My friend thinks the Food we eat causes Acne/Hairloss

Reaction score
zeroes said:
MisterMister said:
My friend and his family are natural eaters. I used to laugh at him and his hippy family all the time growing up because they wouldn't allow him to drink sodas, eat red meat, or any meat bought from grocery stores.

If there was any truth to this whole thing, male pattern baldness would be a recent problem.

If this was true why is history books full of bald guys from the beginning of time?

True. Baldness on men has been noted since the beginning of written history. You can look at the earliest photographs from the mid 1800's and there will be bald males in some of the pictures. Were those guys eating "junk" food or foods filled with preservatives in 1862?

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MarkMaybeakook said:
zeroes said:
MisterMister said:
My friend and his family are natural eaters. I used to laugh at him and his hippy family all the time growing up because they wouldn't allow him to drink sodas, eat red meat, or any meat bought from grocery stores.

If there was any truth to this whole thing, male pattern baldness would be a recent problem.

If this was true why is history books full of bald guys from the beginning of time?

True. Baldness on men has been noted since the beginning of written history. You can look at the earliest photographs from the mid 1800's and there will be bald males in some of the pictures. Were those guys eating "junk" food or foods filled with preservatives in 1862?

no... but I'm pretty sure no one was balding in their teens/twenties.

Regarding acne: THAT IS A NEW THING! Acne was not nearly as common as it was 50 years ago...

Cassin

Reaction score
zeroes said:
MisterMister said:

Righto

Just look at Greek statues

A healthy body certainly functions better but that doesn't have anything to do with male pattern baldness. Only true deficiencies

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
MarkMaybeakook said:

Good point! Furthermore, all stumptailed macaques go bald, too. Do those little critters eat "junk" food and foods filled with preservatives out there in the wild? :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
2020 said:
MarkMaybeakook said:

no... but I'm pretty sure no one was balding in their teens/twenties.

How do you know?? :dunno:

2020 said:
Regarding acne: THAT IS A NEW THING! Acne was not nearly as common as it was 50 years ago...

I can't figure out what it is you're trying to say! Parse those sentences about acne again, and see if you can make more sense out of them.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
I can't figure out what it is you're trying to say! Parse those sentences about acne again, and see if you can make more sense out of them.

I'm trying to say that acne was non-existant just a couple decades ago...

Reaction score
2020 said:
Bryan said:

Boy is that ever a completely erroneous statement.

Cassin

Reaction score
2020 said:
Bryan said:

Except for the small part where even the Egyptians had topicals to treat it

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
2020 said:

LOL!!! Are you serious?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

armandein

Established Member
Reaction score
MisterMister said:
I've known this guy for many years and I just talked to him recently and couldn't help but noticed his hairline and clean complexion through all the years. He never had acne, and his hair was always thick.

What about the lenght and density of scalp hair in this family?

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I will say that, as a teenager, when I stopped drinking soda or eating things with a lot of sugar in them my acne went away. Even now when I've started drinking soda again I get pimples. I just choose to stay away from it altogether these days.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Definitely not new haha. Teens have always encountered terrible oily skin haha.

kc444

Established Member
Reaction score
Thom said:
I will say that, as a teenager, when I stopped drinking soda or eating things with a lot of sugar in them my acne went away. Even now when I've started drinking soda again I get pimples. I just choose to stay away from it altogether these days.

Yeah, me too. My dermatologist always said it's a myth, but it's definitely not. Maybe foods don't cause acne in someone who isn't prone to it, but it seems to worsen it in those who are. I can feel my skin getting more oily after I eat junk food or drink soda.

cs2

Reaction score
abcdefg said:
You need to prove to me how athletes and many other perfect diet people go bald then if male pattern baldness is controlled through diet or if its significantly slowed. Explain how that happens.
Acne could be linked to diet its a separate issue we are talking hair loss.
I know personally guys that eat like gods zero garbage at all. They have strong family history and each kid one after the other goes bald. Not sure how that diet is helping but it sure dont look like it helps their hair that much.
A good diet is good for you but I hate people that proclaim it makes life perfect your still going to get old and die just like everyone else maybe some more years of bingo at the end.

No offense.
I think athletes may not as healthy as people think. Because they have many stress due to competition. They have a lot of training that would be an overload and bundle to the body. They eat high energy food. They eat a lot. It makes their digestive system overloaded. And during training, they may take steroid or hormone to improve the result. It is not good too.

So although many athletes have a healthy image, I don't think they are really healthy.

cuebald

Reaction score
and of course some of the worlds fittest athletes are bald.
here's another acne anecdote: well I always ate junk when I was a teen and never had even 1 spot. my friend who's face was covered with acne went on a "purge" cutting out all sweets, junk, sh*t, etc and it didn't make a bit of difference.

I mean I'd rather just eat tasty food than cut it out forever for the sake of gaining half a Norwood, which is all the difference diet is likely to make. (thank god there's finasteride eh? :mrgreen:)

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
...and why the drug addicts continue to troll the natural section of this forum, I'll never know.

akp22191

Reaction score
Actually, there is some truth to both I think. I am a good example of both. I drink milk twice a day everyday; or used to I would say. I've stopped drinking the milk and my acne has cleared up a ton. Also lets take a look at specific races born and brought up in their home country such as Asians & South Asians. Young men back then from China, Japan, & India didn't really go bald as early as us Americans who are going bald in their 20's. Heck even now they don't go as fast. I dare someone to go to China, Japan, and India. Walk around a college campus full of students in their 20's; you'll have a hard time finding someone loosing their hair. Also what's the coincidence that my dad started balding all the way at a late age of 42 & me at 21. Oh yeah & did I mention my mom's father full head of hair, dad's father full hair, dad's brother full hair, moms brother full hair; but hold on mom's youngest brother who came to America first and got accustomed to western culture hair loss. Kids growing up in America no matter what their race is tend to grow taller and stronger then their dads for some weird reason. My dad just by looking at his face shows no sign of high testesterone, while me on the other hand am taller, broader shoulders, strong jawline & cheekbones. I mean I'm south asians & south asians aren't suppose to have high testesterone, but I do. I grew up eating meat and drinking milk= all hormone boosters. Yes it's helpful in the early stages of development, but if you continue it excessively then I think it could trigger the male pattern baldness gene much earlier then usual. I'm not saying genetics is important, because it's the number one thing that's important. But if you're genetically programmed to get the male pattern baldness gene in your late 30's & 40's, then how the hell are many young men in their early 20's loosing their hair? There's a lot more then there used to be. So **** all the doctors who say it's only genetics. Because there is something that's causing younger man to bald faster then their dads, uncles, grandfathers, etc.

jazz1

Reaction score
This is 100% correct, I cured my alopecia areata as tap water chemicals, flouride, chlorine, dd, arsenic etc I tested it cause auto immune disease who have the acceptable gene. I cured this aswell as my hairdresser who had it by fitting reverse osmosis and water softner shower filters etc. to my amaze my patches regrew back in 3 weeks and my hairdresser was correct. Everything we now eat including the environment is changing our genetic codes causing woman to also bald. The worst part we fund this drug companies who love us paying them for treatments, even worse part the Vegas and greens etc are now genetically modified GMO Monsanto seeds also cause cancers. 95% of our diseases lies within our foods and water and that's a FACT!!!

- - - Updated - - -

and of course some of the worlds fittest athletes are bald.
here's another acne anecdote: well I always ate junk when I was a teen and never had even 1 spot. my friend who's face was covered with acne went on a "purge" cutting out all sweets, junk, ****, etc and it didn't make a bit of difference.

I mean I'd rather just eat tasty food than cut it out forever for the sake of gaining half a Norwood, which is all the difference diet is likely to make. (thank god there's finasteride eh? :mrgreen:)
Yea laughing is easy without knowledge goon :) go research even the health stuff is mixed with animals genes!!