My first order online...what a failure!

Sharkboy68

My Regimen
Reaction score
Firstly I've been researching hair systems for a while now, had a failed hair transplant and this is my only option now. I ordered my first system online with a company in China, not sure if I'm allowed to name them as not sure of rules.

I provided measurements for base size, asked for 15% less density as they offered that service, also paid for a haircut and styling service. Again supplied pictures and measurements for the haircut.

The system turns up today and none of my requests have been done. It's standard 10 x 8 base, no density removal and no haircut! Total failure.
I'm angry, frustrated and mostly disenchanted. I live in a very rural location so went this route to make life easier.
They offered to refund if I send back, but why should I pay for a world courier service when it's their mistakes and I've already paid for delivery courier service.

Feels like I've pinned my hopes on this and now think whats the fffing point.

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Firstly I've been researching hair systems for a while now, had a failed hair transplant and this is my only option now. I ordered my first system online with a company in China, not sure if I'm allowed to name them as not sure of rules.

I provided measurements for base size, asked for 15% less density as they offered that service, also paid for a haircut and styling service. Again supplied pictures and measurements for the haircut.

The system turns up today and none of my requests have been done. It's standard 10 x 8 base, no density removal and no haircut! Total failure.
I'm angry, frustrated and mostly disenchanted. I live in a very rural location so went this route to make life easier.
They offered to refund if I send back, but why should I pay for a world courier service when it's their mistakes and I've already paid for delivery courier service.

You can name and shame. It's not against any rules. They might refund shipping once they've received it since it's them who have screwed up - Check with them.

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Its not super often this happens but it does happen, these chinese companies have no accountability.

Noah

Reaction score
No reason why you can't name names.

As an alternative to sending the unit back and having to start all over again, there are people around who will do remote cut-ins, where you send them the unit and a photo of yourself and of the style you want, and they cut it in and send it back to you, ready to wear. Perhaps surprisingly, it actually works very well. If you think the system itself is decent quality, you could get the supplier to refund the extra you paid for the cut, and get it cut in closer to home. That would enable you to make some progress. Are you in the US?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have mentioned more than once that ordering directly from a company in China is a recipe for disaster. It always makes sense to go to either a salon or a reputable company located in your home country or continent.

This is especially true when ordering your first system. Your own research does not compare with a professional that has years of experience.

A reputable salon or company will both offer you a warranty and recourse in case of problems.

Sharkboy68

My Regimen
Reaction score
No reason why you can't name names.

As an alternative to sending the unit back and having to start all over again, there are people around who will do remote cut-ins, where you send them the unit and a photo of yourself and of the style you want, and they cut it in and send it back to you, ready to wear. Perhaps surprisingly, it actually works very well. If you think the system itself is decent quality, you could get the supplier to refund the extra you paid for the cut, and get it cut in closer to home. That would enable you to make some progress. Are you in the US?
Hi Noah, the company is Newlacecu. I have considered that as an option, I'm in North Devon in the UK. I've asked them to send me a new system to the correct order specification, base size, haircut, less density and then I will send them back the original system.

Sharkboy68

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have mentioned more than once that ordering directly from a company in China is a recipe for disaster. It always makes sense to go to either a salon or a reputable company located in your home country or continent.

This is especially true when ordering your first system. Your own research does not compare with a professional that has years of experience.

A reputable salon or company will both offer you a warranty and recourse in case of problems.
I live in a rural area BaldBearded, nearest place I've found is 3 hours drive away.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I live in a rural area BaldBearded, nearest place I've found is 3 hours drive away.
There are a number of reliable online companies that can help you via video chat, or phone. This includes helping you make the template and selecting all of the correct parameters for you.

And sometimes you need to travel, I flew to Madrid for both my consult and fitting (5hr 25m flight each way).

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Noah, the company is Newlacecu. I have considered that as an option, I'm in North Devon in the UK. I've asked them to send me a new system to the correct order specification, base size, haircut, less density and then I will send them back the original system.
Look up MG Ford on youtube.
He's UK based, online or in person(in Bristol)and pretty affordable too.
He does the remote cut-ins himself too, and I'm very impressed by the videos/pics he shows!

I will be going with him shortly...

Noah

Reaction score
That's disappointing about Newlacecu. I some of their units recently and they seemed pretty good quality.

I agree with GuardianAngel: if you are in the West Country you should get in touch with Mike Ford, even if only for the future.

Sharkboy68

My Regimen
Reaction score
Look up MG Ford on youtube.
He's UK based, online or in person(in Bristol)and pretty affordable too.
He does the remote cut-ins himself too, and I'm very impressed by the videos/pics he shows!

I will be going with him shortly...
Thanks for the tip, will check him out. Bristol is about 2 and a quarter hours from me so doable.

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I purchased 2 all lace units from Newlacecu and currently have had one of them one for the last 2 weeks and it’s a full time job to keep it tangle free. I haven’t worn the second one yet to see if it’s any different. Their prices and shipping are great but I’m telling you it’s tough to break loose the knots that are caused from the hair tangling up.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried contacting Mike Ford at one point. He wouldn't actually respond to any messages or pick up the phone. He was a bit rude once I did get to speak to him to be honest. It was a shame because I really liked his attitude in his videos.

Perhaps it was a bad month for him and not the norm. I cannot say.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried contacting Mike Ford at one point. He wouldn't actually respond to any messages or pick up the phone. He was a bit rude once I did get to speak to him to be honest. It was a shame because I really liked his attitude in his videos.

Perhaps it was a bad month for him and not the norm. I cannot say.
Whatsapp him,I did in the past and he answered every question.
He didn't come across as rude in the slightest with me.
He was taking a break at the time or I would have got my custom hair system from him.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I won't claim that he is always like that because I simply don't know. But my personal experience was bad.