MSM supplement showing signs of new growth

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have just seen this on the iherb app. I take my tocotrienols with my omega3. I didn’t know they were a good combo.

Attachments

• 54F8B78A-B5FA-439E-B914-11DA3A1D2951.png
    54F8B78A-B5FA-439E-B914-11DA3A1D2951.png
    295.3 KB · Views: 153

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have just seen this on the iherb app. I take my tocotrienols with my omega3. I didn’t know they were a good combo.
Have you tried taking tocotrienols alone, in stronger doses? As far as I remember, you buy a ready-made bundle of omega 3 + tocotrienol?

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you notice any difference in hair quality with tocotrienols prior to starting with omega 3/Q10 or d/K2? Or did the progress only begin after adding the last 2?

I recently started Q10, read some great stuff and not a single negative from endless research. I've always taken omega 3 and vitamin d but tempted to look into adding tocotrienols and maybe k2.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sure I started them together last year. My shed stopped completely. I mean zero hair fall. I’d vigorously rub my head and nothing. A few months after I quit the omega/coq10 I began to shed again. I’ve continued to take tocotrienols. They darken the follicles. Perhaps toco works like minoxidil and omega/coq10 is the anti inflammatory. Great combo

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sure I started them together last year. My shed stopped completely. I mean zero hair fall. I’d vigorously rub my head and nothing. A few months after I quit the omega/coq10 I began to shed again. I’ve continued to take tocotrienols. They darken the follicles. Perhaps toco works like minoxidil and omega/coq10 is the anti inflammatory. Great combo
I have noticed virtually zero shedding since starting Q10, although it was already low since staring MSM when this thread began. I've also noticed slight darkening of hair but was putting that down to either MSM Q10 or l tyrosine which I also added few months ago same time as the Q10. Tyrosine is incredible if you get the dose correct, not exactly a 'high' but what I would consider the polar opposite to anxiety, wish I knew about it years ago when I was on finasteride. So not dropping that anytime soon, or MSM and Q10.

Interesting about the toco might have to add that.

I'm diffuse with a bit of receding rather than full on receding so maybe why I'm having success.

Ticken

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have noticed virtually zero shedding since starting Q10, although it was already low since staring MSM when this thread began. I've also noticed slight darkening of hair but was putting that down to either MSM Q10 or l tyrosine which I also added few months ago same time as the Q10. Tyrosine is incredible if you get the dose correct, not exactly a 'high' but what I would consider the polar opposite to anxiety, wish I knew about it years ago when I was on finasteride. So not dropping that anytime soon, or MSM and Q10.
Curios what dose of L-Tyrosine you are using?

Tyrosine is a precursor to Dopamine, is this what you mean by "not exactly a 'high' but...polar opposite to anxiety" if you get the dose right?

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Interesting about the toco might have to add that.

I'm diffuse with a bit of receding rather than full on receding so maybe why I'm having success.
I’ll probably get done tyrosine. What’s your MSM dosage?

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Curios what dose of L-Tyrosine you are using?

Tyrosine is a precursor to Dopamine, is this what you mean by "not exactly a 'high' but...polar opposite to anxiety" if you get the dose right?

Exactly, I've taken tyrosine in the passed for before sport etc to give a clear head the problem is it has a short half life and taking large doses can cause a crash in dopamine a few hours later, so I'm currently taking small doses through the day. My capsules are 3000mg, dirt cheap from Amazon, and I open the capsules up and into a tub and take the loose powder straight with a drink 3-4 times through the day up until about 7pm. So I'd guess I have roughly 2000mg per day.

That way my body doesn't get used to the high or to a dopamine spike and should avoid the crash when dopamine drops, and if I have less some days when I'm busy it's not an issue, don't feel a crash at all. Only thing I would say is don't take to late at night.

I do the exact same with micro dosing the powder with saw palmetto capsules, to much and notice a drop in libido (the reason I think it definitely controls DHT). Micro dose, add some zinc before bed, msm in morning and I'm all good.

Last edited:

Renovation

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ll probably get done tyrosine. What’s your MSM dosage?
I started on 5g MSM when this thread started, then up to 10g! Shedding reduced massively but not sure if it helped thicken hair. Then after few months slowly down to 1-2g in the morning. It's great and high dose seemed to help with running etc but over long term affected my sleep, would wake up and be wide awake etc. The 1g in morning seems to keep shedding down and doesn't affect sleep at all.

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to come to your senses and look at things realistically, and the reality is that MSM will not grow you new hair. Maybe some thickening and growth rate and that's it. I started taking MSM from the beginning of this thread, starting with 5g and going up to 25g. I recently stopped taking it and I have to say no new hair has grown back.
But it did improve my skin.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to come to your senses and look at things realistically, and the reality is that MSM will not grow you new hair. Maybe some thickening and growth rate and that's it. I started taking MSM from the beginning of this thread, starting with 5g and going up to 25g. I recently stopped taking it and I have to say no new hair has grown back.
But it did improve my skin.
It does help with maintaining current hairs. That about it

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd like to apologise for not sharing my MSM experience much earlier, but better late than never..

Here is a little timeline of what I documented back between late 2021 and 2022 of my MSM experience.

7th December 2021 - I started taking 11g MSM daily (10 tablets per day).
8th January 2022 - I noticed reduced shedding so upped to 15.4g daily (14 tablets per day).
26th January 2022 - Further reduction in shedding noticed so upped to 22g daily (20 tablets per day).
25th April 2022 - Stopped MSM as it was exhausting taking that many pills per day and getting a little expensive. I also wanted to trial run if my shedding returned.
22 June 2022 - No change in shedding since I stopped.
01 August 2022 - Started shedding again (perhaps seasonal shedding).

2022 overall was my best year for slowing down my hair loss since I've started to lose my hair.

I was taking it in tablet form 1.1g MSM with 40mg Vitamin C.

I started taking MSM because I was shedding in 2021 40-50 hairs per day, extremely shortly after taking MSM I started noticing my hair grew much faster than usual, my shedding massively decreased and vellus hairs were spotted on hairline.

I was most happy with the reduction in shedding by going from 40-50 hairs per day to literally 1-2 per day. It was crazy. That being said seasonality could have also affected this. It's important to note nothing has ever reduced my shedding like this not even dutasteride or 300mg RU daily.

The vellus hairs also helped me think that MSM was really working but they did not stick around.

Overall, its hard to tell if MSM did help my hair overall or how much seasonality was a factor but MSM did definitely help with my shedding in the short term, the change was drastic.

I actually think I might retry MSM, it's most definitely not a holy grail as none of my vellus hairs stuck around or turned terminal. That being said the reduction in shedding was hard to ignore and I may try this again soon.

Last edited:

Derek Clapton

Reaction score
I'd like to apologise for not sharing my MSM experience much earlier, but better late than never..

Here is a little timeline of what I documented back between late 2021 and 2022 of my MSM experience.

7th December 2021 - I started taking 11g MSM daily (10 tablets per day).
8th January 2022 - I noticed reduced shedding so upped to 15.4g daily (14 tablets per day).
26th January 2022 - Further reduction in shedding noticed so upped to 22g daily (20 tablets per day).
25th April 2022 - Stopped MSM as it was exhausting taking that many pills per day and getting a little expensive. I also wanted to trial run if my shedding returned.
22 June 2022 - No change in shedding since I stopped.
01 August 2022 - Started shedding again (perhaps seasonal shedding).

2022 overall was my best year for slowing down my hair loss since I've started to lose my hair.

I was taking it in tablet form 1.1g MSM with 40mg Vitamin C.

I started taking MSM because I was shedding in 2021 40-50 hairs per day, extremely shortly after taking MSM I started noticing my hair grew much faster than usual, my shedding massively decreased and vellus hairs were spotted on hairline.

I was most happy with the reduction in shedding by going from 40-50 hairs per day to literally 1-2 per day. It was crazy. That being said seasonality could have also affected this. It's important to note nothing has ever reduced my shedding like this not even dutasteride or 300mg RU daily.

The vellus hairs also helped me think that MSM was really working but they did not stick around.

Overall, its hard to tell if MSM did help my hair overall or how much seasonality was a factor but MSM did definitely help with my shedding in the short term, the change was drastic.

I actually think I might retry MSM, it's most definitely not a holy grail as none of my vellus hairs stuck around or turned terminal. That being said the reduction in shedding was hard to ignore and I may try this again soon.
You can buy it as a powder. I put it in a glass of squash and you can barely taste it. It's no miracle cure but my guess is it helps with keratin production and possibly inflammation. My view on most things is if it's cheap and easy and gives a small advantage then do it.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can buy it as a powder. I put it in a glass of squash and you can barely taste it. It's no miracle cure but my guess is it helps with keratin production and possibly inflammation. My view on most things is if it's cheap and easy and gives a small advantage then do it.

Did you notice any positive results from MSM?

Derek Clapton

Reaction score
Did you notice any positive results from MSM?
I think it's impossible to quantify most of this stuff really unless obvious growth occurs and you are consistent with everything else, and it didn't. It seemed like my fingernails def grew faster, so complete bro science but I'd guess that it aids with keratin production, but of course that is irrelevant if your DHT is intent on cucking your follicles. I basically see it as something that maybe maximises any growth that topicals can stimulate, and maybe having some kind of anti inflammatory effect.

nick123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok. I was trying to take the worst pics with my hair combed up showing bare spots. Now with a few shots of concealer and my hair combed down. This is how I go about.

@Kidbako

Would be great if we could get an update from you after all this time, are you still on MSM? How's progress etc.

jazz1

Reaction score
I added Doctors best msm.

deamond

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a new study that has an effect on telogen alopecia