My Confidence Is Back! Thanks To Smp

happywithmine

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never thought I would see the day. I used to be suicidal over my shiny, pasty, bald white head. I used to think no woman would ever think I was attractive or virile again. Being in my 20s still, this was a huge crushing blow. I tried a hair system, and it made things even worse, I was so self conscious. I thought there was no light at the end of the tunnel. Then I found out about SMP and researched it for awhile. Eventually I decided to go for it, and I couldn't be happier that I did.

I wanted to share the results of my SMP after 3 sessions with you guys. I'm so excited, and love how it turned out and I'm very grateful to Kelly and Singh at Vinci Hair in Toronto for their excellent work and customer service. Cost for me was $4150 USD which included as many sessions as I wanted until happy with it, then a complementary session which I can use within 5 years of my last session in the initial treatment plan.

I'm so glad to have my confidence back! No more hiding under hats, no more feeling like sh*t and talking down to myself in the mirror. No more running away from the world. I think I look youthful again, and my hope is that in the subconscious minds of women, when they do that split second judgment they do for every guy, my head will register more as "shaved young guy" than "bald old guy" (a difference that I'm sure many of you are acutely aware of, one only those who know the pain of balding are aware of). I know for sure they'll at least be able to perceive my newfound contentedness and confidence in myself!

Attachments

• Snapchat-87465192.jpg
    Snapchat-87465192.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 862
  • Snapchat-1761532146.jpg
    Snapchat-1761532146.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 815
  • Snapchat-383571332.jpg
    Snapchat-383571332.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 829
  • Snapchat-1572763109.jpg
    Snapchat-1572763109.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 847
Last edited:

happywithmine

My Regimen
Reaction score
And here are the before pictures, when I hated myself and was suicidal

Attachments

• 20190812_164136.jpg
    20190812_164136.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 751
  • 20190812_164133.jpg
    20190812_164133.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 731
  • 20190622_172305.jpg
    20190622_172305.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 734

happywithmine

My Regimen
Reaction score
finally an actual f*****g bald guy. Good results! but why didn't you get a hair transplant?
Too expensive, and too big of a bald area. I was NW6, so there is not enough donor hair to do a successful transplant. Plus, I honestly really don't mind not having hair. It was the "bald" look as opposed to "shaved" that bothered me more than anything. Quite frankly, I believe a shaved head suits me quite nicely. =)

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Too expensive, and too big of a bald area. I was NW6, so there is not enough donor hair to do a successful transplant. Plus, I honestly really don't mind not having hair. It was the "bald" look as opposed to "shaved" that bothered me more than anything. Quite frankly, I believe a shaved head suits me quite nicely. =)
thats true but it its still real hair vs a tattoo. SMP is a good option when the shaved head suits you, and is of course a big improvement over being bald though how does it work out when someone touches it? especially a girl when you're having a sexual encounter. i'm afraid they would be weirded out. and does it actually look as good in real life as it does online? you would have to constantly shave down the sides so they match the apparent length of the tattooed "hairs".

i can still understand why you wouldn't want a hair transplant. With us nw6s we have to settle for nw3s with low density, at best. with the SMP you can have the appearance of normal hair

theres pros and cons to each.

happywithmine

My Regimen
Reaction score
thats true but it its still real hair vs a tattoo. SMP is a good option when the shaved head suits you, and is of course a big improvement over being bald though how does it work out when someone touches it? especially a girl when you're having a sexual encounter. i'm afraid they would be weirded out. and does it actually look as good in real life as it does online? you would have to constantly shave down the sides so they match the apparent length of the tattooed "hairs".
Yeah I shave it every day using an electric foil razor, it's really easy and makes my whole head smooth like the top. Also, I'm not really shy about the procedure, I'm pretty open with people that it's not real hair. I don't think women will think it's awkward as long as I don't act awkward about it or try and lie about it, you know? It's just something I did for myself mostly, and that's kind of the way I'm going to phrase it if it comes up.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
You could do a minor FUE to give some 3d effect and texture to it, I also thought if I go full bald I would do FUE + SMP. Of course if you are happy as is then no need!

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly in my opinion SMP is weird looking. maybe it could look better with some evenly spread hair all over the scalp with a hair transplant, to give it some volume.
I also think it looks less good irl than online with pics, idk how you feel from your experience but I don't see how people won't instantly notice it's a tattoo and not real hair when they are standing next to you or talking to you, since hair have 3D effect and SMP clearly doesn't.

Plus, in my case if I did SMP I'd probably feel even more self conscious anxious because having smp will probably make people focus unwanted attention to my scalp the moment they notice something is weird about my "hair".

How is it going for you tho? do you feel any improvement and better results with girls since you did the smp?

BaldingInGermany

Established Member
Reaction score
Very nice result.

I am rocking my SMP since 2016 and it was a life saver for me. I am also a Norwood 5-6. As the OP I was hiding from the world and was suicidal and had a deep depression for years. It’s unreal what hairloss can do. However, after some research I decided to pull the plug and get it done. It was the best thing I could do. Not only I do love the look myself, I also got a ton of compliments from friends and colleagues. Women love the look. My confidence went through the roof, really. My SMP is completely unnoticeable. In almost four years I never got a weird look from anybody, no questions about it or anything. I am able to live a normal life again.

Maintenance is minimal. I just wet shave my hair every other day. It does not even take 5 minutes and I’m good to go. It’s a nice clean look and suits me well.

In my opinion it’s by far the best hairloss solution if you are fine with having a shaved head.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very nice result.

I am rocking my SMP since 2016 and it was a life saver for me. I am also a Norwood 5-6. As the OP I was hiding from the world and was suicidal and had a deep depression for years. It’s unreal what hairloss can do. However, after some research I decided to pull the plug and get it done. It was the best thing I could do. Not only I do love the look myself, I also got a ton of compliments from friends and colleagues. Women love the look. My confidence went through the roof, really. My SMP is completely unnoticeable. In almost four years I never got a weird look from anybody, no questions about it or anything. I am able to live a normal life again.

Maintenance is minimal. I just wet shave my hair every other day. It does not even take 5 minutes and I’m good to go. It’s a nice clean look and suits me well.

In my opinion it’s by far the best hairloss solution if you are fine with having a shaved head.
Pics? Im in same situation. 26, nw6 and never had a job because of hair loss anxiety

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pics? Im in same situation. 26, nw6 and never had a job because of hair loss anxiety
Wtf, I'm sure you had problems before the hair loss, and age and lack of hair has increased the issues, but no job, ever? Surely you don't believe hair loss alone has ruined your life, but what steps are you taking to rectify the situation?

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but I hate to see anyone in this state. Good thing is you're only 26, you've still time.

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking good bro! You rock the SMP look well. While I suspect a trained eye may well be able to tell the difference between true shaved scalp and the tattoo, I don't think anyone would give a sh*t about it even if they knew. It looks bad-***; very aesthetic; and it suits you much more than being bald. SNP and a tight beard is a good look. There are tight shave and pair with a beard even with a full head of hair!

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
my thing is it always looks odd. Hair no matter how short to me is still reflective and has depth. If you like it and rock it then that's all that matters but i could never. Recently in April I saw my first real life smp in an airport and even my girl asked if his hair was a tattoo cause it looked weird.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Need to not overdue it, better to look balding with smp than a thick Norwood 1 illusion who shaves by "choice".

Certainly combining with FUE would be ideal to give the 3D effect needed to pass the illusion better.

Don't know why guys here try to go for perfection, just go for good enough to get out of the "bald guy" category....after that point everything else comes into play.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm always curious how this would look with medium hair length. I'm a diffusee thinner with a good hair line. I think I have too much hair for a transplant because I have a lot of coverage, just thin spots, so high risk for shock loss. Concealers work great, but having a permanent one would be so nice.

Any diffuse thinners try this with around 2 to 3 inch hair on top? I'm curious if it'd have the same illusion as I get after applying dermmatch.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never thought I would see the day. I used to be suicidal over my shiny, pasty, bald white head. I used to think no woman would ever think I was attractive or virile again. Being in my 20s still, this was a huge crushing blow. I tried a hair system, and it made things even worse, I was so self conscious. I thought there was no light at the end of the tunnel. Then I found out about SMP and researched it for awhile. Eventually I decided to go for it, and I couldn't be happier that I did.

I wanted to share the results of my SMP after 3 sessions with you guys. I'm so excited, and love how it turned out and I'm very grateful to Kelly and Singh at Vinci Hair in Toronto for their excellent work and customer service. Cost for me was $4150 USD which included as many sessions as I wanted until happy with it, then a complementary session which I can use within 5 years of my last session in the initial treatment plan.

I'm so glad to have my confidence back! No more hiding under hats, no more feeling like sh*t and talking down to myself in the mirror. No more running away from the world. I think I look youthful again, and my hope is that in the subconscious minds of women, when they do that split second judgment they do for every guy, my head will register more as "shaved young guy" than "bald old guy" (a difference that I'm sure many of you are acutely aware of, one only those who know the pain of balding are aware of). I know for sure they'll at least be able to perceive my newfound contentedness and confidence in myself!
As others have stated, you were pulling the bald look pretty good actually. I don't know how SMP looks from close range but in pics looks very good.

OneDay_NW0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very nice result.

@BaldingInGermany
You had a good SMP in Germany? If Yes, where?:)