My Final Post On These Forums And What I Did To Escape This Crazy World Of Hairloss.

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope everyone here is doing well. I've been away from these forums for a few months and the break was refreshing to say the least. I wanted to tell you guys about what has been going on with me and my hair the past few months and how I have finally come to peace with everything. I have undergone a treatment many people seem to scoff at and are hesitant to look into but it ended up being the greatest decision of my life.

I was on finasteride and minoxidil for a little over two years. I used to roll my eyes at everyone complaining about side effects. It took me two long years to realize that I have been suffering from these sexual side effects for a long time. It all came to a boil when I brought an extremely attractive girl home and could barely get 60% hard. My erections were becoming worse and worse. My hair was becoming more important to me than having sexual function. Shortly after this I hit rock bottom. The diameter of my hair was getting thinner, even while on finasteride AND ru58841. My chest hurt from the experimental, my dick was not functioning, my hair was losing the battle, it was a horrible...dark time in my life.

Then one day, I ran into a friend I had not seen for a long time. I examine every single persons hair that I talk to (or at least I used to) and I couldn't believe this guy head a full head of hair. He has been bald for as long as I remember so I figured he got a hair transplant. The thing is though, it was completely shaven down. I immediately asked him if he got a hair transplant. He told me no, he got a procedure done called Scalp Micro-pigmentation. He let me inspect his head and I could not believe it. It literally looked like he had a full head of shaven hair. A feeling came over me, was this a way out of this hairloss torture? Could I get off all these horrible drugs, wake up in the morning and not worry about the wind blowing my hair a certain way? Could this be a way for me to break free from constantly looking in the mirror, spraying toppik in my hair every time I leave me house?

I was sold. I immediately booked an appointment with his guy in New York city. The month before the procedure, I dropped finasteride and RU (will still use minoxidil) immediately. By the time my procedure date came up (around 5 weeks after quitting finasteride and RU), nearly all my side effects were gone. The erections I was missing out on for the past 2 years were mind blowing. I almost forgot what it felt like to actually get HARD.

Finally my SMP date had come.

My stomach was churning when they shaved my head down, I finally got to see what was really going on underneath my hair. My how long hair covers up thinning. It was bad. Immediately after my first treatment, I looked in the mirror and my legs nearly gave out. While my scalp was still red, the results were AMAZING. The next morning I woke up and looked in the mirror and nearly all the redness was gone. Looking at my head, I started choking up. It was finally over. The mental abuse that hairloss puts on you is exhausting, having it lifted off your shoulders is indescribable. All this for nearly a fraction of the cost and pain of a hair transplant.

I just wanted to let people know that there is another option and to look into it if you feel like you would look great with a shaved head. I will post photos after I get my second and final treatment done. There are MANY examples online of BAD SMP jobs. Many SMP artists that are inexperienced will go too dark, make too straight of a hairline and just give a very unnatural look. With that being said, there are also quite a few amazing talented artists. Unfortunately, most of the them are located in New York. These guys will give you a very soft, natural look. No one, and I mean NO ONE will know that you had this treatment done. It is literally impossible to tell the difference between the pigment and a hair follicle.

I hope I've enlightened some of you here about this treatment. Stay positive.

Some examples of good SMP

Last edited:

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good for you, glad you're happy!

Your realistic view is refreshing, I've personally vowed to never get to the point of taking dangerous experimental drugs myself. I'm gonna still put up a fight but will accept my fate and shave if finasteride doesn't help me or no new tech comes out in the next couple years.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man I always enjoyed reading your posts here. I'm glad you are coming to peace with everything! Honestly I'm considering getting a combination SMP and hair transplant to frame my face/give me a clean shaven look once sh*t hits the fan with treatments. Can't wait to see your results from the second procedure.

SniperWolfMR

Established Member
Reaction score
Personally I would love to get rid of my Norwood 3.5 hairline. But I'm afraid that my now balding vertex hair is going to go soon.

Do you still have to use Minoxidil, or something to keep the transplanted hairs healthy?

It is not hair. It is a light pigment that is indistinguishable from a shaven down hair follicle. SMP allows you to stop these treatments solely because it's so easy and cheap to simply have it touched up. SMP is a fairly new alternative in hairloss treatment so it is Important to research who is doing your procedure.

Last edited:

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm happy for you. I have a vague idea of your struggles from reading your posts previously. Anyone who reaches a state of "inner peace" with their hair loss journey is to be commended. It can be from a razor, buzzing, medication, surgery or tattoos in your case.

For me, having full hair grown out (close to full as possible) is the only acceptable solution. And the only permanent solution to a bald (ing) area is thick DHT resistant hair - hair transplant is the cure on a limited area of course. We only have a certain amount of donor hair.

That said, I would have gone for a hair transplant in your shoes. Not just because I don't like a shaved look but also tattoos lack the 3D effect of hair. Maybe do a combo of both?

We don't get brownie points from the grim ripper for saving our spare donor hair. So why not use it up? Especially in our youth. Actually any age, the older you are the more you should use it up as the ageing process takes hold.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Great news! It's nice to read someone who's found some inner peace and closure for once rather then all the negativity on these forums.
Good luck with getting on with the rest of your life!