My First Diy Hair System Experience.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard silk pillowcase is good for a hair system so I decided to try it out. I bought two that costs more than my hair system and the result is amazing. I don't have anymore bedhead when I woke up in the morning.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The photo below is my new system which is V-looped 0.06mm Super Thin Skin. I cut my own bio hair using clipper #2 and #3 to shave both sides and back .

https://i.imgur.com/DSNA7rj.jpg
dsna7rj-jpg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MSMTzqe.jpg
msmtzqe-jpg.jpg

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is day 7 wearing my new 0.06mm Thin Skin System. I haven't shampoo this in 7 days. No hair products or blow dry. I only spray water and leave in conditioner in the morning. These pictures were taken after couple hours of cardio exercise at the gym this afternoon. Anymore room for improvement? Your advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

System information: Super thin skin (0.06-0.08mm) with V-looped stock system, Color: 1B # off black, Freestyle medium light density. Base size cut down to 7 X 9 inch.

https://i.imgur.com/BiP0bzX.jpg

BiP0bzX.jpg

Last edited:

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is day 7 wearing my new 0.06mm Thin Skin System. I haven't shampoo this in 7 days. No hair products or blow dry. I only spray water and leave in conditioner in the morning. These pictures were taken after couple hours of cardio exercise at the gym this afternoon. Anymore room for improvement? Your advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

System information: Super thin skin (0.06-0.08mm) with V-looped stock system, Color: 1B # off black, Freestyle medium light density. Base size cut down to 7 X 9 inch.

https://i.imgur.com/BiP0bzX.jpg

View attachment 109245

Wow, looking MUCH better than the first pics. The hairline is clean... nice.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, looking MUCH better than the first pics. The hairline is clean... nice.

Thanks! Since I'm using Got2B for the front. The hairline comes up every 3 to 4 days cause by my sweaty forehead . The rest (both sides and back) stays on really tight though. I just shampoo and re-attached this morning. Hair feel really soft again like brand new out from the box.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got2B (black tube) only holds for max 1 day for me, and it's cold here in UK and I'm not sweating or anything. How do you get 3 days hold from it?

I agree it is great for the hairline though and gives a cleaner look.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got2B (black tube) only holds for max 1 day for me, and it's cold here in UK and I'm not sweating or anything. How do you get 3 days hold from it?

I used black tube Got2b Ultra Glued. Are you using it on lace or skin base systems? Maybe lace base makes Got2B less stick? IDK? I haven't tried it on lace yet? They break down faster when my forehead sweat a lot. I applied scalp protector and one thin layer of Got2b, let it dry until it is less tacky and less shiny (it takes about 2-3 minutes). I also wipe the skin base with isopropyl alcohol.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score

From what I have read here, and on other sites, it's for daily attach and detach, and not long-term bond.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have tried G2B on my skin system but only manage to get a day's hold and it isn't very secure after a few hours. If I use glue, then it holds for 3 weeks.

I would like to get a 3 day hold because that would allow for more regular cleaning. And the G2B gives a more invisible hairline because it seems to make the skin base 'disappear'.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have tried G2B on my skin system but only manage to get a day's hold and it isn't very secure after a few hours. If I use glue, then it holds for 3 weeks.

I would like to get a 3 day hold because that would allow for more regular cleaning. And the G2B gives a more invisible hairline because it seems to make the skin base 'disappear'.

I only applied one thin coat of Got2B Ultra Glued yesterday morning. After that l went to snowboaring , no lift on the hairline after hours of headwind blowing my face and hairline. I woke up this morning , still no lift and don't need any touch up.

FYI: I read from other Got2b users (can't remember where? ) that they added a tiny bit of Ghost Bond adhesive mixed in with the Got2B can give much stronger hold and also very easy to clean up. I was thinking about to do some experiment with that idea when summer come.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My wife give me her expensive Caudalie Vinotherapie Divine hair Oil and I applied tiny bit on my hair system for last few days and it makes the hair feel really soft and shine. She paid $50 at the mall but you can get it from Amazon for between $35 to $40.
few pics here.
https://i.imgur.com/XIgFzdr.jpg
XIgFzdr.jpg

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you need thick side hair to be able to use a hairsystem (when not wanting to use a full cap)? Is it needed to be able to properly blend in with the system? I am wondering because I have always had very thin hair. I do not have retrogade alopecia as far as I now.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you need thick side hair to be able to use a hairsystem (when not wanting to use a full cap)? Is it needed to be able to properly blend in with the system? I am wondering because I have always had very thin hair. I do not have retrogade alopecia as far as I now.

It all depends on the style you choose. An undercut or high fade are good choices for thin side hair.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am still amazed that I can't see the skin base. Can you see it in the mirror, if you look closely?

No, it blend into the my skin very well. My wife and I can not see any skin material with my hairline fully exposed , and no shines under bright lighting.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am still amazed that I can't see the skin base. Can you see it in the mirror, if you look closely?

The Got2B Ultra Glued secured my hairline for couple days and l think 3 days is possible if I don't do any exercise. I went to the gym yesterday and sweat quite a lot so the edge of the hairline starts to lift a little bit this morning when I woke up (pics below). I used Walker 1522 tapes around the perimeter and still holding it very tight on day number six. I spend about 5 minutes to do a touch up of the hairline every 2-3 days. I'm very happy with the result. If I use Ghost Bond or Walker Ultra Hold liquid adhesives for the hairline and Walker Blue tape for the perimeter, I'm pretty sure can get 2-4 weeks solid hold with zero lifting but it will take more time to remove those stubborn glue residues on the base and my scalp. Since I switched to Got2B and 1522 non residue tapes, I don't have to use alcohol , C-22 or solvent remover anymore. The time of doing remove, clean up the whole system and re-bond... approx 20-30 mins.

https://i.imgur.com/ANTY2sh.jpg
ANTY2sh.jpg

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Esha Absolute Adhesive quick review:

I like to experiment with different tapes and adhesives to see what works best for me. For the adhesive, I started out with Walker Ultra hold, Ghost Bond Classic (I ordered GB Platinum but they sent me Classic) and Got2B black tube. Luckily my body chemistry has been good with all of them. Got2B was very easy to use but only can hold for 2-3 days. The hairline edge starting to lift after shower, sweat from exercise and 3rd day would become lose. Fortunately, it's only take few minutes to clean up and another few mins to re-attach the hairline. About 10 days ago, I switched to a Esha Absolute waterproof adhesive and my experience with Esha has been very good so far. I applied only one thin coat and the result is similar to GB and Ultra hold that I got more than a week of solid bond. The hairline edge were sealed tight with no lift for more than a week. The beauty of Esha , it dry up in less than a minute after applied it on the scalp. Unlike Ghost Bond or Walker Ultra Hold need to wait long time for each coats to dry up and not to mention more time to clean up the mess if I using GB or Ultra hold. Using Esha is way more time-efficient and less mess to clean up too. I current use Esha for the hairline and use Walker non residue 1522 tape for the perimeter.

I bought the Esha on Amazon and it cost $19.99. This is the link.

https://www.amazon.com/Esha-Absolute-Lace-Adhesive-Strong/dp/B07F9XJWXZ/ref=sr_1_5_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1549253038&sr=1-5&keywords=Esha+Lace+Wig+Adhesive+Glue&th=1

Last edited: