My first film festival

Doug Douglas

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been making movies since I was nine years old, which is kind of how I survived middle and high school. When I first joined this forum around 2003 I'd completed my first short film shot on film, and today I'm going to my first film festival for a film I shot this past summer.

This really has nothing to do with current events or even hairloss, except I guess in so far as having a passion, something to devote myself to every single day, has helped keep my mind focused. It's helped me not dwell obsessively on my shortcomings, hairloss included, at least thus far. Which isn't to say that I'm not bothered by it and I don't think about it, but it's nice to have something that matters more than any physical flaw to think about and work on.

So anyway, just thought I'd make a post about it on here. I first discovered I had hairloss recently after finishing the short film I'd shot in 2003, so somehow my career goals and hairloss have seemed inextricably linked.

I'm hoping my first festival is a good one tonight. Thanks for the hairloss support, and miscellaneous discussions you guys have provided.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
What are your films about?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is there any a*** in them?

LOL.. yea... um not sure those are the types for a film festival.

Seriously... i think that it would be pretty cool to do something like
that. I'd love to make a Micheal Moore type documentary except
from a different viewpoint. Except I have zero talent in that area.

Doug Douglas

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the good thoughts guys (at least, those of you being sincere).
Bryan said:
What are your films about?
Depends on the film. Usually my stuff is comedic, but the script I just wrote is a dramatic comedy, now known as a "dramedy".
patagonia said:
any links to check out what you do?
Yes, I have a website. I didn't want to post it on this site, just 'cause some of the people who write here have turned out to be...unpredictable. If you're interested in seeing some of my stuff send me a PM and I'll send you my site.