My friend thinks the Food we eat causes Acne/Hairloss

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
My friend and his family are natural eaters. I used to laugh at him and his hippy family all the time growing up because they wouldn't allow him to drink sodas, eat red meat, or any meat bought from grocery stores.

I remember going to there house and they mainly harvested their own foods, veggies, and fruits and ate beans and would catch their own salmon fish up in Northern California.

I've known this guy for many years and I just talked to him recently and couldn't help but noticed his hairline and clean complexion through all the years. He never had acne, and his hair was always thick.

His father is in his 70s and still has a full head of hair and its dark. He has 4 other brothers and all of them have thick head of hair. All of them were on an organic diet and never ate candies like skittles, snickers, sodas, red meats, etc.

They were not vegan or vegetarians, they ate chicken eggs, fresh fish, and lots of veggies and fruits, and legumes.

I was a bit embarrassed to ask him about his hair, but I told him he was lucky that he had a clean complexion and full head of hair, and told him he must have good genetics it must run in the family, he told me actually his moms side all of her brothers are bald. He said his fathers side the last bald person was his great, great, great grandfather. He said his fathers side followed a strictly organic diet for years an years, they didn't even eat pastries.

I found this hard to believe, but he told me during the biblical times they didn't have Acne, he said a lot of food we eat and milk we drink today is filled with hormones, and the stuff we clean our body with is filled with chemicals that cause young girls to mature at an earlier age and cause acne and other things like hairloss and vision problems.

I kinda laughed because I am a science guy and told him there has been no such proof that if you eat clean that you can prevent acne or hairloss, and that they don't know what causes Acne and there are people without hairloss or acne who eat candies, drink sodas, and eat red meat, he told me those people are exceptions to the rule, and that just because some people don't get symptoms doesn't mean others wont as well. He said people don't realize the saying you are what you eat is very true, he said if you have kids, from an early age let them eat clean and don't give them anything with chemicals or hormones in them and you will see how healthy they will be.

He told me don't always trust companies when they tell you things are not true, he said these shampoo companies, and medical companies will go out of business if they were to push a healthy way of life, he said they rely on people with ailments to make huge capitalist gains and if there were no more people suffering from preventable diseases these companies would no longer make profit or exist, the more sick people the better for these drug companies. He makes sense.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree about the Acne... there is no money to be made by telling people to eat healthy.

waiting for a middle-aged NW5 guy to respond how it's ALL about genetics... :whistle:

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
2020 said:
I agree about the Acne... there is no money to be made by telling people to eat healthy.

waiting for a middle-aged NW5 guy to respond how it's ALL about genetics... :whistle:

Elvis Presley started getting acne when he was eating junk food when they started using transfat in donuts and pastries. He was told to stop and his acne cleared up, he didn't continue to eat junk food again till he was older and that is when he got bloated and fat.

Diet has plenty to do with Acne and other physical things, I remember they did a study on some monkey and the pictures side to side were of two monkeys the same age but one ate small meals that were healthy, and the other was fed some unhealthy junk and over ate, the monkey that ate healthy had good posture and looked so young and full of life and healthy. The monkey that ate junk food type stuff looked miserable and old, with a droopy body fat, and gray hairs.

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
2020 said:

Yep but you have to admit candy/chocolates are rather nice ! I know quite a few guys who say that they would rather enjoy their life eating what they want then live a miserable life resricting them selves.

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
Foods can help, stop or not, each body will react differently

Look Douglas Graham, Raw Vegan but Bald

dr_douglas_graham_on_candida_part_1-28434.jpg

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
dpdr said:

Looks to me he has Traction Alopecia from pulling his long hair back into a pony tail.

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
MisterMister said:
dpdr said:

Looks to me he has Traction Alopecia from pulling his long hair back into a pony tail.

Don't talk ridiculous ! The man has androgenetic alopecia. Diet can help with those that have fungal infections, it may even help inflammation caused by genetic alopecia but that's about it. In general your only hope comes with meds, or transplants, if they fail , your basically f.u.c.k.e.d

MisterMister

Established Member
Reaction score
majorsixth said:
MisterMister said:
dpdr said:

Don't talk ridiculous ! The man has androgenetic alopecia. Diet can help with those that have fungal infections, it may even help inflammation caused by genetic alopecia but that's about it. In general your only hope comes with meds, or transplants, if they fail , your basically f.u.c.k.e.d

How come there are some tribes that never get gray hair? they have thick dark black hair even in their 80s? I saw some video of south american tribes and they still have dark thick hair and 20 20 vision into old age. The guy who visited them said the diet is why they dont get balled, have no acne, and still have good vision and memory. They don't eat steak either, mainly fish, and other berries and greens there. I think the chemicals that are put into fast foods, red meats, and other things we eat have something to do with a lot of the cancers, hair loss, acne, etc we see today. They put Pink sludge in Big Mac burgers, because the meat they use is the4 scraps the give to the dogs and in order for humans to consume the meat it has to be disinfected with pink goo.

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
Posted by"MisterMister"

How come there are some tribes that never get gray hair? they have thick dark black hair even in their 80s? I saw some video of south american tribes and they still have dark thick hair and 20 20 vision into old age. The guy who visited them said the diet is why they dont get balled, have no acne, and still have good vision and memory. They don't eat steak either, mainly fish, and other berries and greens there. I think the chemicals that are put into fast foods, red meats, and other things we eat have something to do with a lot of the cancers, hair loss, acne, etc we see today. They put Pink sludge in Big Mac burgers, because the meat they use is the4 scraps the give to the dogs and in order for humans to consume the meat it has to be disinfected with pink goo.

I won't deny that the quality of food these days isn't full of chemicals and garbage. Yes this substandard food no doubt as it's health implications.

It's possible that hormones given to live stock may influence puberty in men earlier so the effects of androgenetic alopecia appear sooner, however, the condition would still begin in those predisposed.

Androgenetic alopecia isn't a new issue, it's been around for a very long time well before processsed food was involved.

Evolution starts off changes which are supposed to be genetically passed down the line to the following generations, and continues till the changes are complete. So eventually everyone will be bald this includes women since their numbers with the condition are also on the increase.

I think following a good balanced diet is wise for health reasons, but don't get disappointed if you don't see your hair regrow.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
majorsixth said:
It's possible that hormones given to live stock may influence puberty in men earlier so the effects of androgenetic alopecia appear sooner, however, the condition would still begin in those predisposed..

And that's our entire argument :)
Sure, people who have male pattern baldness gene, WILL go bald eventually, but all this crappy lifestyle probably accelerates the process.

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
posted by 2020

but all this crappy lifestyle probably accelerates the process.

I didn't say accelerate ? I merely said it might prematurely induce the predisposed condition. ie. Instead of it starting at 17 it may be 15. Never the less the magnitude and frequency of the loss would be the same.

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score
For me, Raw Vegan helped me a lot in the male pattern baldness "I'm cured", but others believe that not going to help

abcdefg

Reaction score
You need to prove to me how athletes and many other perfect diet people go bald then if male pattern baldness is controlled through diet or if its significantly slowed. Explain how that happens.
Acne could be linked to diet its a separate issue we are talking hair loss.
I know personally guys that eat like gods zero garbage at all. They have strong family history and each kid one after the other goes bald. Not sure how that diet is helping but it sure dont look like it helps their hair that much.
A good diet is good for you but I hate people that proclaim it makes life perfect your still going to get old and die just like everyone else maybe some more years of bingo at the end.

majorsixth

Established Member
Reaction score
abcdefg said:
You need to prove to me how athletes and many other perfect diet people go bald then if male pattern baldness is controlled through diet or if its significantly slowed. Explain how that happens.
Acne could be linked to diet its a separate issue we are talking hair loss.
I know personally guys that eat like gods zero garbage at all. They have strong family history and each kid one after the other goes bald. Not sure how that diet is helping but it sure dont look like it helps their hair that much.
A good diet is good for you but I hate people that proclaim it makes life perfect your still going to get old and die just like everyone else maybe some more years of bingo at the end.

In those that have hair loss related to fungal infections such as candidiasis, diet will help immensely, however, if the condition is androgentic alopecia then it's not going to make any difference.

Still, following a good diet for health and longevity is an excellent idea if you want to be able to participate in the bingo that you make reference to :woot:

Reaction score
If only Ron Howard would have eaten better he wouldn't be bald as a cue ball. You would think someone who was an actor from such a young age and a famous hollywood director would know to watch his diet.

abcdefg

Reaction score
The point of what I said was that diet while good for you does not help with hair loss maybe not even at all. I think prison is a great example like one of my favorite shows lock up. Here you have tons of men living decades all eating the same diets which are not very good by most standards. Some of the guys have no hair loss at all and some do. Its hard to explain some men having zero hair loss if diet controlled that or even influenced it to any cosmetic degree. Again most guys that are old with Norwood 0 teenage hair lines have little to no facial hair for their age. Lots of asians and koreans are also like that. Its androgen dependant just like science tells us its just that current treatments do not do good enough job.

Nex

Established Member
Reaction score
In my opinion if you have have the male pattern baldness gene then yes diet can help. If you have an anti-inflammtroy diet you can slow your hair loss down (I dont think it will stop it but it will slow down how quickly you lose your hair, you could buy yourself a few more years with hair)

I think by eating foods that are low in the glycimic index, eating 4-5 meals a day instead of 3 large meals, and drinking plenty of water will help.

Reaction score
Nex said:
In my opinion if you have have the male pattern baldness gene then yes diet can help. If you have an anti-inflammtroy diet you can slow your hair loss down (I dont think it will stop it but it will slow down how quickly you lose your hair, you could buy yourself a few more years with hair)

I think by eating foods that are low in the glycimic index, eating 4-5 meals a day instead of 3 large meals, and drinking plenty of water will help.

Disagree with that. If you have the male pattern baldness gene there isn't a lot you can do besides use minoxidil, finasteride, dutasteride, or hair transplant. Eating healthy is great for a variety of reasons, but it's not going to "cure" anyone's male pattern baldness.

zeroes

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MisterMister said:
My friend and his family are natural eaters. I used to laugh at him and his hippy family all the time growing up because they wouldn't allow him to drink sodas, eat red meat, or any meat bought from grocery stores.

If there was any truth to this whole thing, male pattern baldness would be a recent problem.

If this was true why is history books full of bald guys from the beginning of time?

Nex

Established Member
Reaction score
MarkMaybeakook said:
Nex said:

Disagree with that. If you have the male pattern baldness gene there isn't a lot you can do besides use minoxidil, finasteride, dutasteride, or hair transplant. Eating healthy is great for a variety of reasons, but it's not going to "cure" anyone's male pattern baldness.

Show me where I said that it was going to cure male pattern baldness? I said it could possibly SLOW your hair loss down.