunate girls experience, as a result of a lot of sick old men out there. It's sad, she's extremely beautiful and has a good heart.

Her Dad is just as cold as distant as can be. I really want to help her, it's just not working. Makes one feel pretty hopeless.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha yeah, my grandfather was hardcore from what I heard. He apparently had shrapnel still in his back from his time fighting.

Yeah, I wouldn't say she has mental problems, just very emotionally scarred. She had things happen to her as a kid that a lot of unfortunate girls experience, as a result of a lot of sick old men out there. It's sad, she's extremely beautiful and has a good heart.

Her Dad is just as cold as distant as can be. I really want to help her, it's just not working. Makes one feel pretty hopeless.
oh dam . . . . . .. you dont have to say it directly then, i can deduce just from that . . . . . . wow yea its messed up how heartless some of our gender can be . . . . . .

one bad apple ruin things for years for many good apples :(

ah daddy issues then eh?

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree, molesters and pedophiles should be castrated and sent to prison I think. If anyone did that to my little sisters I would do all I could to ruin their life.

Surprisingly no daddy issues, she doesn't know what it's like to have a warm father. When she met my dad she thought it was weird how nice he was, and she didn't take to my family's hugging either. We hug everyone who's a friend or semi-part of the family. Typical Southern greeting haha.

BlackSheep

Established Member
Reaction score
You're right, and this is the advice I always gave to friends with girlfriends like this. Im finding out that it's hard for me to take my own advice haha.

Im not afraid of being single, it's just every time we almost break up she starts saying how horrible she is and starts crying. Sympathy always pulls me back.

Taking your post at face value you're a good guy with a good heart, man.

Although, we always have to remember that the insecure take advantage of that by plucking away at the sympathy heartstrings.

If your conscience actively knows this isn't the right path, it'll only be a matter of time before something happens that will force the event to transpire. Whether that's you "snapping" after a long time of tolerating or something else, who knows?

With that in mind, it'd be preferable to end things on your own terms ASAP, as that'll assure a better outcome for YOU much more.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, I appreciate the kind words. I agree, Im afraid that it will keep going until a major fight breaks us up, and I hate things ending like that. No matter what, when we do end it she'll never talk to me again. She says she couldn't because it would be too hard. Weird for me because over time I've become friends with most of my exes.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah it can seem that way. At the same time though, a lot of us may have been more douchey had we kept our full heads of hair. Sometimes it levels people out.

Met plenty of bald tools too though. :/

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
With me though i never really cherished my hair when i had it i remember not caring and being annoyed with it cause it always stuck up...and when it first started to go i didnt really care for it then either i was more worried what about others think...cause the baldING look is horrible i dont care who you are...i think thats why i was able to cope with it in the end cause people here LOVE their hair they probably styled it while i didnt do anything with it and it was just there.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I used to be so frustrated with how thick my hair was and the stupid cowlick at the crown. That's a southern term i think so I don't know what anyone else calls it. Anyway, the irony of my hair frustration is painfully obvious haha.

Hey Monty, long time since I've seen you around here. Hope all is well. She and I are on a break. Every time I've mentioned breakups she cries and Im a softy who can't go through with it haha.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good hear you're holding up well. Yeah, I know I should get out and I almost have many times. It's just how much she cries and how sad she gets that makes me stick it out.

I also tend to get bored in relationships unfortunately. :/

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Good hear you're holding up well. Yeah, I know I should get out and I almost have many times. It's just how much she cries and how sad she gets that makes me stick it out.

I also tend to get bored in relationships unfortunately. :/
Thom, I did too until I found some women who can be very stimulating intellectually, witty and help you evolve to a much higher level. Once you find these type of women( and trust me they are very hard to find) you will finally be more stimulated and less bored. You are dating below your level intellectually. This can lead to boredom.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I hate to agree with you but I've been feeling that that is the case. GPA wise I would say she's smarter but Im someone who likes to talk deep, about everything from history to the meaning of the universe. I mean, in no way am I a genius...Im a year away from teaching high school. I just need to have interesting conversations beyond someone's day at work, how much they don't like their family, and their pets. I get absolutely miserable...I mean so much so that Im venting online because I can't tell her and hurt her feelings.

- - - Updated - - -

As I posted that she text me complaining about her family. Honestly, I can't blame her because they are cold and snobby but for that to be the main topic you hear about for months is draining.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Thom, you nailed it when you said you like to talk deep about everything. That is what I should have made clear in my above post. Those are the type of conversations I have with my group of friends. Just my opinion, but if you don't cut the cord soon, you are going to hurt her feelings even more as she becomes even more co-depedant on you. The fire is growing, if you don't put it out, you both are going to get burned severely. Take it from someone who has been in your shoes, the truth will always set you free. It may hurt but you both will grow from it.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
lmfao. like a higher gpa makes you smarter.

OOOOOOOOOOOH you can memorize pointless information better *rolls eyes*.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree House, you know the funny thing is that she tells me most married people (the ones in her family) don't have much in common or much to talk about so I'm hoping for a fantasy. It got me thinking, what if she's right? Is that girl with endless fun conversations only in my dreams and should I just forget that and stick with a girl who would just be devoted to me? I know it's not grounded but after months of being with someone they start wearing on you like that. We've been on a break for two weeks and I told her when we see each other again if everything goes bad we're done for good.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Alex! I agree, and she likes my hair alright...would probably go for anything I wanted. It's just a bit alarming that she wishes I was balder/fatter so no other girls would notice me. I've kept it shoulder length just to display my stubborness haha.

Exodus, well there's seems to be two types of intelligent people from my point of view. The book smart ones and the street smart ones. Book smart people may have a lot of knowledge and emotional/logical intelligence may not be their strong suit....these people tend to not get sarcastic/dry humor. Street smart to me doesn't just mean you can talk a good game, it just means you're able to analyze better and see things for what they are. Anyway, of course those are broad stereotypes and there are people who have both, but my girlfriend is primarily just book smart to be honest. If you're familiar with Gardner's different types of intelligence, it's quite fascinating stuff.