My Dad Thinks I'm An Alcoholic Because Of Minoxidil's Effect On My Face

vinn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He said my eyes look puffy and asked about how much I drink. I haven't told anyone I'm on meds. I guess I should lower my dose, even though I'm using 1ml once per day.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For how long have you been using it ?

Jokes aside, well known minoxidil side effect, not much you can do about it
Try lower your daily dose as you said, if no improvement...well consider quittting it if this really bothers you

vinn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For how long have you been using it ?

Jokes aside, well known minoxidil side effect, not much you can do about it
Try lower your daily dose as you said, if no improvement...well consider quittting it if this really bothers you
I've been using the foam for three months. I started off with 2ml once per day at night but the sides were too much, so I reduced to 1ml per day. The sides are better but I can still tell that my face doesn't look 100% fresh, especially if I don't get enough sleep my face will look terrible whereas in the past it didn't really make a difference. I'll reduce by half to 0.5ml.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's working don't lower your dose. Your dad's opinion wont count for much if your'e losing hair and it's damaging your mood or confidence.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you sleep enough? Do you use eye cream? I realize knowing if minoxidil gives you baggy eyes is pretty easy to conclude but the obvious things like being sleep depraved and not using anything for your skin are big contributors to poor looking eyes and they probably stack together well for a nice hobo look.

vinn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you sleep enough? Do you use eye cream? I realize knowing if minoxidil gives you baggy eyes is pretty easy to conclude but the obvious things like being sleep depraved and not using anything for your skin are big contributors to poor looking eyes and they probably stack together well for a nice hobo look.

What I've noticed is that minoxidil exacerbates the impact of say not getting enough sleep or drinking alcohol. Like last week I slept just 5 hours and the next day it looked like I hadn't slept in a week, whereas before minoxidil it wouldn't have much of an effect on my face.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Isn't this puffy face alergic reaction to minoxidill? Some people get it from 1ml while other take 2ml 2x a day ant nothing.

DiffThinner35

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe if you'd go out some time and wouldn't sit in front of your PC for 12 hours, your puffy eyes would disappear.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't lower your dose any further. 1ml is the minimum you should be using. I can relate to the face changing though. I'm a 7/10 facially and on bad days i m like a 5/10.. But I guess that the trade off you make for hair!

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Isn't this puffy face alergic reaction to minoxidill? Some people get it from 1ml while other take 2ml 2x a day ant nothing.

I was thinking the same. I bet even if you lower your dose you still have those puffy eyes..

I never have any kind of allergy in my life until i try this drug, and i made the same mistakes of many guys to confuse the allergic reaction with puffy face, eyes , dark cyrcles..ecc
It should be written in the leaflet of these side effects..but it happens only in some people, because they are allergic, there are a lot of people using 2ml a day for more than 10/15 years and never noticed any puffy eyes or bad skin.

Now think, if you have puffy eyes with 1ml( 0,85mg in the bloodstream), what should have people taking it for medical reasons at 10mg ?

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only put it on at the morning

If you put it on the evening it transfers via your pillow to the face

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now think, if you have puffy eyes with 1ml( 0,85mg in the bloodstream), what should have people taking it for medical reasons at 10mg ?

people who take that high of a dose usually take it with a water pill like hydrochlorothiazide or furosemide

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Drink tons of water in the morning (before you eat), if you have a lot of sodium in your diet lower it, if you happen to be overweight try working out, apply cream under your eyes, and if you apply minoxidil right before you go to sleep; sleep with a hat on

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep. minoxidil gives that bloated look. Best I've found is to use only 1mL, dont let it drip and use a retinol.

I tried tappering off and replacing with other stuff like Adenogen, still shed. So now I'm back on it