My Buddy’s Hair Is Starting To Thin, What Do? (pics)

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
i noticed my friend’s hair is starting to think out fast. I think it actually looks worse than mine cause his is so short and can’t run a cover up game when it’s greasy like in this pic. I don’t think he knows yet because he made fun of bald/balding people and mentioned he wants to go swimming (uh oh).

Should I let him know and tell him about finasteride? Also lemme know what u think of his pic, does he looks worse off than mine? Tbh I think it’s a bit more noticeable because he doesn’t keep it long. I wonder if other people notice it.

Attachments

• 5EB7055F-62F5-4986-AF19-72BB62C7FBC8.jpeg
    5EB7055F-62F5-4986-AF19-72BB62C7FBC8.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 672

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i noticed my friend’s hair is starting to think out fast. I think it actually looks worse than mine cause his is so short and can’t run a cover up game when it’s greasy like in this pic. I don’t think he knows yet because he made fun of bald/balding people and mentioned he wants to go swimming (uh oh).

Should I let him know and tell him about finasteride? Also lemme know what u think of his pic, does he looks worse off than mine? Tbh I think it’s a bit more noticeable because he doesn’t keep it long. I wonder if other people notice it.
yes. Tell him. If he already knows, maybe he doesn't realize the extent.
He still has enough hair to make a recovery on his crown without too much effort.
Im not sure about his hairline & temples though.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes. Tell him. If he already knows, maybe he doesn't realize the extent.
He still has enough hair to make a recovery on his crown without too much effort.
Im not sure about his hairline & temples though.
Idk I feel super awkward telling him. He might freak out hard. He wears hats a lot but I think he always has. I’m pretty sure he has no clue :0

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
how does one get to that point without noticing it

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

I got pretty bad without noticing, never tended to look at that back of my head very much and my hairline is fine. Wasn't until a friend pointed it out did i check and see that it was really bad.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess when people don’t point it out to you. Also I really don’t think other people see it as balding. No ones obviously mentioned it to him. But his girlfriend of 2 years just broke up with him. Hopefully it’s not related...

tabletable

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, should tell him to make sure he is aware. Thats what I wouldve wanted atleast if I was him. If he knows you dont have to discuss it anymore, if he didnt he is either gonna be thankful or dont care about it. Not telling him and making himself realize it when its even worse is just gonna cause a lot of problems if he wanna try to do something about it.

man12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

he makes fun of bald people and he's going bald, karma

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
he makes fun of bald people and he's going bald, karma
Unfortunately I was in the same boat...

Yes, should tell him to make sure he is aware. Thats what I wouldve wanted atleast if I was him. If he knows you dont have to discuss it anymore, if he didnt he is either gonna be thankful or dont care about it. Not telling him and making himself realize it when its even worse is just gonna cause a lot of problems if he wanna try to do something about it.
Ill keep it in mind. He’s a bit of a narcissist and a**h** tho. So it makes it a little tense. Maybe when we’re drinking one night I’ll mention it and keep u guys updated.

tabletable

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately I was in the same boat...

Ill keep it in mind. He’s a bit of a narcissist and a**h** tho. So it makes it a little tense. Maybe when we’re drinking one night I’ll mention it and keep u guys updated.
Missed the part about him being an a**h**. With that in mind you shouldnt tell him. ;)