My First Progress Update And Future Expectations/advice

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
R u still using high strength minoxidil? Do u think it offers more benefit than standard 5%? Where do u purchase it from? Do u use it all over? Thanks

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
R u still using high strength minoxidil? Do u think it offers more benefit than standard 5%? Where do u purchase it from? Do u use it all over? Thanks
I think higher concentration is always better up to a point although I can't verify it as I also use 5%. I get mines from the belgravia centre and apply it on crown and temples

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi! Thanks for the sharing your story.

Could you tell a little more about micro-dosing of Finasteride? Have you experienced any sides? Why did you choose 0.5mg? (Somewhere on the forum I saw that 0.25 should do its job as well).

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi! Thanks for the sharing your story.

Could you tell a little more about micro-dosing of Finasteride? Have you experienced any sides? Why did you choose 0.5mg? (Somewhere on the forum I saw that 0.25 should do its job as well).
I bought a pill cutter and i use this to half my 1mg pill. The reasons i do this are two fold: first of all, propeci has a fairly flat dose response curve(1mg inhibits up to 70% dht while 0.5 up to 60 odd percent). Halfing it also makes it much cheaper for me(£25 a month just)

I am havjng no sides on 0.5mg and it leaves me plenty of room to bulk up my regimen(1mg, duasteride, etc) should i need to in future

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No sides, slightly more watery ejaculate but not a big issue
We are the same age it seems, i wish I had hoped on finasteride around the same time as you, hair deteriorated big time this past year smh, finally started finasteride around 2 weeks ago

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We are the same age it seems, i wish I had hoped on finasteride around the same time as you, hair deteriorated big time this past year smh, finally started finasteride around 2 weeks ago
What's your norwood at the minute?

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
More than 3,but less than 4,im in a bad situation
If it's recent hair loss then you never know what might happen with meds. Wish I'd started earlier too tbh, my crown thinning was very noticeble before I started

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Me too (Yeah it' still thinner but a lot better than before). I've always said to myself "If I could just keep what I have, I can deal with it!". Seeing yourself get worse and worse is the slow torture. If you can "keep what you have", and have enough hair so that concealers work, then in my book that's something. I've been able to pretty much "keep what I have" for 10 years with Rogain, last year on .5 ml finasteride, and using concealers.

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too (Yeah it' still thinner but a lot better than before). I've always said to myself "If I could just keep what I have, I can deal with it!". Seeing yourself get worse and worse is the slow torture. If you can "keep what you have", and have enough hair so that concealers work, then in my book that's something. I've been able to pretty much "keep what I have" for 10 years with Rogain, last year on .5 ml finasteride, and using concealers.
Yeah man even with my nw2 I still have a normal sized forehead, bigger than most of my friends but still a fourhead and smaller than some fullheads. Worst thing about crown thinning is getting hair wet, going to magaluf this summer so this will be inevitable haha.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah man even with my nw2 I still have a normal sized forehead, bigger than most of my friends but still a fourhead and smaller than some fullheads. Worst thing about crown thinning is getting hair wet, going to magaluf this summer so this will be inevitable haha.
I know some people will puke when I say this, but I use shoe wax in the pool. Thickens the hair, covers the scalp, and it will not wash out unless I guess you are swimming 8 hours...I bet there are other wax products. I guess you are limited to black or brown though...

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: not posted any pics on this thread in a while so thought I would share some newer ones. My hairline has stayed the same, crown has really improved as well as overall thickness and hair quality. Also attached a picture side on to show donor area a bit more and how hairline looks from a different angle

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180317-091710.png
    Screenshot_20180317-091710.png
    395.5 KB · Views: 362
  • Screenshot_20180317-091714.png
    Screenshot_20180317-091714.png
    408.8 KB · Views: 340
  • Screenshot_20180317-091718.png
    Screenshot_20180317-091718.png
    441.6 KB · Views: 334
  • Screenshot_20180317-091730.png
    Screenshot_20180317-091730.png