My Dinner with Dr. Gho

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
Gho is doing it in the netherlands and in Aruba, which is closer.

This is the part I like. If a person needs like thousands of grafts, which most people would, they'd have to literally take up residence in Aruba or the netherlands, probably for years, until all the procedures were done. I mean if you didn't, all the money you'd save on transplants would be spend on air-fare. But I can see 20 years down the line, when this procedure would be done at any local mall, much the way botox and laser peels are done now.

If I was a young guy contemplating my future, and wanting to get rich, I'd start paying attention to Gho and try to befriend him. Get your medical degree, and grab the first wave of franchises here in the U.S., and open up your doors at your nearest local super mall.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I guess I can't really agree with ya there Fred. I assume you're saying it half tongue in cheek though with the smiley face :)

HairLossTalk.com

G

HairLossTalk.com,

Do you think you can help Dr Gho get in touch with Dr Bazan.

Dr Bazan has the density solved but not hair direction.

Dr Gho has hair direction solved but not density.

Humpty Dumpty

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Healthy Nick said:
What were his opinions on Propecia?
Seemed quite "for" it. In fact, even suggested Laura use 5mg finasteride for her female androgenetic alopecia. He said he'd seen the studies on women and believed it would definitely stop the hair loss for even her.
HairLossTalk.com

He never did! The bounder! Given what you've said to me about taking finasteride in the past, I can only assume you chose this moment to spear the man's head on his own fork and eat his eyeballs lightly salted for desert? :lol:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
nickk said:
Do you think you can help Dr Gho get in touch with Dr Bazan. Dr Bazan has the density solved but not hair direction. Dr Gho has hair direction solved but not density.
It all depends on whether Bazan is willing. Gho seems more than eager, and almost insistent on talking to Bazan, but hasn't been able to. Im sure Laura from HerAlopecia.com will try to get them to talk. By the way, Gho would not agree with you that Bazan has the consistency issue resolved. He doesn't buy it. But he could be wrong.

Humpty said:
Given what you've said to me about taking finasteride in the past, I can only assume you chose this moment to spear the man's head on his own fork and eat his eyeballs lightly salted for desert?
Sorry, Humpty are you a female? Its hard for me to keep track of everyone. You're right that ive been opposed to women using finasteride. I just listened to him. Didn't try to spear him. Unlike some of my users, I try not to correct those who know more than me, and trash talk them :) I let him give his two cents and digested it silently, like a good little hair loss site owner without a medical degree :)

HairLossTalk.com

Humpty Dumpty

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Sorry, Humpty are you a female?
HairLossTalk.com

What passes for it these days, yes. (although you once told me I sounded like a man) You wouldn't believe the hours of expensive therapy I needed after that. :bawling:

HairlossTalk said:
Its hard for me to keep track of everyone. You're right that ive been opposed to women using finasteride. I just listened to him. Didn't try to spear him. Unlike some of my users, I try not to correct those who know more than me, and trash talk them :) I let him give his two cents and digested it silently, like a good little hair loss site owner without a medical degree :)

If its any comfort, my cyclops eye began growing in last week. Can't say I've noticed much difference hair wise, but an extra eye will no doubt come in handy on one of my many shopping sprees. :mrgreen:

I'd be interested to know anything else he said about finasteride use in women and whether he himself prescribes it, if you know anything.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
He was just very adimant about Laura going on 5mg finasteride right away. I think he figured she could tolerate it better than a guy (for obvious reasons) and it would be a double benefit because it would completely stop her hair loss. He said it wouldn't do much for growing new hair but he was confident it would stop any further progression. I just sat and listened :) Didn't say anything about prescribing it.

HairLossTalk.com

The Gardener

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com,

I am perplexed at the suggestion that Laura get on 5mg Finasteride? I thought that Finasteride reduced DHT synthesis, and, I thought that female baldness was NOT caused by DHT but by free testosterone which Finasteride would have no permanent effect on? Your thoughts?

What did Laura think about the meeting? What was she wearing for dinner? Did she look hot?? Spill the beans.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Another question: Why doesn't Dr. Gho have interns/medical students to do his laborous tasks? That would free up his time. I thought most research was done this way. =)

Humpty Dumpty

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
HairLossTalk.com,

I am perplexed at the suggestion that Laura get on 5mg Finasteride? I thought that Finasteride reduced DHT synthesis, and, I thought that female baldness was NOT caused by DHT but by free testosterone which Finasteride would have no permanent effect on? Your thoughts?

Obviously I'm not speaking for Laura, but I'm female, and my pattern baldness has been attributed to pure DHT sensitivity rather than testesterone induced. Nor am I the only woman I know of who has been told this. So perhaps its not such a clear cut case as "for men pattern baldness is always caused by X and for women its always caused by Y".

The Gardener

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, Humpty. I suppose the theory I heard was not all-inclusive for all women. I hope your treatments are getting you some success! Cheers!

G

Finasteride does not work on women. It clearly says in the Propecia circular that in a study involving postmenopausal women with FPB, finasteride was shown as ineffective. I am going to read up on the circular again, but that is what i remember it saying.

Humpty Dumpty

Reaction score
badasshairday said:
Finasteride does not work on women. It clearly says in the Propecia circular that in a study involving postmenopausal women with FPB, finasteride was shown as ineffective.

Yes, it was tested in post menopausal women with hyperandrogenism and was apparently ineffective in all eight (!!) of them. I'm not post- menopausal and I don't have hyperandrogenism, hence my willingness to at least try it. Apparently it has met with some success in the treatment of hirsuitism in pre-menopausal women.

fred

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
I guess I can't really agree with ya there Fred. I assume you're saying it half tongue in cheek though with the smiley face :)

HairLossTalk.com
I was indeed a bit tongue-in-cheek but not that far from reality, unfortunately. I made a contrast between those who don't suffer from hairloss, who imagine the problem unimportant, and those who suffer from it, who irrationally think it is the end of the world.
Anyway, tongue-in-cheek or not, if the lamp genius gives you a wish between:
1) the eradication of AIDS from the surface of earth (assuming you don't suffer from it)
2) the eradication of male pattern baldness from the surface of earth (assuming you suffer from it) and by consequent a head full of thick hair.
Unfortunately, human beings are extremely naturally egoistical, their good conscience and their bad conscience would quarrel in their mind, in front of such a choice...
Dr Gho was right being frustrated by the irrational reactions of those who suffer male pattern baldness which is a relatively unimportant problem comparing to burnt victims but I am still convinced that, unfortunately knowing how egoistical any human being is, if Dr Gho suffered from male pattern baldness, he would give more importance, more time, more energy to find a cure for it... and would make it a priority over relatively more important problems.

Axon

Reaction score
If I could choose to irradicate AIDS or hairloss, there is no question I would pick AIDS.

Bob_Marley

Established Member
Reaction score
NO question. I would choose to eradicate hairloss over Aids anyday. Damn why is my d*ck burning. Oh, maybe I change my mind.

ppl

Reaction score
okok

If I have to choose, I would like to eradicate Hairloss over AIDS.
I am not intending to discuss the cause of suffering AIDS, but we always impressed that it is related to sex issues. This mean that people MIGTH able to prevent it if they can control themselves.
But, for hairloss sufferers, we can't control it by ourselves. We are supposed to be bald if our father/mother is bald. WE HAVE NO CHOICE. It takes away our confidence, our years, our brave to put off the ball cap in the train, the happiness that supposing belong to us.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
The Gardener said:
I have no thoughts! Im just HairLossTalk.com. :)

The Gardener said:
What did Laura think about the meeting? What was she wearing for dinner? Did she look hot?? Spill the beans.
im VERY glad you asked. her parents made her "change out of that short skirt, that's not proper to meet a follicular cloning doctor in!" before dinner, so she ended up coming in some tight jeans and heels. While we waited for Dr. Gho in the hotel lobby, guys were checking her out. Every time i pointed it out, she smacked me. Im glad this portion of the evening was touched on in this thread. I was beginning to wonder if the Jonny Depp thread was gaining converts.

elguapo said:
Why doesn't Dr. Gho have interns/medical students to do his laborous tasks? That would free up his time. I thought most research was done this way
He does. Im not sure how many. A few were featured in his "mini movie". Again he mentioned that HM was a side project for him (it just ended up working out this way, its not like he sat down one night and tried to plot a way to destroy the morale of all balding men and said - "HA HA HAAAAAA I AM GOING TO START A WHOLE COMPANY DOING ALL KINDS OF COOL THINGS AND I AM GOING TO PUT HM ON THE BOTTOM OF MY PRIORITY LIST! HA HAH HAAAAAA! THAT IWLL SHOW THE BALDIES !! THAT WILL SHOW THEM!" Gho Pharma has been around and doing all kinds of stuff for a long time. Gho Clinic came second, and as a side project as part of the clinic, HM was dabbled in. I have a feeling all the interns and medical students are employed at Pharma/Clinic working on the more major projects they have going on.

Bob_Marley said:
NO question. I would choose to eradicate hairloss over Aids anyday. Damn why is my d*ck burning. Oh, maybe I change my mind.
LOL

HairLossTalk.com