My Challenge To Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
follicle84 said:
After seeing those pics i wouldn't call proxiphen a waste. Maybe over hyped but not a waste. The fact there was even regrowth although minimal is impressive. It goes to show there's products out there outside the fda that may work for some people.

I think what Bryan is getting at is that proxiphen is better for maintaining than minoxidil which doesnt maintain but improve the appearance of hair (thickening it up) without dealing with the cause of the hairloss. These results will diminish if the balding process continues. By all means im fan of minoxidil and can testify its results of improving the condition of hairloss are very impressive more so than even finasteride in the short term. However without the use of another agent to deal with the cause of the hairloss it is at best a delayed topik.

Why don't you drop the Rogaine and replace it with Prox n and see what happens if you think Prox n is better at manintaining hair ?

Show me anything that says prox n is better than minoxidil long term, ANYTHING except Bryan or proctor saying so

I would happilly try it if i had the money. Can't even afford minoxidil at the moment. :(

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
follicle84 said:
I would happilly try it if i had the money. Can't even afford minoxidil at the moment. :(

if your using minoxidil and it' working I highly suggest you don't change even if you have the $$

Isn't generic liquid minoxidil like $7/month ?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
follicle84 said:
After seeing those pics i wouldn't call proxiphen a waste. Maybe over hyped but not a waste. The fact there was even regrowth although minimal is impressive. It goes to show there's products out there outside the fda that may work for some people.

EXACTLY!! (Although keep in mind that it was only Prox-N, not Proxiphen, that I used during that period. Proxiphen should be even more effective than Prox-N.)

follicle84 said:
I think what Bryan is getting at is that proxiphen is better for maintaining than minoxidil which doesnt maintain but improve the appearance of hair (thickening it up) without dealing with the cause of the hairloss. These results will diminish if the balding process continues. By all means im fan of minoxidil and can testify its results of improving the condition of hairloss are very impressive more so than even finasteride in the short term. However without the use of another agent to deal with the cause of the hairloss it is at best a delayed topik.

Another excellent point! :bravo:

Jacob

Reaction score
HT55 said:
finfighter said:
Is it better than Minoxidil or Finasteride? No. Is it a good option for people that cannot tolerate Finasteride or Minoxidil ? Yes.
It's definitely not superior, but it's better than nothing.

I colored the bald spot red up to the edges of the hairline, it highlights the bald spot, you can see the difference...

And if Bryan said it was not as good I would be fine with it he still says it's better.

Don't forget it also cost about 3 times as much as Rogaine FOAM at $30 a bottle plus shipping

BTW you didn't cover up his bald spot entirely in red in the 2nd photo, if you did you wouls see the spot shrank VERY little.

On another note how do we even know FOR SURE which is the before and after photo ?

Any other pics and the others would be screaming TOPPIK! or something. That's how bad all the pictures discussed here look to me..it's all a blur. Any better looking area just more blurred. Or longer hair. :shakehead:

Did I mention I hate pictures? :thumbdown2:

BTW..Dr P should really take down those outrageous claims.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Bryan said:
What's the point? WHAT'S THE POINT??!!

The point is that those three before-and-after pics of the guy using Proxiphen are possibly the most astonishing we've ever seen.

No, they are not. They are a very terrible example of before/after pictures. Very poor quality. The hair longer in each picture. PATHETIC. Especially after all these years.

You seem to be deliberately confusing the issue here. You're confusing the quality of the PICTURES with the quality of the guy in the pictures' HAIR. Stick to the latter, not the former. :smack:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Bryan said:
As I've told you before, I agree that he goes a bit too far that time (even though it _may_ be true).

It is completely made up. It is more than "a bit too far". He is claiming his product is better than anything else out there.

I think it's a distinct possibility that that may be true.

Jacob said:
Way back I emailed him on this and he was pretty nasty in his responses. Very unprofessional.

Tell me exactly what he said.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
EXACTLY!! (Although keep in mind that it was only Prox-N, not Proxiphen, that I used during that period. Proxiphen should be even more effective than Prox-N.)

Lets see some photos today Bryan or is it possible 14 years later your bald spot is still the same size without Prox N which would put your "maintaining theory" to rest. Prove me wrong, show us your much larger bald spot 14 years after stopping Prox N

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Jacob said:
Bryan said:
As I've told you before, I agree that he goes a bit too far that time (even though it _may_ be true).

It is completely made up. It is more than "a bit too far". He is claiming his product is better than anything else out there.

What happened to the "unquestionably more effective than any other product out there" statement you have been making for about a DECADE ?

Jacob

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Jacob said:
Bryan said:
What's the point? WHAT'S THE POINT??!!

The point is that those three before-and-after pics of the guy using Proxiphen are possibly the most astonishing we've ever seen.

No, they are not. They are a very terrible example of before/after pictures. Very poor quality. The hair longer in each picture. PATHETIC. Especially after all these years.

You seem to be deliberately confusing the issue here. You're confusing the quality of the PICTURES with the quality of the guy in the pictures' HAIR. Stick to the latter, not the former. :smack:

No confusion here at all. It's both. You cannot tell the quality of the HAIR when the pictures are so pathetic. The "quality" of the hair also has to do with the length, since it just looks like he grew his hair longer.

Jacob

Reaction score
Jacob said:
Bryan said:

Bryan said:

I think it's a distinct possibility you've been doing this all these years for a reason. Dr. P has no evidence for the claims. Therefore it's more likely it is not true. Since it's been years since the proof was asked of him..the chances of it being true are...zero. If one makes such a claim..they should be able to back it up. If they can't do that..they are lying. They are making things up to sell the product. Hmmm..what do we call anyone else who does that? The product(s) they sell? :)

Jacob said:
Way back I emailed him on this and he was pretty nasty in his responses. Very unprofessional.

Tell me exactly what he said.

Are you working for him? I'm supposed to remember exactly what he said after all these years? I'll tell you exactly what he didn't say- here's the proof, Jacob. I can back up those claims, Jacob. And thank you so much for asking, Jacob! :woot:

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
I colored the bald spot red up to the edges of the hairline, it highlights the bald spot, you can see the difference...

You didn't fill in his bald spot entirely in red for the 2nd photo as you can still see plenty of his scalp around the red circle. In the first photo you have a larger red spot that shows no scalp.

[attachment=2:3rewbhlm]beforepgbryan02red.jpg[/attachment:3rewbhlm]

[attachment=0:3rewbhlm]pgbryan03red.jpg[/attachment:3rewbhlm]

Attachments

• beforepgbryan02red.jpg
    beforepgbryan02red.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 407
  • beforepgbryan02red.jpg
    beforepgbryan02red.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 400
  • pgbryan03red.jpg
    pgbryan03red.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 413

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
What happened to the "unquestionably more effective than any other product out there" statement you have been making for about a DECADE ?

You're making things up again.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
HT55 said:

So you are really going to deny saying that ?

"Dr. Proctor has said that Proxiphen (his own topical product) is "unquestionably more effective than Propecia" alone. The stuff certainly isn't cheap, but I have no reason to doubt his honesty and medical judgement when he makes that claim."

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=63026&start=10

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
No confusion here at all. It's both. You cannot tell the quality of the HAIR when the pictures are so pathetic.

LOL!!! You can't tell the difference in his hair in those three pictures because the quality of the PHOTOS isn't good enough?????

Come on, Jacob, you're just making this sh*t up now!! :mrgreen: :laugh:

Jacob said:
The "quality" of the hair also has to do with the length, since it just looks like he grew his hair longer.

Oh, I see...he buzzed the hell out of his hair in the first pic, a little less in the second pic, and not at all in the third pic, which really accounts for the dramatic results!! BWAHAHAHAH!!!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
Are you working for him?

No.

Jacob said:
I'm supposed to remember exactly what he said after all these years?

I was wanting you to copy the email reply you got from him and post it here.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
I left the outermost edges in both photos exposed the best I could, I did it with a shitty paint program by hand, it's not perfect, but you can see the area where the bald spot begins in both pics, you can see a halo effect from the reflection of the flash against the bald crown....

You left MUCH more scalp in the second photo and it's obvious

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
Bryan said:
HT55 said:

So you are really going to deny saying that ?

"Dr. Proctor has said that Proxiphen (his own topical product) is "unquestionably more effective than Propecia" alone. The stuff certainly isn't cheap, but I have no reason to doubt his honesty and medical judgement when he makes that claim."

Dr. Proctor was comparing his product to PROPECIA, you moron, not "any other product out there". Are you freaking illiterate??

Jacob

Reaction score
Jacob said:
No confusion here at all. It's both. You cannot tell the quality of the HAIR when the pictures are so pathetic.

Bryan said:
LOL!!! You can't tell the difference in his hair in those three pictures because the quality of the PHOTOS isn't good enough?????

Come on, Jacob, you're just making this sh*t up now!! :mrgreen: :laugh:

No, it's you and Dr. P who are making sh*t up. You're seriously going to sit there and pretend the quality of photos don't make a difference? If anybody here is going to say those pictures are just fine and show regrowth, then they should have no problem with the vast majority of other shady before/after pictures out there. And most of them are much clearer.

Jacob said:
The "quality" of the hair also has to do with the length, since it just looks like he grew his hair longer.

Bryan said:
Oh, I see...he buzzed the hell out of his hair in the first pic, a little less in the second pic, and not at all in the third pic, which really accounts for the dramatic results!! BWAHAHAHAH!!!

What's funny is you not getting it..or pretending not to. As usual.
There are no "dramatic results", btw.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob, you're just making this sh*t up. I don't think you actually believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.