Musicians and rockstars

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how comes everyone in bands (in their 20s) has AMAZINg hair?!

I've got a couple of theories:

1) music industry is superficial therefore only those who 'look the part' get signed/attract fans

2) because having a full head of thick hair does wonders for your confidence and therefore these people are the most confident and that's why they can perform on stage.

:hairy:

Sean68

Reaction score
i know what youre saying but then most people in their twenties have good heads of hair dont they?

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can point you three bands with a Norwood-something frontman (not to talk about other members) for every single band´s leader you mention with a perfect head of hair.

I´m talking about famous bands, not obscure groups.

Go on.

bubka

Reaction score
because if you are balding, it probably effects your chances of becoming a popular band... your two theories are very strong IMO

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hey Ronaldkia I've found it! Baldness is linked to lack of musical ability!!

JDW said:
how comes everyone in bands (in their 20s) has AMAZINg hair?!

I've got a couple of theories:

1) music industry is superficial therefore only those who 'look the part' get signed/attract fans

This is probably true to some degree especialy with the manufactured bands out there. Looks are more important than talent or ability if your audience is teenage girls.
I have to wonder if Simon Cowell was signing the Beatles he'd probably get rid of John Lennon for having specs (and make ringo get rhinoplasty)

JDW said:
2) because having a full head of thick hair does wonders for your confidence and therefore these people are the most confident and that's why they can perform on stage.
Yes it definatly takes confidence to be a performer and we all know that hairloss can and more than often does have a huge effect on most sufferers self confidence.
Does anyone remember the New Radicals they had a massive hit (you get what you give) about 5yrs ago. Baldy frontman Greg Alexander is a talented songwriter who has made big hits for other people but quit after 1 album because he didnt feel that he was 'pop star material'.
Elton John hid his baldness under a hat for most of the 80's/90's. So does U2 guitarist 'the edge.'

ang_99

Established Member
Reaction score
Lead singers hair from good charlotte is going bye bye...

joel_madden.jpg

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
justin hawkins from the darkness is balding,quite obviously,chris martin from coldplay is always moaning about his receding hairline.

kris novoselic of nirvana was losing his hair when he was in his 20's,there is no greater percentage of non balding men in rock n roll than there is in the real world

:hairy:

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Billy Corgan's baldness (and general egomania) didn't prevent The Smashing Pumpkins from being successful - in fact he shaved his hair off just before they reached their commerical peak.

Frank Black from the Pixies lost most of his hair a long time ago. But the band were never that mainstream though... and I don't think hair (or looks in general) matter so much if you're in an indie band.

But yeah, I get very jealous looking at the likes of Iggy Pop. Seeing him with more hair at 60 than I probably have at 21. Grrr....

IBM

Reaction score
Joe Satriani is bald though he had great success (and he still does) with hair.

I jealous Steve Vai hair.

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I listen to a lot of indie music but can think of quite a few mainstream bands with hairloss....

Killers
Jet
the used
coldplay
amongst many others, but i'm tired.

you also need to realize that musicians often grow out their hair and wear it different ways and covers up male pattern baldness. I play music and have the rocker fashion and my hair is shagged out. You can't really tell i'm losing my hair at all. I know a lot of guys with male pattern baldness go for the really short gel look. I personally don't like that style, but oh well.

Sean68

Reaction score
that singer from jets hair is looking suspiciously full in their new video, i think he's had some work done.he was going quite noticeably on the videos from their previous album.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Michael Stipe from REM

Sting from Police

Axl Rose from Guns´n Roses

Phil Collins from Genesis

Mark Knopfler from Dire Straits

James Hetfield from Metallica

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
I am a drummer, Im in two bands 1 cover 1 original, have national distribution on my cd (look up Torn - Reincarnate) and I am thinning diffusely

Maybe if i got signed it would grow back?

Wonko

Reaction score

have you seen Axl lately? He looks like Mr. Potato with quite possibly the strangest wig i've ever seen.
[/img]

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Solo said:
Michael Stipe from REM

Sting from Police

Phil Collins from Genesis

Mark Knopfler from Dire Straits

James Hetfield from Metallica

Wow.

Have you noticed something all these balding rock stars have in common?

That's right. They are all completely without talent. In particular, Sting's recent reprisal of Medieval and Renaissance madrigals comes across as a hellish diffuse piece of alchemy. Twat that he is.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Axl went nuts.

He looks like an alien grandmother.

sh*t, he is weird.

s.a.f

Reaction score
libertine said:
justin hawkins from the darkness is balding,quite obviously,chris martin from coldplay is always moaning about his receding hairline.
I find it interesting how both these guys had a slight degree of hairloss when they made it big but now several years later although they dont have full heads of hair still, their hairloss has'nt progressed any more. (suspicious?)