My Finasteride Update, 22 Y/o (pics)

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol you still mad? Wasn’t that a few days ago?

If I keep losing hair this fast I’ll def throw a crown piece on so I can look like a normal 22 year old. Didn’t you go down that route too?

I’m sorry you lost your hair so young and still come here. I’ve heard that the process of balding is worse than actually being bald, maybe that’s not the case for everyone. But for me, I really hope that when it’s all said and done and I’m either wearing a piece or living clean shaven, I won’t be coming back here anymore. Wouldn’t that be the life Heinrich?

I was never mad about anything. I tried to help you see that you were walking into a trap with the hair piece. Now, upon seeing your pictures, I understand that you are in a constant panic state. I certainly won’t force you to accept some facts but as a distinct Norwood 5 I am obliged to warn you. Nothing more, nothing less. Your life, your hair. Also, the “umad” phrase is childish please kill it off. We are all friends here.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s a slight update for anyone interested. I believe the lexapro has kicked in and I’m feeling less abysmally depressed.

My shedding has decreased to a consistent 20ish hairs a shower. I still manage to pluck about one every time I run my hands through my hair, but shower counting seems to be more objective so I believe my shedding may be decreasing, fingers crossed.

It also seems that I have less of a painted scalp when I apply toppik which leads me to believe I may have new small hairs in there that the toppik is grabbing onto. Or it could be that I’ve been applying hairspray as well to the area.

My overall density has still taken an absolute pummeling and my hair does feel lighter/fluffier than it did 3 weeks ago.

I’m close to 4 months on finasteride only.

Last edited:

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are some pics about an hour after conditioning my hair. (Dry).

Opinions would be nice. I think if you compare to the first few pics here you can see the change in my overall density (my fringe even looks smaller) even though my hair is at about the same length.

Again, about 4 months on finasteride. And tbh I was wearing a hat for about an hour before taking these pics so my hair may be pushed down a bit. I still combed before taking the pics, so I don’t know if the hat is much of a factor.

Attachments

• 82913BAA-7169-4086-BB96-0F4D96646BEB.jpeg
    82913BAA-7169-4086-BB96-0F4D96646BEB.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 675
  • 0AD3F992-AB92-46E0-91DE-52B938D2EFDD.jpeg
    0AD3F992-AB92-46E0-91DE-52B938D2EFDD.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 675
  • 9E6E68AC-6C09-41E2-A83C-F6BEC0C60FE9.jpeg
    9E6E68AC-6C09-41E2-A83C-F6BEC0C60FE9.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 628
  • 7EA7F495-8A05-458B-8540-6468E7DAA719.jpeg
    7EA7F495-8A05-458B-8540-6468E7DAA719.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 604
  • 4EABCA24-0698-4D73-B02D-A86E3FBE58F5.jpeg
    4EABCA24-0698-4D73-B02D-A86E3FBE58F5.jpeg
    50.2 KB · Views: 703
Last edited:

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Full head of hair, naturally thin and shitty blond hair that gets curly when left to grow like that. Solution: get a haircut, improve your diet, stay on meds, forget the whole teen spirit haircut cause it doesn’t suit you.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair looks great man!
Thanks brotha. Still concerned with my density and crown seems to be thinning further... although my shedding does look like it’s slowing down I used to stop counting my shower hairs at 40 (prob like 60+) now I’m at 20 :)

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
So are you seeing improvement or no? I’m confused? Lol
Visually I’m way below baseline. The only improvement is in my shower hairs. What was once uncountable (like 60+ I even thought over 100 at one point) has become around 20 consistently.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks brotha. Still concerned with my density and crown seems to be thinning further... although my shedding does look like it’s slowing down I used to stop counting my shower hairs at 40 (prob like 60+) now I’m at 20 :)

It’s really minor man, nobody will notice even without topik. I worry about my very minor thinning a lot too (recent shed and hair cut makes it slightly more visible), but nobody can notice it. We just have to realize it’s a lot worse in our heads than it really is

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s really minor man, nobody will notice even without topik. I worry about my very minor thinning a lot too (recent shed and hair cut makes it slightly more visible), but nobody can notice it. We just have to realize it’s a lot worse in our heads than it really is
Thanks man. Much appreciated. You regrew a lot so congrats man, your thinning isn’t even noticeable in pics lol.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man. Much appreciated. You regrew a lot so congrats man, your thinning isn’t even noticeable in pics lol.

It may be I did a trim to a 4 but it’s alittle more noticible... I’ve just resolved to stop taking pictures of my hair cause it stresses me out

Attachments

• 89874BC4-BE09-4FB1-B16A-0A4C6AD227C0.jpeg
    89874BC4-BE09-4FB1-B16A-0A4C6AD227C0.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 605
  • 3E68BE86-BB46-4C9B-9C6B-D5C8D78FAAC2.jpeg
    3E68BE86-BB46-4C9B-9C6B-D5C8D78FAAC2.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 596

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Keep going. Looks good. I'm two years on finasteride and I think the last few months my hair has improved more than the whole time before, so it can take a while I guess...

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
It may be I did a trim to a 4 but it’s alittle more noticible... I’ve just resolved to stop taking pictures of my hair cause it stresses me out
Lol there’s nothing there man. If I saw you I wouldn’t even spot you out. I’d just think that’s the way your hair grows.
Keep going. Looks good. I'm two years on finasteride and I think the last few months my hair has improved more than the whole time before, so it can take a while I guess...
Well I’m definitely not going to stop. Might switch to dutasteride if I lose more in the next few months though.

Last edited:

Wilfido melendez

My Regimen
Reaction score

You been on finasteride for two years
I’ve only been on finasteride for 2months
Still to early to tell

So after two years did you see any regrowth? Or any changes?

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Were you using anything else?
Added stronger BIOTIN (5000 mg a day) and a different SAW PAW, both bought from Dollar General. In fact I stopped something; using a multivitamin.
I'm expecting the predictable "thinning" phase to occur soon (4 month cycle)...

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Added stronger BIOTIN (5000 mg a day) and a different SAW PAW, both bought from Dollar General. In fact I stopped something; using a multivitamin.
I'm expecting the predictable "thinning" phase to occur soon (4 month cycle)...
Did you ever feel like you went below baseline in the first few months?

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you ever feel like you went below baseline in the first few months?
There was a point after a year (on finasteride) I tried to dye my hair and fried it all to sh&t and the crown went to below baseline. That was last April I think. It sucked. I could feel slick scalp when washing my hair. I pushed through and added more Biotin and derma rolling...