MSM causes less shed/stronger hair?

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I started MSM at the beginning of my regimen and noticed I didn't shed much at all during the period. THe hairs seemed very strong and no matter what kind of pull I did on my hair, I could hardly get a shed hair. About 4 months in the regimen I ran out of MSM and at 5 months I began shedding and thinning a bit. Right after 5 months, I got back on 5000 MG MSM and hair has gotten stronger, darker, and no more shed hairs, can't pull anything out at all. Anybody notice this with taking MSM? Can MSM be that potent and viable against hair loss?

jeffsss

Reaction score
wangho75 said:
I started MSM at the beginning of my regimen and noticed I didn't shed much at all during the period. THe hairs seemed very strong and no matter what kind of pull I did on my hair, I could hardly get a shed hair. About 4 months in the regimen I ran out of MSM and at 5 months I began shedding and thinning a bit. Right after 5 months, I got back on 5000 MG MSM and hair has gotten stronger, darker, and no more shed hairs, can't pull anything out at all. Anybody notice this with taking MSM? Can MSM be that potent and viable against hair loss?

different regimines work for different people. I know MSM promotes healthy hair growht.. dont think it does anything for the root of the cause though.

mon

Established Member
Reaction score
From personal experience, it definately helps thickening and fater growth substantially.

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
well i started to chat on msn chat now, instead of yahoo chats, and i noticed no significant differenece in my hair loss.

HairyPotter

Established Member
Reaction score
try2beme22 said:
what is MSM?

MSM = Methylsulfonyl-methane

I got mine at GNC, but you could find it pretty much anywhere. Its promoted as helping joint cartilage, but its also thought to make hair grow faster and thicker.

Britannia

Reaction score
MSM is great at making your hair thicker and grow faster but it will not stop shedding.

tal17

Reaction score
Can anyone provide a website that I can order MSM? Or is it available at any pharmacy/grocery store? And does it have a different name?

Thanks

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
this is TRUE

i was taken msm for 3 months but i stopped few weeks ago and now my hairs are coming out everywhere, i think if i go back again i will not shed like im shedding right now and my hair will be thicker, so i think i will go back and see the deal.

isnt 5000mg too much for a day ? i take 2000gb of 1g capsules and i think its enough

powersam

Reaction score
from what i can tell there isnt really a maximum safe dose, you could probaby eat a kg of it and still be fine (nb. dont try this). i take 3 x 3g a day, apparently spreading the doses out over the day helps to prevent you pissing it all out

pbabico

Reaction score
ronaldkia said:
well i started to chat on msn chat now, instead of yahoo chats, and i noticed no significant differenece in my hair loss.

LOL wow, i'm surprised you haven't been banned from this forum yet. Quotes like this just show that you have no life and that you have too much time on your hands. If you haven't noticed, this forum is for people seeking help and advice for hair loss. Your comments are irrelevent and not even funny. Your polls are ridiculous. Notice that people are just ignoring you from now on. Get serious or get the Fu#$ outta here, no one wants you here man.

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Barry_Blue

Established Member
Reaction score
I take 4 750mg capsules a day, my hair does grow faster and I now have to cut my nails 3 times a week, before it was just once!!!!

But on the few desperate, depressed occasions I've taken like 7/8 capsules I felt really sick a few hours later and I don't think it's just a coincidence[/quote]