My Dinner with Dr. Gho

Axon

Reaction score
Re: okok

ppl said:
If I have to choose, I would like to eradicate Hairloss over AIDS.
I am not intending to discuss the cause of suffering AIDS, but we always impressed that it is related to sex issues. This mean that people MIGTH able to prevent it if they can control themselves.
But, for hairloss sufferers, we can't control it by ourselves. We are supposed to be bald if our father/mother is bald. WE HAVE NO CHOICE. It takes away our confidence, our years, our brave to put off the ball cap in the train, the happiness that supposing belong to us.

Childeren are born with AIDS whom have no control whatsoever. There are other scenarios as well - a tainted blood transfusion, your partner having AIDS and not knowing it at the time, a condom breaking, etc, etc. Further, you are not going to stop sex. Not gonna happen.

You are, however, entitled to your opinion and reasoning. I understand what you're getting at, and yeah, male pattern baldness sucks. But would you choose it over a slow and degenrative death?

wild eyed

Reaction score
if i

if i wanted a hair transplant from gho, does he perform it himself? where does he operate from? does he ever work in Europe? how much does the procedure cost and how many times do i need to have it done?

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
If your pictures portray you accurately then I dont understand why'd you even make an inquiry into this subject. I know you have "slight" diffusion but
a) it's not noticeable if you comb it right
b) I dont think people perform hairtransplants on someone with minor diffuse loss.

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
Another quick question is what in the hell does Gho do for burn victoms anyways?

The Gardener

Reaction score
So Doctor Gho suggested that she use FIVE mg finasteride? Right. I think he's trying to be her finasteride candy man.

:lol:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Getting back on topic... found this on GHO Pharma. Dr. Gho's main gig. Kind of delves into the childrens disorders and whatnot that they work on.

http://www.biospace.com/ccis/company_pr ... yID=559420

Here's another one. Who wants to register so we can read about it? Gardener, I heard you're rich :)

http://216.239.53.104/search?q=cache:Zf ... n&ie=UTF-8

And from another site:

"Gho Clinic/Gho Pharma focuses on secondary tissue damage, which typically occurs in cardiac infarct, stroke and burn wounds. As an extension to this, the company has a division focusing on innovative ways to promote hair growth, without loss of donor area. "

And another:

http://216.239.53.104/search?q=cache:rt ... n&ie=UTF-8

HairLossTalk.com

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
The Dr. Gho's investigations seem to confirm the hypotheis of our friends ;D Pantelejev, Jahoda and Ms. Christiano, in his work: "Hair follicle predetermination, Journal of Cell Science 114,3419341(2001), where in the conclussions appears:
"The essential elements of the hypothesis of HF
predetermination put forth here are the dual source of HF
renewal (hair germ and cells of the bulge region) and the
recruitment of HF stem cells capable of new HF production
during the previous hair cycle".

In my opinión Dr. Gho is not the only one working in this issue.

Armando

ppl

Reaction score
fred said:
I was indeed a bit tongue-in-cheek but not that far from reality, unfortunately. I made a contrast between those who don't suffer from hairloss, who imagine the problem unimportant, and those who suffer from it, who irrationally think it is the end of the world.
Anyway, tongue-in-cheek or not, if the lamp genius gives you a wish between:
1) the eradication of AIDS from the surface of earth (assuming you don't suffer from it)
2) the eradication of male pattern baldness from the surface of earth (assuming you suffer from it) and by consequent a head full of thick hair.
Unfortunately, human beings are extremely naturally egoistical, their good conscience and their bad conscience would quarrel in their mind, in front of such a choice...

Undoubtly, it is not the end of the world, BUT IS THE END OF MY WORLD.

hairlimmer

Reaction score
Discussing the Gho thread

Discussing the Gho thread:

I read with interest the lengthy postings about Dr. Gho’s research. Having spent 36 years in dermatology and the last 16 relatively limited to hair, there are some points that may add to the overview of the field. This is NOT an assault on Dr. Gho, who I know only from his Internet statements, promotional efforts, and his single presentation at the ISHRS meeting.

These are the issues at point. No one has yet perfected hair multiplication or cellular methods of hair reproduction in humans. The only proven and scientifically documented method of hair restoration to date is the moving of intact hair follicles from one site to another. Additionally, any injury to that hair follicle either reduces survival or hair shaft diameter or both. The total integrity of the individual hair follicle is critical to the survival and consistent and predictable results. The dermatologic and hair transplant literature documents this in multiple research papers dating back to 1994. While it is true that multiple research programs are trying to produce hair from stem cells, portions of hair follicles, and cell injections, no one has been consistently successful yet. Don’t bet your hard earned money on unproven technology.

Dr. Gho did present a brief paper at the last ISHRS meeting. He was received as any other speaker and certainly received no negative press or comments. The ISHRS encourages everyone who has papers of interest to present. Any statements to the contrary are flagrant untruth used for personal aggrandizement and promotion for personal gain. Even those who do not fit into the field of orthodox medicine have been given the opportunity and in fact, strongly encouraged by the program chairman to present. This can be well documented with the profound efforts by the last 3 program chairmen who spent untold hours in effort to get Dr. Woods, Dr. Gho, and the FUE proponents to speak to the ISHRS. To imply anything else especially the fantasy that someone is being excluded is pure nonsense.

Lastly, to state that a procedure of unproven value can be delivered for a lower price must challenge the logical mind! This is especially true when a quote of 500 partial follicle grafts are delivered for $5000 when multiple established and proven practices will deliver 1000 follicular unit grafts for $3000-$5000.

Research will bring better days in the future for hair loss sufferers. In the meanwhile, be sure to separate the promotional nonsense designed to separate you from your pocketbook from the true science of the field. Have a good day Gentlemen.

Bobby Limmer, MD/jac
:shock:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Dr. Limmer -

Thanks for the reply.

Just wanted to clarify - he was speaking in euros so I got the dollar amount incorrect. I believe he said 3300 euros which is about $4,000 for the procedure.

Second clarification - he didn't state that he wasn't allowed to present. Just stated that afterwards he was "banned". Whether or not that is accurate information I am not sure.

HairLossTalk.com

G

Dear Dr Limmer.

I would be interested in any independent research or studies you may be aware of, into the long term survival of the various hair transplant procedures?

For example comparisons between the long term hair growth characteristics of scalp reduction and strip grafts, against the various sizes of conventional grafts?

Also as far as i am aware in conventional grafting, the transplanted follicles are terminal follicles in the anagen phase. I am curious to know if anyone has tried grafting DHT resistent follicles in the telogen phase (the `normal' miniaturisation period), into bald areas. Have these then been seen to continue to enlarge normally to produce terminal hair?

Thank you for any comments.

S Foote.

hairlimmer

Reaction score
Response

S Foote
Terminal hair follicules seem to have similiar high survival percentages of 80-100% regardless of transplant method. Long term survivals have no good studies in the literature to my knowledge. Everyone recognizes that over a lifetime there is progressive loss of hair throughout the scalp, generally referred to as senile alopecia, and this effects even the DHT resistent hair, grafted or not.
Specifically grafting of telogen hair which are easily identifiable aunder the dissecting microscope has not been studied to my knowledge but such a study would be very easy to design.
Sincerely,
B.L Limmer, MD/jac :)

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Survival percentajes hair trasplanted

Acording to my theory (http://www.againstalopeciaandbaldness.com) survive's percentaje of transplanted hair only be affected if occur a new sebum flow detention. Normally the trasplanted hair have more care than the lost hair, allowing a greater length in the relocated hair. Therefore, for me, it is not surprising that "Terminal hair follicules seem to have similiar high survival percentages of 80-100% regardless of transplant method".

Best regards
Armando