My Father's Hair Grew Back. Wondering How This Is Possible?

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
I am only chiming in here to say that over the past 12 years, with all these crazy methods I have tried to regrow hair... the best results I have seen were when I was eating clean and working out.

When I do 40/30/30 macros with no refined grains, dairy, or processed meats/foods, I feel amazing and my hair looks amazing. Working out 5x a week supercharges this effect. Come holiday season when it drops off.... shed shed shed. I seem to have a yearly hair cycle. When your body is trying to process unwanted foods and chemicals, how can it perform normal daily functions, such as grow healthy hair / nails / etc?

So maybe this is how your Dad got results?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi all. New here. I'm 24 and recently started noticing my hair has began to thin. My dad's hair was thinning so I thought it must be genetic mixed in with the fact that I am grad school and recently finished a challenging semester. However, in 2013 some things from my father's past came back to bite and he went to prison. Before he went to prison the scalp of his crown area was noticeably viable. His hair in that area was very thin and brittle. We've never had a strong relationship so I never visited him. He was released approximately 5 days ago and I saw him for the first time since he went two days ago. I was taken by surprise, because he had a head full of thick hair. I asked him what he did and he said nothing. He was also a lot more fit. I guess when you're in prison there's nothing to really do but workout. I went to searching as to how it was possible his hair could have grown back after doing time and found nothing. Based on some of the research I did, my biggest theory is diet and that is prison he wasn't really exposed to some of the toxic stuff he ate on a daily when he was free. As well as his increased physical fitness.

Does anyone on here have any ideas?

Not all hair loss is genetic.. in this case it seems like it was stress-related and your pops wasn't exposed to as much stress in prison as he was out. Similarly, it seems like you are now falling for the same pattern. Stress is also known to accelerate hair loss in those genetically affected. If you de-stressed it may bring some of your hair back. Supplements like Soy PS or Ashwagandha may assist in reducing cortisol levels thereby bringing your hair back.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0175904
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016377

Last edited:

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hair transplant Clinic isn’t the best place for my hair so the prison is where he grow!

Northern

Reaction score
its the protein intake. He was lacking his proteins in his daily life probs so nail and hair health decrease. Probs he had enough proteins in jail idk how it worked for him there. This is typical story if the shedding is not genetic. its also stated on the Rogaine wrbside that the product doesnt work with the protein based shedding.