My Experience : Hair System Destroyed My Natural Hair

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I've been wearing for one year and I wanted to very quickly share my experience for young guys like me tired of dealing with hair loss and thinking about wearing even if they still are NW2-3.

Please read the third page of my thread for a bit longer testimonial: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...d-fighting-male-pattern-baldness.93859/page-3

Here are the two take-aways of my experience :

- Hair systems are great but not as great as having your own hair :

Wearing gave me my whole confidence back and made me without joking one of the most attractive guys in my college. Now that I dropped the system and shaved my hair many women friends tell me that I'm now a 7 but was a 10 before with "longer hair".

But despite that, I was not comfortable in quite a lot of situations. For example when it was getting intimate with a woman I was always fearing she'd notice it, it was a real nightmare for me. I'm a big fan of football (soccer) also and I used to play 3 times a week before wearing, and while I had the system on I was not comfortable sweating and hitting the ball with my head for example.

- Hair systems are bad for your scalp and hair :

Just look at the photos below : the first one is from two days ago, after dropping the system and getting back on meds in August, the two following ones are the worst my hair ever got during my period wearing in July 2017 and finally the last one was my hair one or two month before I started wearing back in 2016. I was pretty much bald under the hair system, thank god it reversed.

So finally my main advice is : DONT START WEARING IF YOU ARE YOUNG AND STILL HAVE A GOOD AMOUNT OF HAIR. I think wearing a system should be the last solution you consider after trying meds for an appropriate amount of time, and after considering transplants. Do not give up on your natural hair like I did, you will regret it.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 860
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 805
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 806
  • 280627image492.jpg
    280627image492.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 818
Last edited:

fabinho

Reaction score
did you get "caught" with the hair system ?
also, i'm in a sh*t situation. i can't take finasteride or minoxidil anymore due to side effects.

i ordered setipiprant from china (not officially released yet) and i dont know if i should use it or not.
i dont know what to do. taking a chemical which is not approved yet or wearing fake hair.

Eseera29

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do understand the fact that you might be not comfortable in certain situations. It's never gonna be perfect and that's one of the biggest downsides.

But about being intimate with someone, if a girl is dating you and wants to have sex with you, she won't mind your hair system, unless you gonna be super insecure about it. Tell her, make a joke about it, whatever. If you won't care, she won't either.

Noah

Reaction score
Mompo's testimony here is realistic and informative. Most wearers will recognise the competing pulls of substantially improving your appearance and reaping the benefits in your sex life, as against the challenges of keeping your system confidential when getting intimate with partners, or disclosing that you wear in some acceptable way.

However, some of Mompo's problems were specific to the type of system he was wearing and the way he chose to wear it - they don't apply to all systems, and they can be avoided. He was wearing a plastic-based system (he changed to lace at the end, but gave up wearing systems shortly afterwards). He used a salon service which attached his system for a month at a time.

His problems with sweating while playing football, are, I think, specific to plastic-based ("thinskin") systems. They are not breathable, and therefore sweat gets trapped under the base. It feels uncomfortable, and it may give the sense (rightly or wrongly) that the system is insecure and could shift in a situation like heading a ball. I don't think Mompo would have had this problem with a lace-based system. If you are sorting or physically active, it is better to go for a lace base.

His problems with the system causing hairloss (temporary, as it thankfully turned out) are, I think, caused by keeping the system on for a month at a time. This is tempting, because it's less fuss, you don't have to spend as much money at the salon, and you can basically forget that you are bald for a month at a time. BUT, to get the system to stay secure for a whole month, the salon has to use a harsh cyanoacrylic glue (basically superglue). Obviously the scalp under the piece is covered up for a month at a time, stewing in any sweat, natural oils, bits of dead skin etc which inevitably accumulate in that time. That effect was made worse by the fact that the base was an impermeable plastic one, so no water or air was getting to the scalp. The combination of the harsh glue and the month-long cover-up could not have been healthy for the scalp, and I think that is what caused Mompo's temporary hairloss. In my view 14 days is the maximum time it is healthy to keep your system in place for. I have a tuft of hair growing under my system, and it is still growing strong despite being buzzed every week and covered in glue under my hairline. So an unhealthy scalp condition is not a necessary part of wearing a system - it can be avoided by wearing a lace piece and doing regular maintenance.