More proof that balding isn't entirely genetic

Reaction score
How can you guys say stress isn't speeding up/causing balding? Look at breezy, you can see he was fine and had a perfect hairline and nothing bad happened to his hair until he went to jail and started stressin. Look at how fat he got, you can tell that weight gain was from depression and stress. If he didn't go to jail he wouldn't even be receding right now.

Attachments

• Chris+Brown+Appears+in+Court+bRwPp9EPCOgx.jpg
    Chris+Brown+Appears+in+Court+bRwPp9EPCOgx.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 489
  • chris-brown1-500x425.jpg
    chris-brown1-500x425.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 518
  • Chris-Brown-fade-buzz-haircut-e1289504354702.jpg
    Chris-Brown-fade-buzz-haircut-e1289504354702.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 588

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Pretty ridiculous thread, 99% of men who experience balding can be explained simply as male pattern baldness.
The first picture also clearly shows recession in the pattern of male pattern baldness.

Being fat or having a poor diet rarely causes hair loss unless absolutely extreme measures are taken and it is always reversible. You see Hobo's with perfect NW1's. It would make me laugh if the only reason he was loosing his hair because he was on finasteride but because of prison time he had to go off it.

Reaction score
Pretty ridiculous thread, 99% of men who experience balding can be explained simply as male pattern baldness.
The first picture also clearly shows recession in the pattern of male pattern baldness.

Being fat or having a poor diet rarely causes hair loss unless absolutely extreme measures are taken and it is always reversible. You see Hobo's with perfect NW1's. It would make me laugh if the only reason he was loosing his hair because he was on finasteride but because of prison time he had to go off it.

That would be crazy if he was on finasteride the whole time

Reaction score
Can't tell if you guys are in denial about causing your own hairloss or if you really think you were born with a genetic code saying "okay, on day 993048 of your life you will start balding in this specific pattern at this specific speed no matter what you do"

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's opinions like this that still make people ignorant on the matter of hair loss. What's next, wearing a hat causes baldness too?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
look how many fitness models/bodybuilers are bald

Reaction score
look how many fitness models/bodybuilers are bald

They could have chronic stress and depression and weight lifting excessively can actually do more harm than good sometimes. There are some people completely immune to balding. No matter what they do, they won't lose hair. But I think people who are susseptible to the curse (us) can speed it up with negativity in our lives.

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
Curse you are still partly in the denial stage and like me and most everybody else when you first find out hairloss can be reversed (partially). You go after everything to find a cure and better your situation so at the end of the day you can have 20% more hair on your head, but still look balder than someone who doesn't have male pattern baldness, to stand on top of a mountain and shout "I did it! I conquered male pattern baldness!!" You didn't do anything and years of research brought us to this little blue pill filled with a component that inhibits 5AR which causes balding. And before you go attacking me or anyone else understand that I completely believe in alternative medicine and that the body is capable of healing itself. But guess what, no more hair will come on your head from how fit you are, and when I went to an acupuncturist I mentioned balding and he even said there is nothing we can do about that. An acupuncturist and all their voodoo and nothing they can do to even help balding! NOOOOO :sobbing:

And if you are still delusional you can compensate by making false realities. I did do my homework on balding and believe it is completely hormonal, so I see what I want to see. I've noticed most bald guys have good frames and musculature due to androgen to estrogen balance and don't look like full Norwood fairies that star in their community college theater production. Who knows 5AR may give you a bigger penis too :innocent:

Reaction score
Yeah I noticed that too. people who aren't bald at all around me are skinny af. I was hanging out with this kid last night and both me and him are stocky and have **** hairlines and there was one kid there skinny as **** with a full hairline. Well this is bull**** I'd rather have hair than muscle.

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Skinny NW3-4 reporting in.

And regarding overall manliness of us baldies: Local 5AR expression is the key and seems to be largely independent on a systemic scale. Unfortunately, there is no relation between d*ck size, muscularity, and baldness.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I have never been over weight in my life and have been working out since my early 20's and have never stopped. I started losing hair at 22.

Reaction score
I have never been over weight in my life and have been working out since my early 20's and have never stopped. I started losing hair at 22.
I was implying that the depression/stress contributed towards his weight gain and contributed towards his hair loss

ladysmanfelpz

Established Member
Reaction score
No I see where you are going curse that there is more to hairloss than simply genetics and I do agree that stress and overall health can play a factor. By a factor I do mean a small component and is not the difference between bald and Tom Cruise. Obviously as our overall health declines hair thins as you see with even older women. And I do agree stress plays a small component. I notice when my anxiety is up from work, travel, other issues my hair feels thinner. Even as a diagnosed NW3v I can pull off a good look and with finasteride and other styling techniques can maintain a thicker non-bald appearance. When stressed, last time that comes to mind was kicked off multiple flights for a very important interview, I could feel my sebum production increasing and felt my hair become more straw like. I would say this is a minor contributor and comparable to someone who uses steroids has hairline loss to slowly reverse when their androgen count returns to normal. Soon as stress decreases you return to normal. Now chronic stress may be a different story.

Aesthetic

Established Member
Reaction score
They could have chronic stress and depression and weight lifting excessively can actually do more harm than good sometimes. There are some people completely immune to balding. No matter what they do, they won't lose hair. But I think people who are susseptible to the curse (us) can speed it up with negativity in our lives.
lol its pretty bull ****, some guys out there can literally inject tons of DHT into there bodie not lose a single hair, 80 year old men nw1, while 20 year old kids going que ball bald

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I guess Androgen sensitivity is increasing somehow whuch leads to faster inflammation and all.

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah the whole stress and hair loss thing is silly to me. My older brother is the most stressed out person I know and he has a full head of hair. I'm moderately stressed and hairline has receded. They've proven twins bald at the same rate regardless of lifestyle.

Misanthrope

Reaction score
My morbidly obese neighbor who can barely walk has a thick NW1. Meanwhile, I run 3 miles a day and eat organic - yet I'm bald as f***!

Ronin216

Reaction score
He just has a really good barber. In the first picture he has hair grown out and not pushed forward. Doesn't look like he is going bald tho