most embarrassing night of my life

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
had the girl, had her naked, she was ready, and I couldn't get it up.... i'm 23 and have been on finasteride for a year and half...

I'm freaked the hell out... im gonna get some blood work done ASAP and see whatsup, ill report back soon..

yikes

Prop

Established Member
Reaction score
if u think to quit finasteride don't do it cold turkey

RP3X

Established Member
Reaction score
nohawk said:
had the girl, had her naked, she was ready, and I couldn't get it up.... i'm 23 and have been on finasteride for a year and half...

I'm freaked the hell out... im gonna get some blood work done ASAP and see whatsup, ill report back soon..

yikes

It happens due to many reasons though....

I recall watching a 'wanna be a p**rn star' audition show on tvx a few years back and some guys there were only 18-25, ie young guys and majority of the guys could not get an errection when a young lady was teasing them for a few minutes.....

In the end it was 2 blokes in there 30s/40s that did....

One young 18-19 year old bloke in that audition said if I had known it was an errection test I wouldnt have :jackit: the night before.

If anything tell her you can start her off and tell her to give you a hand thats what they do in most xxx films anyhow :gay:

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I've heard about people having this sort of anxiety problem, it's not uncommon. I doubt it is finasteride related.

Gene_Fighter

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah man don't immediately assume this is a side-effect issue, I think it's actually pretty common for young guys to have some anxiety and have difficulty getting it up, depending on the circumstances.

I know with my first girl friend I had great difficulty getting it up the first few times, and yeah my head was spinning after that. After we had been together longer it was never a problem again though.

Take it slow, and make sure you're very comfortable with the person first. Foreplay is important too. I remember when we first started dating she would grind on me for like 20 mins, and then afterwards I was suddenly expected to perform. When I couldn't I was totally embarrassed, of course, but we got over it. And that happened more than once. So don't immediately assume it's the sides.

Ende

Reaction score
You're all right, but he doesn't have morning erections, which means that he does have a problem with finasteride.

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks guys... i don't know if its purely psychological cause my sex drive has been low and i never get horny .... BUT it could definitely be a combination of finasteride and paranoia. I am going to have some bloodwork done to see if anything is off and then start taking Zinc to see if things improve. I will let u all know how things go..

and yeah... morning erections are merely a faint memory of a finless past.

PS: enden, is the zinc treatment supposed to be taken while still on finasteride or is it something I would do after deciding to go off?

Ende

Reaction score
nohawk said:
PS: enden, is the zinc treatment supposed to be taken while still on finasteride or is it something I would do after deciding to go off?
Both. The problem is DHT deficiency, increased estrogen level and suppressed testosterone level. There are several other hormones involved as well, but these are the basics. Large doses of zinc works as an aromatase inhibitor, and should relieve the symptoms. Chris87 (viewtopic.php?f=46&t=62708) cut his daily dose of finasteride to 0.25 mg a day, which he used a long with zinc every day. However, I do recommend looking into creatine too, if you decide to quit.

How is your prostate fluid? White or transparent?

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
nohawk said:
Both. The problem is DHT deficiency, increased estrogen level and suppressed testosterone level. There are several other hormones involved as well, but these are the basics. Large doses of zinc works as an aromatase inhibitor, and should relieve the symptoms. Chris87 (viewtopic.php?f=46&t=62708) cut his daily dose of finasteride to 0.25 mg a day, which he used a long with zinc every day. However, I do recommend looking into creatine too, if you decide to quit.

How is your prostate fluid? White or transparent?

because i don't masturbate more than once a week or so (mainly for weekly check-up purposes) its white, but if i do it more frequently it gets more clear. I have a very active lifestyle and I'm in the gym doing lifting 3 times a week and also do mixed martial arts twice per week, I think these activities are helping my testosterone somehow. I just don't have any drive or sex lust.. it feels like my penis is detached from my body.

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
because i don't masturbate more than once a week or so (mainly for weekly check-up purposes) its white, but if i do it more frequently it gets more clear. I have a very active lifestyle and I'm in the gym doing lifting 3 times a week and also do mixed martial arts twice per week, I think these activities are helping my testosterone somehow. I just don't have any drive or sex lust.. it feels like my penis is detached from my body.

Damn dude that souds like a problem, maybe this song could help you cope.

[youtube:2as9jrcs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDss8V2OME4[/youtube:2as9jrcs]

HAHA

Ende

Reaction score
nohawk said:
If it's white, it's a good sign. It's transparent when you have severe DHT deficieny. Prolactin may be a problem too. Excessive prolactin suppresses dopamine, which has a lot to do with sexual arousal and refraction period, thereby libido.

Ende

Reaction score
Damn, why was I stupid enough to listen to that song. Now I have that guitar sound and woman singing "detachable penis" in my head. Think I'm going to have a nightmare tonight.

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
As Enden said, I was able to effectively combat finasteride sides by dropping the dose and using zinc. I started on .5mg and was having sides (weird ejaculations, watery semen, trouble getting/maintaining erection, no morning erection, felt like my penis had lost a bit of size)

What I've done is, I've switched to .25mg, I take 60mg of zinc a day before bed and I take 800mg of tribulus a day (to naturally boost test level). Also, I began taking the finasteride before bed along with the zinc (taking them at the same time)..not sure if this matters but before i was taking finasteride in the afternoon (around 1pm). I figured if I take the zinc and finasteride before bed, since most test is produced while youre sleeping, i'd be getting the zinc and finasteride in my system at the most opportune time.

Anyway after about a day of doing this I woke up with a raging morning erection and i believe i'm 100% recovered while still on finasteride..i've had no problems getting/maintaining an erection and i feel like my dick is back to normal...ejaculations back to normal as well both in volume and consistency.

So maybe try some of these things, it may take longer for you since you've been on 1mg for a longer period of time (I was on .5mg for like a month before I decided that the sides needed to be addressed). I wouldnt quit cold turkey though...it seems people with the sides you're describing dont do well just quitting cold turkey. I think itd be smart to drop to .5mg or .25mg while taking like 100mg zinc before bed (all at once) and maybe look into Tribulus too (you can get it at any supplement store)

EDIT: I should mention that there is debate on whether or not Tribulus helps increase/support testosterone level. All I know is I've been taking it lately and my libido is fantastic. Some people think it does have an effect on test level/libido some people think its BS. I figure it cant hurt..and right now I'm doing well so..if its not broke dont fix it

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
nohawk said:

yikes
just don't take that sh*t.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Ok yeah if you're not having any sex drive really then get off of finasteride or take some of the measures some people here recommend like zinc etc.

I was under the impression it was more of an anxiety thing from the way your post phrased it.

nohawk

Established Member
Reaction score
They're charging me an arm and a leg for bloods. Should i wait and get some sort of insurance or should i just try zinc without knowing my blood results?

Why the eff is it so hard to have HAIR!

Ende

Reaction score
Just go with zinc right away, if you can't afford the test. It'll suppress your estrogen level and increase your testosterone level.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
The problem is DHT deficiency, increased estrogen level and suppressed testosterone level.

Finasteride will raise estrogen and lower DHT, but it doesn't lower testosterone levels, it raises them.

Ende

Reaction score
timbo said:
Enden said:
The problem is DHT deficiency, increased estrogen level and suppressed testosterone level.

Finasteride will raise estrogen and lower DHT, but it doesn't lower testosterone levels, it raises them.
Finasteride doesn't do anything else than suppress the DHT level by blocking reducatse enzymes. Testosterone and estrogen rasies as a consequense, and in some cases the estrogen level continues to raise, which suppresses the testosterone level, becuase of the body's negative feedback mechanism.