My Experience: No Milk, No Hairloss And Acne!

Monicca

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it is a controversial subject, but I will tell my experience
(I'm brazilian, I don't speak english very well, sorry)

I'm 33 years, fighting against androgenetic alopecia for 10 years, and anything never worked for me.

Although I'm not allergic to lactose, my dietitian recommended me to stop drinking milk and dairy... because the hormones cows nstturally have and hormones that are used to estimulate milk production...in other words, hormones unnecessary for human. She has given this advice to other hairloss pacients and they had good results.

After 1 month without dairy, my acne, black spots and oiliness disappeared. After 4 months, hairloss has decreased. Before, 150 hair strands used to fall in bath, and now only 40 strands!

After this great result, I hope you feel motivated to try this change in your diet. Maybe it can works for you too!

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you might have defuse chronic alopecia aerate and not androgenic...

Milk may have been an autoimmune trigger for you

OR

there is an autoimmune component for some androgenic alopecia..i had read some theories on this in derma pathology reports.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ps
thats is your trigger--not likely its anyone else's on here.

Triggers if its an allergy/autoimune can be anything you digest, inhale, absorb.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's important to try and get dairy products from organic sources.

Monicca

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's ridiculous, but I count strands that fall in bath when I change my treatment. Whey you have long hair is easier. I have androgenetic alopecia, and most of strands fall from top of head.

My dietist did this test with other patients and they are also having good results with hair loss and acne. She is researching about this and realized that milk increases DHT...Consequently, aggravates acne and hair loss. But she doesn't know exactly which component or hormone is causing that increase.

I've tried organic and lactose-free milk for 6 month and had no results, unfortunately.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've never been able to relate to these precise shed counts people have

Are people literally separating and counting the strands in the bottom of the tub?

I only count shed hairs in shower since around March April...

I am not exact as everyone but i get an idea....

I noticed on average from March to just recently i shed about 20-40 hairs in shower...

Starting around June up until recently about 1/4-1/3 of them were short 1 inch hairs with white bulbs (basically hair hat short cycled)

The minoxidil made me shed about 100 hairs in shower for about 1-2 weeks which was freaky but i was prepared for that and that was mostly long hairs.

The past week my short hairs are more 'rooted' in my scalp. I have not seen more than 1 or 2 in shower and my long hair shed has decreased to under 10 for first time I can remember.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's ridiculous, but I count strands that fall in bath when I change my treatment. Whey you have long hair is easier. I have androgenetic alopecia, and most of strands fall from top of head.

My dietist did this test with other patients and they are also having good results with hair loss and acne. She is researching about this and realized that milk increases DHT...Consequently, aggravates acne and hair loss. But she doesn't know exactly which component or hormone is causing that increase.

I've tried organic and lactose-free milk for 6 month and had no results, unfortunately.

I'd tend to call bullshit on this but a google search brought up a few things.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2715202/

The mechanism of stimulation of prostate gland activity has been well-defined by Labrie and the enzymatic pathways (the intracrine system) present in the pilosebaceous unit are also present in prostate gland,10 leaving it open to stimulation by the same milk/dairy-sourced hormones and DHT precursors that likely stimulate acne. We are learning that reducing the amount of DHT produced in a prostate cancer patient through inhibition of the action of 5?-reductase will control the disease to a certain extent.11 Dutasteride, a potent, selective, irreversible inhibitor of type 1 and type 2 5?-reductase, seems made for the job.12 But efficient though it is in reducing endogenous DHT, the 5?-P and 5?-A in dairy products provide the prostate's intracrine system with DHT precursors that are already 5?-reduced.

Kind of scary to me, I consume a sh*t load of milk. It's almost impossible for me to avoid dairy. I guess no more protein milk for me.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd tend to call bullshit on this but a google search brought up a few things.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2715202/

Kind of scary to me, I consume a sh*t load of milk. It's almost impossible for me to avoid dairy. I guess no more protein milk for me.

Somewhere along the line in my research travels i read something abut casein protein powder--which comes from milk but I can't remember if it was for Androgenic or Areata.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Somewhere along the line in my research travels i read something abut casein protein powder--which comes from milk but I can't remember if it was for Androgenic or Areata.

I haven't been taking protein powder in a while. I replaced it with this protein milk you can buy here which have 50g of protein.

Guess I'll just have to eat more steaks instead :p

Monicca

My Regimen
Reaction score
:(It is not easy to survive without milk ... it is a sacrifice to give up cheese and many desserts.

When I have a relapse, I just look at mirror and see new hair growing and my skin, that has never been so smooth and clean as now. It gives me strength to go on without milk.

To supplement protein, I have eaten more eggs and chicken. After workout, I drink meat protein (Carnivor, per example) instead of whey protein.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
you might have defuse chronic alopecia aerate and not androgenic...

Milk may have been an autoimmune trigger for you

OR

there is an autoimmune component for some androgenic alopecia..i had read some theories on this in derma pathology reports.

IMO common baldness is a multifactorial process, autoimmune issues also must exist, even the latter as fibrosis, apart androgen events, etc But it is not the trigger...

Last edited:

Monicca

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dante, try to eliminate all dairy from your food, for at least three months.
My husband is in the second month and already noticed difference in acne and oiliness. It will be tough , but it's worth the sacrifice. I hope it works for you!

That would explain why I still have severe acne at age 24.... sh*t I need a healthy lifestyle.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
IMO common baldness is a multifactorial process, autoimmune issues also must exist, even the latter as fibrosis, apart androgen events, etc But it is not the trigger...
\\

IF she has defuse chronic alopecia aerate milk can be a trigger.

Not saying she does--but that would be the only thing to make sense if she is having an autoimmune response.

Androgenetic Alopecia i don't know about autoimmune response i did read one paper that described the possible hybrid of Androgenetic Alopecia that had an autoimmune component--it was just theory but the paper and the pathologist was quoted in several text books as well.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dante, try to eliminate all dairy from your food, for at least three months.
My husband is in the second month and already noticed difference in acne and oiliness. It will be tough , but it's worth the sacrifice. I hope it works for you!

He's messing with you.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
\\

IF she has defuse chronic alopecia aerate milk can be a trigger.

Not saying she does--but that would be the only thing to make sense if she is having an autoimmune response.

Androgenetic Alopecia i don't know about autoimmune response i did read one paper that described the possible hybrid of Androgenetic Alopecia that had an autoimmune component--it was just theory but the paper and the pathologist was quoted in several text books as well.

Yes, With defuse chronic alopecia areata,it is possible that milk is the cupprit.
Even in some synchroniced hair loss events, always in a diffuse maner

Monicca

My Regimen
Reaction score
For those who live in US, there are good and cheap variety of alternatives to dairy products.
For us brazilian, it is a challenge... we need to pay $ 160 for a gallon of almond milk or rice on market. When I am visiting US, I drink almond milk like water!

mariagreen

Reaction score
For those who live in US, there are good and cheap variety of alternatives to dairy products.
For us brazilian, it is a challenge... we need to pay $ 160 for a gallon of almond milk or rice on market. When I am visiting US, I drink almond milk like water!
So expensive!?!?! sounds crazy!!

berrymany

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve struggled with acne since turning 29 (now 31) and was down right tired of visiting the dermatologist. I changed my entire diet, eliminating dairy, casein. While my dietary changes helped my acne out a bit, I was still getting occasional cystic acne (especially during my period) and whiteheads almost weekly.
After taking anti cyst treatment for a few days, I noticed almost all of my chin acne go flat.

Side note, I also have noticed less hair fall.

Last edited: