Missing Pixels Story | Fighting A Receding Hairline | Age 27

MissingPixels

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 Years & 10 months Into Regimen, 1 year on Finasteride

Now that I've been on finasteride for a whole year I wanted to check in, but I don't really have much to say. My regimen in nonintrusive and my hair loss has stopped so I don't really think about it anymore.

I'm still experiencing regrowth, but it has been at a glacial pace. This isn't an issue because I was never dissatisfied with my hairline. It's a nice change to look in the mirror and count new hairs instead of lost ones, but it isn't really amounting to too much.

MissingPixels

My Regimen
Reaction score
Which shampoos?
I don't use shampoo for treating my hair loss, but I use Finesse or Herbal Essences for washing my hair like normal. I used to use Nizoral once a week, but I became concerned that it was too harsh for the tiny new hairs I was growing after I started finasteride.

EDIT: I saw another post of yours and it appears that you're interested in ketoconazole shampoo. I can give you a few more details about my experience with nizoral.

I used to use 2% Nizoral twice a week in conjunction with 5% Rogaine twice daily. I was never a heavy shedder, but the nizoral reduced my shedding pretty much to nothing. I would use it after shampooing my hair with regular shampoo, and then chase it with conditioner.

The ketoconazole was a little drying, but the conditioner made up for it. However I went through a phase where I went swimming at my local pool regularly. The chlorine in addition to the nizoral was too much so I stopped using nizoral for a while.

After a while I began using it again once a week, but then I stopped due to the reasons stated above.

Last edited:

MissingPixels

My Regimen
Reaction score
4 Years & 3 Months into Regimen

In January I decided to adopt a ketogenic diet. After about 6 weeks of the diet, I noticed a fair bit of new hair growing on my hairline. Now approaching 4 months of keto, I've added on about the same amount of regrowth as I did in my first full year of finasteride.

That's not to say I've had an amazing amount of regrowth, but still, this new diet has definitely affected my hairline in a positive way. (I was already healthy, I just wanted to try keto to see how it would effect my energy levels.)

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
4 Years & 3 Months into Regimen

In January I decided to adopt a ketogenic diet. After about 6 weeks of the diet, I noticed a fair bit of new hair growing on my hairline. Now approaching 4 months of keto, I've added on about the same amount of regrowth as I did in my first full year of finasteride.

That's not to say I've had an amazing amount of regrowth, but still, this new diet has definitely affected my hairline in a positive way. (I was already healthy, I just wanted to try keto to see how it would effect my energy levels.)
I heard keto diet Long term is unhealthy. What do you typically eat? Do you eat any carbs at all?

MissingPixels

My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard keto diet Long term is unhealthy. What do you typically eat? Do you eat any carbs at all?
Fish high in omega-3, cauliflower, avocado, almond milk, leafy greens, eggs, cucumbers, coffee with a splash of heavy cream, to name a few things. While I don't eat carb rich food, I get some from veggies.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fish high in omega-3, cauliflower, avocado, almond milk, leafy greens, eggs, cucumbers, coffee with a splash of heavy cream, to name a few things. While I don't eat carb rich food, I get some from veggies.
Thanks. I Read about a woman that had slow hair growth and changed to keto and her hair grew alot faster.