More proof that balding isn't entirely genetic

Misanthrope

Reaction score
So LOWER YOUR TESTOSTERONE EVERYBODY!

The hair is either sensitive to DHT or it's not. Yes, I could inject myself with steroids and accelerate the process, but the hair follicles were sensitive to begin with. Hence why the back and sides wouldn't thin out.

Mikazz

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes baldness is genetic + environment. Bad life habits WILL accelerate hair loss, I say ACCELERATE not CAUSE hair loss.

This is why I got bald at a younger age than all of my family in their entire known history. I had a lot of bad life habits, and society is bad at teaching you what is good for you.

Mikazz

Established Member
Reaction score
no scientific evidence that environmental factors will accelerate baldness

Studies in Twins Highlight New Risk Factors for Hair Loss
Link
findings from new studies of male and female identical twins suggest that a broad range of lifestyle factors, including stress, smoking, heavy drinking, and sun exposure, may also foil the follicles.
In men, genes seemed to be the biggest predictor of balding,though smoking, drinking, stress, and sun exposure also factored in.

Twins are genetically destined to have the same number of hairs,â€￾ Guyuron says. “And if one has fewer it means that it is related to outside factors.â€￾

“What is amazing is how many of these twins have exactly the same behaviors, the same things matching except one or two factors that possibly may contribute to these differences,â€￾ Guyuron says.

Twin brothers bald at exactly the same rate. Are you going to tell me it's because they eat the exact same diet or smoke exactly the same number of cigarettes everyday?

No, not all, this is not what have been studied. Even a quick search on this forum lead to this:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...4-balding-while-identical-twin-brother-is-not

Then, an another research on identical twins:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23629119
Conclusion: This study offers substantial evidence that exogenous factors may have a clinically significant impact on hair loss.

Other links:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...lin-Thomas-One-sister-alopecia-head-hair.html

Mikazz

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I posted a link on the other page showing obesity causes premature male pattern baldness too. Obvious really.

Baldness has been strongly linked to coronary heart disease, you have a 45% increased chance of CHD if you are balding. What interested me was that the author of the study said that baldness is a good indicator of your "true biological age" as opposed to how old you are chronologically. In terms of health, the older you look for your age the worse your health is and the sooner you will die.

I absolutely agree with you. Going bald at a young age, more often than not, means bad artery. There is a study showing that young bald men are mostly pre-diabetic, this is linked to insulin resistance.

One of the main cause of bad artery/diabete is a diet high in carbohydrate, especially refined sugar. Other possible causes are smoking and possibly lack of sun exposure (there is a study showing that people who are lacking unprotected sun exposure were more likely to get heart diseases, there is even a ted talk on this subject).

So baldness shows women how healthy we are, it's like the health bar in a video game.

I don't agree with this one. Some people are very unhealthy without having hair loss, and vice versa. Like I said, it's genetic first, then environmental factors will determine how fast you go bald.

Reaction score
That thread makes no sense.It's a fact that majority of the man who are balding has a genetical predisposition to it.It's not only dht that causes you to go bald.It's your hair follicles that are sensitive and can't withstand the dht circulating in your bloodstream.