Musicians and rockstars

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Almost every band I can think of has a member with some degree of hairloss, the ones that don't are often hiding it well.

P.S: It is rumoured that Nikki Sixx has had some kind of hair treatment.

Wonko

Reaction score
Nikki Six does not age. I swear to freaking god he looks the same as he did in 1983.

Cowboy

Reaction score
If I were a music producer looking to find new talent and it came down to two mediocre radio bands, from a business point of view, you'd want to pick the band with the better looking people in it. Doesn't necessarily mean hair=better looking. A lot of guys can pull off the shaved head look.

Anyways...look at Rob Halford from Judas Priest. If you have REAL talent, there is nothing that's going to hold you back from making an impact. Everything you see on TV and a lot of what's new on the radio is sh*t anyways. It has to be marketable to the kiddies.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Judas Priest ?! that was 30yrs ago. The situation is totally different these days. Even Elton John would probably get turned down today if he was just starting out. Its not just in the music industry either.

IBM

Reaction score
25 years ago Rob Halford was not bald. Maybe a little recedding.

ETERNAL HOPE

Reaction score
Musician James Taylor had an extremely severe case of male pattern baldness in quick fashion. He appeared to regress from a NW1 at near thirty to NW6 by 36.
Poor guy.

jamescollageev5.jpg

G

Omg, unbelievable how much damage male pattern baldness has done to such a handsome man......

s.a.f

Reaction score
He'd still be quite young looking if he had hair.

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
looking at those is depressing...Life deals out some shitty cards..

Bet he would like HM when it comes out along with all the other musicians and actors we'll have to queue behind to get ours...

ETERNAL HOPE

Reaction score
Musician Peter Frampton, who was a sex symbol and well known for his flowing locks in the late 70's and early eighties, became a balding has-been wthin 8-10 years..

framptoncollageem9.jpg

s.a.f

Reaction score
I cant seem to upload pics here but what about Peter Gabriel?
Had a good head of hair in the v.early 90's but by 2000 was completley bald with a silly white goatee beard. He seemed to have aged almost 30 yrs in only 10!

ETERNAL HOPE

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I cant seem to upload pics here but what about Peter Gabriel?
Had a good head of hair in the v.early 90's but by 2000 was completley bald with a silly white goatee beard. He seemed to have aged almost 30 yrs in only 10!

SAF,
You are absolutely correct. Here is a B/A collage of Mr. Gabriel:
pgcollageaa2.jpg

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
Those pics are amazing. They have all got to be at least in their mid to late 20's with full heads of hair. Hey at least they made it that far. But damn what a turn around. It almost makes no sense.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Some times when I see a bad balding pattern I think that mother nature is taking the piss. Who thinks it would'nt be so bad if you lost the hair on the back and sides but kept it on top.

PMarz

Reaction score
I Agree - The Music Industry is Superficial

I agree with the initial posting, the music industry is superficial. I am not apposed to it though, I wouldn't want to watch a Britney Spears video if she were suffering from femal pattern hair loss and was 40lbs over weight. Would you?

As for bald rockers, I think it works only if they have other features to boast. If Eddy Vetter (Pearl Jam) were bald I don't think he would have gotten to the point he is today.

Bald isn't Beautiful!

P

G

Re: I Agree - The Music Industry is Superficial

PMarz said:
I agree with the initial posting, the music industry is superficial. I am not apposed to it though, I wouldn't want to watch a Britney Spears video if she were suffering from femal pattern hair loss and was 40lbs over weight. Would you?

As for bald rockers, I think it works only if they have other features to boast. If Eddy Vetter (Pearl Jam) were bald I don't think he would have gotten to the point he is today.

Bald isn't Beautiful!

P

Well dunno, I wouldn't listen to Britney Spears' crap no matter how gorgeous she would be (don't think she's all that anyways). Could probably watch her music videos without sound. On the other hand, I love Anthrax and their guitarist Scott Ian started balding in his early 20's. He shaved his head in 1990 I think he's still dead cool.

76_l.jpg

Scott Ian saying f*** you! to hairloss 8) .

Sean68

Reaction score
i wish i hadnt looked at this thread now its giving me the fear!
thankfully most of us on here should never reach the peter gabriel stage
if intercytex get their fingers out.