My Dermarolling Journey With minoxidil + finasteride

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

Last edited:

megadyptes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Results look great for week 10, I hope this trend continues for you! Look at you, I may also have to start dermarolling, since I am worsening on fina+minoxidil.

megadyptes

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not totally unhappy with my situation right now, I've lost a density on my hairline/temples. For the first year of taking finasteride+minoxidil I would have expected to have either maintained or gained hair. However, over the last two months I was troubled with severe stress due to personal circumstances; but I do not experience stress anymore now. My hope is, therefore, that the net-loss of hair is self-induced (which I hope to recover from) and that I might see a net-gain of hair at the 1-year mark which I will approach in March 2020.

If that is not the case, I will up my regimen by either adding dutasteride once weekly, dermarolling or both. Fingers crossed!

Anyway, keep us updated on your progress!

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Bro calm the f*** down and don't take any tranny pills. Stabilize your hair loss with the big 3 and look to get a transplant down the road.

Don't mess around with crazy sh*t or else you'll get problems much worse than hair loss.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
lol I'm giving it until February. If by then it looks like my crown isn't going to fill in then I'm going to have to take more extreme measures. I will start with 50mg of spironolactone at that point, and proceed until I get the results I want. I'm not getting a hair transplant anywhere but on the hairline.

Before doing that at least look into FUE + SMP. There are temporary SMP options available as well.

Remember, don't get hair greedy, most people don't give a sh1t. As long as you have a frame to your face it's mostly the same.

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
may I ask why you drop everything (including microneedling) in the first place?

if minoxidil gives you itching its most likely the glycole, switch it with butilenic and keep going with minoxidil

Last edited:

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't give me itching it all. It gives me dark circles under my eyes. That's one reason I quit, and I went through a bad break up and just didn't care anymore. Then one day I realized my hair had gotten even worse than it was before.
Sorry to hear that

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since you're willing to use experimental drugs, I'd suggest trying CB/RU & SM first before going into the feminizing ones.

timidhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you choose to use WAY-31660* so aggressively and so early on rather than waiting first to see the results of your other more conventional treatments, including dermarolling? The original PLOS paper gives only in-vitro results, and any Wint inhibitor*, including the more commonly used cyclosporine A, is known to increase cancer risks (such as in transplant patients in whom cyclosporine A is used)

* WAY-316606 *Wint inhibitor modulator (typos)

Last edited:

timidhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought CsA also modulates inhibitory activity of sFRP-1 too. That's why you get hirsutism as a side effect of long-term CsA use. Not being a medical person, I am not sure on this...

How do you intend to take the drug (WAY)? Even if you see a result, given you are using so many other medications, including a strong 5AR inhibitor, how do you know which is working and which is not and when to increase the drug dose?

I'm actually not using it aggressively. Most people are using 2-3x as much as I'm using. Wnt signalling is necessary for follicular neogenesis post-wounding, so it makes sense to use a Wnt agonist along with dermarolling. WAY is not technically a Wnt agonist though, it indirectly restores Wnt signaling to normal through its action as a SFRP1 inhibitor, so there should be no risk of cancer. It also doesn't have the toxic properties of CSA. I'd like to see long-term safety studies, but I'd also like a full head of hair, and WAY is very promising. SM04554 also indirectly restores Wnt signaling and has shown to be safe thus far in trials.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for answering. Your profile says that you using 2.5mg/day. Are you just using 1mL of your solution on your scalp? That seems very small amount.

I read on reddit that some guy is using 15mg/1mL or 1.5%. What made you decide to go with such a low ratio?

Can you please share the vehicle you are using? I heard that stuff is very difficult to dissolve in the PG/Eth solution so I am curious about your experience and recommendation.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Updated now to include a current pic of my crown at almost six months. I shaved my head again to get a better idea of how much it's changed. It's starting to fill in nicely.
Dutasteride with what other treatments, minoxidil, shampoo etc?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my case, 1mL will cover temples only. Topical is a pain. I am never sure I hit the spots that are candidate for regrowth.

coco_304

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had good success in 2017 with dermarolling. Then I dropped all treatments until August 2019, and my hair is now worse than it was before. So I started over in the middle of August with dermarolling 1.5mm once every 2 or 3 weeks, and using minoxidil once or twice a day(sometimes not), plus topical E3 once a day. I can see new hairs coming in on my hairline, but I have no visible results yet so I started on Finasteride today, and I'm going to get consistent about using minoxidil twice a day and dermarolling every week.

My regimen starting 11/1/19:
Dermarolling 1.5mm 1x/week
Minoxidil 5% 2x/day
Finasteride 1mg/day
Estriol 5-mg 1-2x/day

Update: Around late November I switched from finasteride to dutasteride, added WAY-316606, and dropped estriol. As of January I'm microneedling once every two weeks at 1mm. I have updated with a progress pic of my crown from 2-5 after shaving my head again.
Where do you get Estriol??