MSM and uber-facial hair

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
I saw something in the mirror that shocked me today. Now keep in mind the only difference in my diet & supplementing in a while was the addition of MSM + vitamin C. Today I noticed about 10% of the hair on my chin has become super hard and seems to be growing aggressively. The thickness is almost like that of the whiskers on my dog's face, and the hairs themselves look as if they are on steroids and actually pushing other hairs out of the way to force their way out the skin. I couldn't believe my eyes this morning. I had to get out a magnifier to make sure that they weren't actually several hairs stuck together. They actually look like they don't belong on my face!

Unfortunately, I have seen no such dramatic changes on my head. :sobbing:

Can this amazing difference be credited to MSM? I am currently taking 2000 mg daily. I have NEVER seen hair like this on my face.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've had no changes to facial/body hair after about 10 months on MSM/Vit C and the rest of the
crap I'm using.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
madhatter said:
my facial hair grows much faster since starting MSM.

Same for me but taking 6000 mg a day! 3000 in the morning and 3000 at night. Half-life of MSM in the body is 12 hours. I always take it with Vitamin c and Grape seed extract.

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
madhatter said:
what is the significance of taking grape seed extract?

Grape seed is supposed to be good for circulation.

And holy CRAP Squeegee! 6000 mg MSM a day?! I am currently taking 2000 mg, is that not enough? I do, however, wash down the pills with V8 juice, so I'm sure there's plenty of sulfur in that as well.

I know you guys say your facial hair grows much faster, but what about the extreme density of the hair shaft itself I've been noticing? I've actually considered getting out my micrometer (I'm a machinist) and measuring the density for comparison.

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
OK I got too curiousand got out my micrometer. I plucked 2 hairs for comparison. One of my normal facial hairs measured .0031 and one of these new uber-hairs measured .0068. That's over double the thickness.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
LOL Devil... you are a sick bastard! Measuring the hair diameter lol ...about the MSM.. I am taking it in form powder.. V8 juice is not a bad idea also! Probably gulp my next MSM mixture with that.. Sulfur rulez! I know by fact that Silica is also a kick *** sulfur because my nails, hair grows like a motherfucker!

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
LOL I guess I went a little balls-out! Seven-thousandths of an inch is huge for a strand of hair, that's why I had to make sure it wasn't 2 hairs stuck together!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
madhatter said:
what is the significance of taking grape seed extract?

Grape Seed Extract is a natural plant constituent (a bioflavonoid) which strengthens and protects living tissue. It is a SUPER ANTIOXIDANT which is 20-50 TIMES MORE POWERFUL THAN VITAMIN C, E, & BETA CAROTENE! Grape Seed Extract is an antiallergenic, antihistamine, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and it strengthens blood vessels, improves skin and aids in circulation. Researchers have discovered that Grape Seed Extract can help defeat the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which stops the hair follicle growth cycle. Grape Seed Extract can help stimulate healthy hair growth. The active plant constituents in Grape Seed Extract are proanthocyanidins (OPC). Citrus Bioflavonoids increase capillary strength, regulate absorption, and enhance the effectiveness of Vitamin C and OPC.

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
Well then Squeegee, I think I'll join you in the fun of supplementation LOL. Next week I will be stocking up on supplies at GNC, and I'll look into grape seed extract. Those bastards only give you 20% off the first week of every month,so make sure you're aware of that if you join their Gold Card club. It's a great deal, but you have to be prepared to fully stock yourself the first 7 days of every month.

Petchsky

Reaction score
squeegee said:
madhatter said:
my facial hair grows much faster since starting MSM.

Same for me but taking 6000 mg a day! 3000 in the morning and 3000 at night. Half-life of MSM in the body is 12 hours. I always take it with Vitamin c and Grape seed extract.

I thought you were only meant to take up to 3000mg a day, though i'm thinking you double it because of the half life? How much faster than normal does that your hair grow? Also the taste of msm powder is evil, girggle it, i could barely swallow it

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
I thought you were only meant to take up to 3000mg a day, though i'm thinking you double it because of the half life? How much faster than normal does that your hair grow? Also the taste of msm powder is evil, girggle it, i could barely swallow it

I don't want to say twice as fast, but it seems that way. I usually just have the wife buzz my hair down to 5/8" and she did about 2 weeks ago. The other day the wife said, "Didn't I just cut your hair?" It seems to grow like wildfire on this stuff. Facial hair getting very prickly and dulling razors faster, nails seem to have a loud "clack!!" when I trim them. I am totally with Squeegee when he says "Sulfur rules!!"

Petchsky

Reaction score
After my transplant i'll start taking 6000mg in an effort to regrow my shaved area so i can hide it without the use of a hat everywhere i go :) Getting the capsules though this time

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
How sulfur promote hair grow http://www.helium.com/knowledge/116112- ... air-growth
BTW MSM is not toxic at all.. you can gulp the whole bottle if you want.. MSM intakes go with your body weight if I remember but 5000-6000 mg is a good dose for Male.I bought mine in powder form because it is really cheap..Pharmaceutical grade.My hair keep getting darker and thicker. I am taking The GSE in powder form that I bought from Purebulk.com really cheap.. Mix well with juice. I am taking Silica also. Really good stuff and cheap and easy add-on to your regimen. You need that Methionine and Cysteine from sulfur to boost that keratin production. Yes it works. Also try to find a good Vitamin C brand with calcium ascorbate and calcium threonate with it for better absorption. Here is 5 studies about GSE and hair grow: http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-remedy ... xtract.cfm

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
I just bought a bottle of 100 softgels "garlic oil perles" to add to my supplementation. Man, I should have bought the "odor controlled", because I taste garlic as I type. Should I even bother? Is taking garlic the same as MSM?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I am taking garlic also..good sulfur..but MSM is better when it comes to hairloss. You burp and smell like garlic yeah!

Hammer87

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to sound like such a noob.

But what does MSM stand for?

And how does it affect male pattern baldness (Or thought to?)

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Man, read the thread......don't be lazy!