My Big 3++ story...Month 11 update! Coming close to one year

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. This is a long-term update. I've been on my regimen ever since I wrote the first things on this forum (about 3 years finasteride and 5 years minoxidil). I now use 1.25mg 2 to 3 times a week plus minoxidil. Nothing more.

The good news is: I kept what I had and hairloss is not an issue. I forgot about all these forums and don't look at the back of my head in the mirror anymore. I also shower in the morning, wash my hair and blow dry it. I don't catch the hair in the drain. I don't give a **** :)
I still shed over 100 hairs a day...and I firmly believe it doesn't matter at all. I have a pretty full and good head of hair at 37. No one really sees that I'm balding.

Now for the bad news: my sides have not gone and they are very real. As much as I really hoped that they would be in my head or disappear...they didn't. I don't have any spontaneous erections, hardly any morning wood and recently had periods of soft erections. I can get it up but it is some work. Orgasms take longer and I'm not easily turned on. Libido is pretty much gone completely. I have decided that it is time to do something.

I don't what the verdict is nowadays. I want to reduce finasteride and start RU instead. Anyone else got ideas? The usual Zinc, L-Arginin isn't really enough. I want to go back to where I was AND keep my hair. I feel that I'm in a comfortable position now to start experimenting. I have ordered some RU and will mix it with minoxidil.

I would appreciate the comments of experienced users. Don't scare me with Propecia stories...I know them all. Stories about how your sides disappeared are very welcome though :) . Don't judge me for what I did or didn't do. Just help me out here....
Thank you!

Da Crow

Established Member
Reaction score
Start reducing finasteride, first once every 3 days, to once a week for 2 or 3 weeks then you can stop completely.

Take some nettle root extract and africanum pygeum and resveratrol to help get your t/dht ratio and t/e2 (estradiol, estrogen) back in balance.

Put finasteride in your minoxidil formula as well, even if it's not proven, it may at least reduce some local dht if not the full 60-70%.

Good luck

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Start reducing finasteride, first once every 3 days, to once a week for 2 or 3 weeks then you can stop completely.

Take some nettle root extract and africanum pygeum and resveratrol to help get your t/dht ratio and t/e2 (estradiol, estrogen) back in balance.

Put finasteride in your minoxidil formula as well, even if it's not proven, it may at least reduce some local dht if not the full 60-70%.

Good luck

Thank you for your answer, this is in fact something I haven't heard yet. I have read about the above but haven't got any experience with them. Do you have personal experience with them?
The pygeum sounds a bit scary as it shrinks the prostate?! It is what finasteride does in large doses. However I will read into the subject and maybe start adjusting. I have already ordered 10g of RU, so I think I will give it a shot. Let's hope I don't open the next problem...

- - - Updated - - -

did your hair change colors? lol

also, have you tried laying off masturbation?

From what to what color exactly?

My friend...this myth never dies, you can jerk off all you want. Relax. It won't affect your hair. In case this was a joke...wrong thread.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I wonder if WillNotLetItHappen let it happen?