Musicians and rockstars

G

Ramboner said:
james hetfield is balding????

i don't think so. he's an NW2 at age 43. lol. everyone here seems to consider a NW2 automatic balding when in reality it is a mature hairline. NW3 is the beginning of the real balding scale, or Norwood 2.5 if you want to get nitty.

stuglue

Reaction score
Hetfield certainly is balding as it Lars and Kirk.Not so much Creeping Death as Creeping Back these days.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
James Hetfield has a bald spot of the size of North Dakota, apart from the receeding.

Five years ago in a fest at Madrid, between songs he started walking as an old man, joking about their age and that they were tired or something... then he turned back and pointed his bald spot to the public, and it was awesome.

He didn´t look so bad from below/front view, but above/rear view.... totally balding.

beaner

Reaction score
stuglue said:
Hetfield certainly is balding as it Lars and Kirk.Not so much Creeping Death as Creeping Back these days.

I actually read an interview with Kirk where he admits to using Rogaine...said he loves the stuff.

humpthewhales

Reaction score
Brian Fair of Shadows Fall is pretty bald

Shadows%20Fall2.jpg

yup...

G

Is there a picture of Axl Rose where he is actually balding? To me his hair always looked fine.....

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
Vibration of loud music stimulates hair growth by improving blood circulation... rock stars might get deaf but they will not get male pattern baldness :hairy:

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
I really do believe the more expressive a person is, the less stressed you are. If you keep talking about all your problems, and tell people what you feel instead of keeping things in, you cannot be depressed or anxious like those who do not. You are more relaxed, which is one part helping the body stay free of cortisol, and then when you are more relaxed, you are more apt to go out, and be less isolated, to keep life interesting. Musicians are masters at that. Hip Hop artists are by far the best at that. Theyre the highest ranked as far as always giving ppl their thoughts. Now if you tell me...well LL Cool J is bald....well LL Cool J has a pretty traumatic childhood too. But we can garantee that snoop, 50 cent, the game or whoever else wont get bald. as for rock stars...well they neither...and those who do...well it will never be male pattern baldness...look at your friends...the most outgoing ones do not have male pattern baldness if theyre going bald...they start to receide first, its like that always. As for those that are completely bald already.... well lets just say theyre not the same kind or rock musicians as metallica. Smashing pumpkins guy and R.E.M singner, as you can listen when they get interviews and thru their songs, they sound like they dont wanna live very long.

markad8

Reaction score
A lot of bands seem to keep a full head of hair well into their 40s, 50s and even 60s. Just look at The Rolling Stones, ok they might all look like death warmed up but they've all retained a full head of hair.

Then theres Motley Crue, Nikki Sixx can still get away with having hair like this;

20051111nikkisixx.jpg

And he's 20 years older than me!

markad8

Reaction score
Its Ozzy Osbourne! And he's a legend in his own right so deserves to keep all his hair.

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
markad8 said:
A lot of bands seem to keep a full head of hair well into their 40s, 50s and even 60s. Just look at The Rolling Stones, ok they might all look like death warmed up but they've all retained a full head of hair.

Then theres Motley Crue, Nikki Sixx can still get away with having hair like this;

20051111nikkisixx.jpg

And he's 20 years older than me!

Charlie Watts has been vertex balding since the late 80s

s.a.f

Reaction score
Guys, can we stop with the crazy theories please? There is no biological difference between Rock stars and the rest of us. Many of them just dont have m.p.b in their genetic make up just as many ordinary guys dont. The only difference is that their appearance/image is often crucial to their success and they have access to the best hairstylists, wigs, hair transplant's etc. (Just like the hollywood stars.)
Ronaldkia don't you think that Kurt Cobain was stressed when he blew his brains out? He was'nt bald though.
Charlie Watts is probably the only Stone who does'nt pay a fortune to keep his hair looking good. I bet that without their money they would all be grey if not bald.

jay2K6

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont care what anyone says here about stress. STRESS causes hair loss and if you experience it for a long time, you will develop male pattern baldness.

G

Kurt Cobain was really stupid to blow his brain out having such a great head of hair. What a waste!

And even Charlie Watts still looks good for someone in his late sixties. I wouldn´t worry if I had the same hair loss as him.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Kurt Cobain was really stupid to blow his brain out having such a great head of hair. What a waste!

WTF!!

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
humpthewhales said:
Brian Fair of Shadows Fall is pretty bald

Shadows%20Fall2.jpg

yup...

Never!!! I was at the Overcast reunion show in Worcester a few months back, standing at the front of the stage, he almost knocked me and friends out by waving that sh*t and hitting us over the heads with it

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Omg, how can that guy have so much hair! That must weigh a tonne, that's just rediculous

s.a.f

Reaction score
jay2K6 said:
I dont care what anyone says here about stress. STRESS causes hair loss and if you experience it for a long time, you will develop male pattern baldness.

Stress can cause hairloss and general thinning but is nothing to do with m.p.b.
M.p.b is caused by dht and having hair follicles that are not resistant to it. (Fact)
Otherwise every President and Primeminister, Football manager, Every soldier returning from Iraq or Afganistan etc ...would be bald.