MSM - now in the big 4

G

No offence meant, but why is this being stuck in the unproven section? Nobody goes there except for the wierdos.

I kind of agree with Shave my poodle, but im inclined to say hair supplement not treatment, but nonetheless one that everybody with male pattern baldness should use IMO.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying out MSm right now. It's in my glucosamine supplement. Hopefully I'll notice something.

There are studies out there that shows that it clearly thickens hair up.

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
I think everyone (those who have used it) will agree that it helps to speed up growth as in lengthening the hair faster, so theoritically, it should help the vellous hairs grown by minoxidil and spironolactone to pigment and gain in length quicker. Also, I believe it is a proven treatment because it helps to improve the texture and thickness of the hair, which is of great importance to people with hair loss and thinning.

So, it would be greatly appreciated if you (admin) would move this back to general hairloss section, where it could be viewed by more people. Thanks.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
Not a chance of that absmon. I mean, go click on MSM here and read the article on it from this site. They are clearly anti MSM or anything else natural for that matter.

G

Healthy Nick said:
Not a chance of that absmon. I mean, go click on MSM here and read the article on it from this site. They are clearly anti MSM or anything else natural for that matter.

Its a pretty crap article IMO. Same old thing just because it doesent have tons of clinical date it cant be any good.

MSM is very good for improving hair texture, condition, speed of growth and appearance but wont stop your hair from falling out. End of story.

Bone Daddy

Established Member
Reaction score
lol, I cant remember that, can I buy it as a supplement from somewhere?

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a good post indeed .Why is it in the experimental ?Its cheap as well . I have a tip for those who read this post . http://www.wonderlabs.com has msm for cheap and minoxidil 4 oz. for 20$!

G

Kevin fretwell said:
This is a good post indeed .Why is it in the experimental ?Its cheap as well . I have a tip for those who read this post . http://www.wonderlabs.com has msm for cheap and minoxidil 4 oz. for 20$!

That's the good stuff too! (Sublingual) not the petro-chemical derived stuff.

Each Tablet Contains:
Glucosamine Sulfate............................500 mg
M. S. M. (methylsulfonylmethane).......500 mg
Source of M. S. M. is LIGNIN from pine trees.
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)....................150 mg
Sodium Free

paltuga

Reaction score
I'm currently using Publx MSM with Glucosamine Complex, 1000MG tablets and I take 3 a day.

Doesnt say where it comes from but the ingrediants are

Glucoasmine hydrochloride
MSM
White willow (bark)
Ginger Extract (rhizome)

any idea if I'm taking the right one . . . also does that mean the one NOT derived from pine trees (LINGUID I believe) will not produce any results??? Thanks in advance guys.

powersam

Reaction score
msm has done good things for me. but i use it mostly as a treatment for insulin resistance. In my attack on hairloss i'm trying to cover a few bases at least. dutasteride for dht , spironolactone for growth , cold showers for temp and circulation , a low gi diet with plenty of cinnamon for insulin resistance , and MSM around 2g twice daily also for insulin resistance. Some improvement on hair , but even more so general health. Everything has improved , especially sexually.

anyway quality of msm is very important also , as ive used two brands and the last worked wonders while the first did very little. i think it was mostly vitamin c. i apologise if you have to remove this HairlossTalk, but this MSM has done good stuff for me an i'd like to let other people try it.

http://www.a1msm.co.uk/

but might only be viable for those in the UK such as myself.

Shinyscalp23

Established Member
Reaction score
you guys got me convinced im buying this sheeyut---3 grams--im gonna remember that...can you snort the msm powder--joking lol

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
Snipes said:
I've also noticed it has enhanced the texture of my hair and also makes my fingernails grow like crazy

yeah and hopefully it will speed up the growing of my nails too!
I am taking an antifungal medicine (lamisil) for a fungal infection in the nails of my feet, takes veeerry long before nails are grown out before i can quiet this medicine (about a year of using extra medication besides finasteride). so i can use a little boost in growth here!

started today with 3g of MSM a day...

davejeni

Reaction score
i am an aussie & they dont have msm so they gave me

bio organics

glucosamine forte 500
ingredients
glucosamine sulfate potassium
chloride complex (1.5g)1500mg

will that work as msm

Could someone please help.

Thin

Established Member
Reaction score
I accidentally spilled some of this MSM stuff on my penis and it sprung up like a rocket on initial contact!! :freaked2:

regrowing_hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys,
I am looking for MSM (with lingisul logo) and SP topical. I found MSM at GNC. I dont know if its lingisul coz i din c the logo and they dont carry SP topical. Does any1 know if there if i can find MSM and Biotin together in capsule ( 1000mg each). Let me where i can get them.
Thanks

Jacob

Reaction score
davejeni said:
i am an aussie & they dont have msm so they gave me

bio organics

glucosamine forte 500
ingredients
glucosamine sulfate potassium
chloride complex (1.5g)1500mg

will that work as msm

Could someone please help.

http://www.msmaustralia.com.au/

I used Google au: http://www.google.com.au/search?hair loss=en&q=msm&btnG=Search&meta=cr=countryAU